• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I remember the days when Crash Bandicoot and Spyro starred in spinoffs (GBA I think) alongside each other and noone worried who was bigger.

For what it's worth those games are probably what's got me sat confused about why people don't rate them as equally as I do.

Either would be cool left field choices in any case for me.

PIXLEsauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cheatingtaco
3DS FC
2320-6152-1291
i don't know if anyone's discussed this before, but how would you guys feel about having a single ice climber as a character?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know, that reminds me.

DJ3DS DJ3DS You mentioned that if we got 5 characters or more, you would eat a shoe. Are you still going to hold up to your word? :upsidedown:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Y'know, that reminds me.

DJ3DS DJ3DS You mentioned that if we got 5 characters or more, you would eat a shoe. Are you still going to hold up to your word? :upsidedown:

I am a man of my word.

(Although I don't remember saying this or what additional character we've got over what I was expecting. Forgive me, I have been lax on speculation since Ryu was released.)

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, how are you guys preparing yourself for the direct / coping with the anxiety?

I am stressfully looking for chores to do so that time passes by more quickly... XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Welp, looks like another mod jumped in and issued out a few bans. Alright, so, I should go ahead and mention this but this thread is probably going to be a mess tomorrow. Regardless of what's revealed, there's a pretty high chance that the boards will crash and the boards will be swamped with hundreds, if not thousands, of visitors. That said, the mods will have their hands full so, using all your bodily restraint, try to not act like a pug nut tomorrow. Avoid single word/sentence posts, posts that are nothing but pics/gifs, fake leaks, real leaks (should they happen), and the usual durr hurring that clogs up the boards during big presentations. If you don't think you can handle this, I'd suggest another site for tomorrow.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I am a man of my word.

(Although I don't remember saying this or what additional character we've got over what I was expecting. Forgive me, I have been lax on speculation since Ryu was released.)
Really creative I see.

That post was made back in late-June from what I remember. Ever since then, I always kept on reminding myself about the post you made so I could bring it up later lol.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I hope people realize that sells don't always equate to quality. The majority agree that the transformers movies were garbage, but look at how much money they pull in. Plus video game sells aren't everything when it comes to a franchise.

Can someone tell me if my post are showing up multiple times? If so, can a mod please delete them?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just bring Snake back as the last 3rd party and call it a day with 3rd parties.

Can't wait for the flaming to come to an end. Sheesh.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Really creative I see.

That post was made back in late-June from what I remember. Ever since then, I always kept on reminding myself about the post you made so I could bring it up later lol.
I have no worries being wrong by getting more characters than expected, despite my hit rate with DLC characters being very low (2/5 in Mewtwo and Ryu, and the former wouldn't have been had I got chance to try him beforehand) as every additional slot is another shot for K Rool.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Many of us have been on Sakurai's wild ride since Sakurai tweeted out back in early 2013 that a new Smash was going to be revealed at E3 so, in some ways, I think the tiredness is well spread. I've been pretty satisfied with the DLC if only because of the patches so things drawing to a close soon seems more than appropriate. Chances are I'll be back here for a theoretical Smash 5 announcement in 2020/2021 so I wouldn't mind for things to finally slow down for a few years.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just bring Snake back as the last 3rd party and call it a day with 3rd parties.

Can't wait for the flaming to come to an end. Sheesh.
Don't forget about Cresh mane. :estatic:

Welp, looks like another mod jumped in and issued out a few bans. Alright, so, I should go ahead and mention this but this thread is probably going to be a mess tomorrow. Regardless of what's revealed, there's a pretty high chance that the boards will crash and the boards will be swamped with hundreds, if not thousands, of visitors. That said, the mods will have their hands full so, using all your bodily restraint, try to not act like a pug nut tomorrow. Avoid single word/sentence posts, posts that are nothing but pics/gifs, fake leaks, real leaks (should they happen), and the usual durr hurring that clogs up the boards during big presentations. If you don't think you can handle this, I'd suggest another site for tomorrow.
Don't want to question your decision making but isn't that a little restrictive? I mean for the first hour post-Presentation, most people are going to just be ecstatic over what they saw and would naturally be more playful and be less serious.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Since I think we're getting two characters after Cloud, but there's room for five more, here's what I would predict in order if we were to get up to five:
1. Wolf
2. Inklings
3. King K. Rool
4. Isaac
5. Snake

This is what I think will happen, not what I want. What do you all think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Don't want to question your decision making but isn't that a little restrictive? I mean for the first hour post-Presentation, most people are going to just be ecstatic over what they saw and would naturally be more playful and be less serious.
It counts as spam. If anything, I'd say not locking for an hour is surprising, as locking it would be a better option imo

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'm fairly lenient as far as mods go but I do know that a lot of mods usually will drop the Hammer of God on announcement days. This is because rapid posting slows down the boards significantly and aids in it crashing so, fair warning, you could be banned if it's seen that someone's maniac posting habits are shutting down the boards for everyone else.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Crashboards that occurred during the Japanese character-deconfirming 3DS streams and western 3DS release was bad, so I think I can safely say that tomorrow is bound to be at least ten times worse, both salt and lag-wise(for the boards).

