• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Really you think so?

I think its inevitable that we will get 1 of either
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Inkling

And i think the other 2 chars are gonna be Wolf and Cloud . . . . .

I dunno what to say.... im really dreading this more than any other smash direct....because its gonna be the last 1 and no more DLC after....only 1 more shot for the king....
There is no such thing when it comes to Smash.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Doesn't change the fact that Spyro can't match Crash in being an icon.
Isn't that purely your opinion? Spyro was the head-man of gaming using figurines, which Nintendo is all about these days. Plus DK and Bowser are in Skylanders now.

splat

Smash Lord

Spyro sold 20Mil and Crash sold 50Mil. IDK about Skylanders really.
Spyro over Crash all day, every day.

"Crash sold 10Mil and Syro sold 20Mil. IDK about the games after Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped".
It sounds a tad silly, doesn't it?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You mean he's part of that universe through Diddy Kong Racing?
So is Bomberman ;)

Banjo & Kazooie were Nintendo 64 only. It's the console I've missed, so I've missed all of their games. Bomberman, however, has been on NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and Wii.
Is Wario Blast actually canon? I loved that game as a kid (probably my most used Gameboy game). As aside from DKR, there's a picture of Banjo in Fungi Forest in Banjo Kazooie (DK64 level), so his place in the Mario world is concrete. Banjo has had 2 games on GBA, and one on XBox 360 if you didn't know already.

Spyro sold 20Mil and Crash sold 50Mil. IDK about Skylanders really.
Spyro and Crash were basically co-mascots for the PS, while Crash's invidual sales figures were higher, Skylanders puts Spyro WAY over Crash.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Isn't that purely your opinion? Spyro was the head-man of gaming using figurines, which Nintendo is all about these days. Plus DK and Bowser are in Skylanders now.
I'd argue he does if not solely for the fact that unlike Crash, he isn't dead yet

If you don't even know, don't argue about sales
I'm saying that because his core series didn't even sell half as much as Crash. Why a spinoff series would have to be included in this IDK.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Had the Smash Ballot been expanded, I would've voted Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X). Just so we can get an actual dual stance character.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Then lets put Waluigi in this game since the Mario Spinoffs sell like crazy.
#1 It would be more comparable to putting Mario in, as the spinoffs all centre around him.
#2 Yes, let's put Waluigi in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He's a high demand character who was acknowledged by Sakurai at least.
Mocked by Sakurai you mean (pic of the day). In no way am I hating on the character because I support him for Smash. Just pointing that out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but actually think Crash has a slightly better chance than Spyro. Crash's earlier games were among the first western titles to sell at least a million copies in Japan, whereas Spyro flopped in that region and his presence there was very limited. Even Skylanders, despite apparently influencing Nintendo's very own amiibo figures, took a while to reach Japanese shores and only had one game released there.

One could argue that a reverse Marth/Roy/Lucas situation is possible with Spyro, but more recently Sakurai DID decide against Takamaru due to his lack of exposure to the west prior to his game's 3DS VC port.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but actually think Crash has a slightly better chance than Spyro. Crash's earlier games were among the first western titles to sell at least a million copies in Japan, whereas Spyro flopped in that region and his presence there was very limited. Even Skylanders, despite apparently influencing Nintendo's very own amiibo figures, took a while to reach Japanese shores and only had one game released there.

One could argue that a reverse Marth/Roy/Lucas situation is possible with Spyro, but more recently Sakurai DID decide against Takamaru due to his lack of exposure to the west prior to his game's 3DS VC port.
Forgot to mention this as well. Crash was pretty big in Japan during his peak which is hard for western video game characters to do.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

If Crash had managed to maintain any semblance of relevancy over the past decade or so, I think he'd be one of the most likely 3rd Party characters.

D

Deleted member

Skylanders hasn't been released in Japan? With Japan's love of figurines, I'd figure they'd eat something like that up.
Most of the Skylanders games haven't. Only the first one got a Japanese release two years late.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Crash hasn't been relevant in, what, a decade now? Skylanders is huge, and is a Spyro spinoff.
Stop with the relevancy argument, it's weak. Weak as hell. You really like to make believe Skylanders helps Spyro don't you? You know the reason he was used for Skylanders right? Yeah, well now that it was successful, Spyro isn't needed and the series has nothing to do with Spyro

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Stop with the relevancy argument, it's weak. Weak as hell. You really like to make believe Skylanders helps Spyro don't you? You know the reason he was used for Skylanders right? Yeah, well now that it was successful, Spyro isn't needed and the series has nothing to do with Spyro
"Characters and series that have no plans for future releases, or a low possibility of future releases, inevitably will be considered lower priority"

Burruni

Smash Hero
Really you think so?

I think its inevitable that we will get 1 of either
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Inkling

And i think the other 2 chars are gonna be Wolf and Cloud . . . . .

I dunno what to say.... im really dreading this more than any other smash direct....because its gonna be the last 1 and no more DLC after....only 1 more shot for the king....
I have no feeling, hope, or belief that we will see an indie this time around.
If we were seeing 12 characters, not ~8, for DLC, quite possible.
This is time to hit big and hit hard. Indies just won't do that. As much as I'd like the half-genie heroine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Crash had managed to maintain any semblance of relevancy over the past decade or so, I think he'd be one of the most likely 3rd Party characters.
Definitely. Despite Crash's merits, I'd be very surprised if he and/or Spyro were added.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
"Characters and series that have no plans for future releases, or a low possibility of future releases, inevitably will be considered lower priority"

Lmao, you think you're smart, but you are acting entitled. If Skylanders has any influence on a newcomer, it's going to be a Skylander, not Spyro, but keep lying to yourself. That's how blind fans act anyway. I look forward to new FZero, Punch Out, Duck Hunt and even Kid Icarus games, since nothing points to that series getting any new games either

And like many others point out, No one cares or knows much about Spyro or Rayman in Japan, and trophies don't matter, so forget that

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that doesn't want Shovel Knight, Shantae or Inklings?

I'd much rather have Isaac, Banjo-Kazooie, King K.Rool...and tons more lol.

But seriously, Crash Bandicoot doesn't stand a chance.

I'd love to have some League of Legends characters in Smash, just sayin, that will never happen though. No Draven ;______________;
I agree with most everything you said. I don't really want Shovel Knight or Shantae and I don't think they're nearly as likely as some people would make it seem. I wouldn't be hyped by Inklings, but I do think they're the most probable at this point.

Isaac, Banjo, and K. Rool would be my favorite DLC characters if they made it.

Crash does have a chance, in my opinion. A slight one, but a chance nonetheless.

[Also, they would go with Garen or Darius or Ashe. I think those are the "faces" of the game.]

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Crash would be internet breaking.

His impact was meaningful when he was relevant, rival to Nintendo and Mario. From the Nintendo vs. Sony era.

He's the West's Sonic.

His abscence from the industry would just increase the hype. Totally unexpected and unlikely, still gets in. It would be hype.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Surprise prediction: Sakurai announces his next project.
This would be great. With Smash development significantly slowing down in the past year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was secretly planning or actually working on something on the side. It still kills me that he'll probably never work on another Kid Icarus game but I am excited to see what kind of project he decides to take on next.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Lmao, you think you're smart, but you are acting entitled. If Skylanders has any influence on a newcomer, it's going to be a Skylander, not Spyro, but keep lying to yourself. That's how blind fans act anyway. I look forward to new FZero, Punch Out, Duck Hunt and even Kid Icarus games, since nothing points to that series getting any new games either

And like many others point out, No one cares or knows much about Spyro or Rayman in Japan, and trophies don't matter, so forget that
How am I acting entitled? I've refuted all of your points, and I'm guessing you're out of ammo now so you're spouting false equivalences.

I actually like Crash and would be hyped as hell if he somehow made it in, the fact that he isn