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
i don't know if anyone's discussed this before, but how would you guys feel about having a single ice climber as a character?
It deprives them of their main gimmick, both as fighters and the reason they were introduced in the first place. It's one of the few picks I'd be a bit disappointed with, in theory. Sorry! Smash devs should feel free to prove me wrong!
It counts as spam. If anything, I'd say not locking for an hour is surprising, as locking it would be a better option imo
I agree. Lock this thing up during the event. If people have chatrooms to flock to, go there instead.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Only left like 1 day and 1 hour.... This is exciting! Well... What could happen tomorrow? It's un likeable see new FE content, but still, I'm hoping for my and other people's desires.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Just to say.
Horstatio isn't a Rare character.
It's Goku situation. LISCENCE games of a brand by a video game company unrelated to the show/written source which it is based on.
Horstatio is absolutely a Rare character. Viva Piñata was entirely created by Rare and THEN it had a tv show and all that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crashboards
What this site will be called in a little over 24 hours. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, I got a theory. What if Wolf was deliberately being held back for the very end of DLC? What I mean by this is that Sakurai would want all the veteran DLC characters to serve a purpose. :4mewtwo:was the veteran brought back to kick off DLC to a huge start. :4lucas:&:4feroy:were the veterans brought back because both were popular Brawl/Melee veterans respectively. What if :wolf:was the veteran to return to end DLC on a high note? I mean Wolf is pretty popular in the Smash community and it would be a nice way to round everything out with his inclusion. You all probably recall my idea of Wolf being revealed in a Star Fox Zero focused Direct so I think that might be the best way to go with this. We get like 3-4 characters in this Presentation (Cloud included) and then have Wolf in April to finish DLC on a high note, bringing the total roster to 60 when DLC is all said and done.

Last edited:

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
Obviously Cloud is already confirmed, and I reckon that King K. Rool has got to get in due to popular demand (Bear in mind I'm saying this from the perspective of someone who is indifferent to the Donkey Kong franchise). Unfortunately, I think the third character we get will probably be Wolf :/. While I get that a lot of people want Wolf to come back, I'd be much happier if we instead got a new character like the Inklings, Isaac, or even Rayman at a push, and I'll be a bit disappointed if we get another clone character from a previous game.

However it has to be said, regardless of what characters are announced tomorrow, that Sakurai and co. should be commended on the fantastic job they did on this game and are continuing to do with the post release support for the game. Too many companies in the gaming industry nowadays are more interested in making money than making a good games, so it's good to see games made by proper developers like Sakurai who see their game as an art form and not as a money making product.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Since I think we're getting two characters after Cloud, but there's room for five more, here's what I would predict in order if we were to get up to five:
1. Wolf
2. Inklings
3. King K. Rool
4. Isaac
5. Snake

This is what I think will happen, not what I want. What do you all think?
Im totally kool with this.
This is dream worthy imo.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I do really think it would be amazing if Ice climbers, wolf, and Snake all made it back. But I doubt that will happen, especially with ice climbers.

There was always something that felt penultimate about Smash 4. the roster getting big enough that it's hard to complain, but there's still a few missing characters. The modes are plentiful, but the single player campaign is missing that punch. The stages are great, but they're split up between 2 games.

I kind of feel like I'd rather he surprise use with more than just 3 vets, and then save the "gang's all here" for smash 5.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I posted a leak a few pages back, but now that I think about it, why don't we all agree to not post leaks in order to keep the presentation unspoiled. Tomorrow will be an exciting day, and I hope that, in some way, the presentation has a little something for everyone to be happy about

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Guys, how can we all forget about the Cresh leak from all those months ago? Arguably the most convincing leak of them all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I was done with leaks ages ago, considering how Ryu's reveal was sorta underwhelming because of them...

Compare that to Cloud's...well you can see the difference....of course Cloud would've been a bigger reveal regardless...but overall Ryu would've still been a pretty big reveal had it not been for the data-mining...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if a leak comes up, at least put it in spoilers. But I'm fine with keeping them off too. I'd say why don't the Mods make a ruling on it?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Guys, how can we all forget about the Cresh leak from all those months ago? Arguably the most convincing leak of them all.
I'm straw grasping but what if Nintendo and Activision have some sort of deal brewing since they had the Skylander Amiibo crossover.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It seems unlikely a huge legit leak comes around in what is now less then 24 hours til' the direct. I think the team behind Smash found out that data mining is what leaked Roy and Ryu. And why they now find two "Mario" slots instead. I think for the most part it will remain a surprise til' it's time.

D

Deleted member

I'm straw grasping but what if Nintendo and Activision have some sort of deal brewing since they had the Skylander Amiibo crossover.
I think it's up to Sakurai whether or not Crash and/or Spyro are in. Not everything has to tie into Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He was talking about this thread.

And the Direct Thread (which is currently locked) was specifically created for the Direct celebrations (and disappointments). Just stay away from tear-drinking and you should be fine. Don't worry, we won't be party poopers.

:231:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It seems unlikely a huge legit leak comes around in what is now less then 24 hours til' the direct. I think the team behind Smash found out that data mining is what leaked Roy and Ryu. And why they now find two "Mario" slots instead. I think for the most part it will remain a surprise til' it's time.
Data-mining uncovered six Mario placeholders before Mewtwo was released...but what tipped us of was data found for Victory themes for Lucas, Roy and Ryu...as well as music for Dreamland...the Mario placeholders were always a thing and they don't really tell us much more than 'at least this many characters'...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Horstatio is absolutely a Rare character. Viva Piñata was entirely created by Rare and THEN it had a tv show and all that.
My bad.
The one time I end up being wrong on the licence deal matters.
I would've sworn the show happened first, and thus the game would be a product of the show and not vicce versa. If I knew the game was first I'd probably not claim it as liscenced.

Edit:
Data-mining uncovered six Mario placeholders before Mewtwo was released...but what tipped us of was data found for Victory themes for Lucas, Roy and Ryu...as well as music for Dreamland...the Mario placeholders were always a thing and they don't really tell us much more than 'at least this many characters'...
Actually, in August it was uncovered for another Mario.
Just off of those gives us :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::substitute::substitute:, as well as I believe 2 new stages.

I still HOPE for a total of 8. 4 Veterans (+Wolf), 4 newcomers (K. Rool, Inklings?)

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I think the reason we go back and forth so much here is that we are so adamant on fan rules that don't even apply to Sakurai. I think most people are :4cloud:ed by their own beliefs which stem from these fan rules that they can't accept the idea of a character having a chance.

Call it the YouTube Circlejerk Effect. You see it with "film critics" on the comments of movie reviews on YouTube. Poor logic damns a lot of people to endless cycles of arguments, where one or both of the combatants have no idea what they are talking about.

Tis a part of internet forums. See NeoGAF and GameFAQs for prime examples. Salt is thrown everywhere.

:023:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My bad.
The one time I end up being wrong on the licence deal matters.
I would've sworn the show happened first, and thus the game would be a product of the show and not vicce versa. If I knew the game was first I'd probably not claim it as liscenced.

Edit:

Actually, in August it was uncovered for another Mario.
Just off of those gives us :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::substitute::substitute:, as well as I believe 2 new stages.

I still HOPE for a total of 8. 4 Veterans (+Wolf), 4 newcomers (K. Rool, Inklings?)
I know, I was speaking about the Royu leak...it wasn't the Mario placeholders that was the leak it was the sound-files that tipped us off...during the discovery of the other placeholder in Aug any revealing data was encrypted not giving anything else away...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, if a leak comes up, at least put it in spoilers. But I'm fine with keeping them off too. I'd say why don't the Mods make a ruling on it?
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to put possible leaks in spoilers.

Though, if you want to stay spoiler free, I'd advise bookmarking the Nintendo Direct webpage and staying away from SmashBoards.

:231:

Last edited:

Weaknd

Smash Rookie
> i don't understand why people want King K rool so bad, he will be another slow tank and at the end of the day a minority will play him.

Even if tank character are kind of good in smash 4, i'm personally not interest in King K rool. i do understand that he might look badass + we need some vilain.

> i don't understand eigther why people are cheering for Shovel knight, i don't see how shovel K can have 17 originals attaks besides him using his shovel...

i'd like :
1. Sora (let me dream)
2. Vaati
3. Skull kid
4. Wolf
5. Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom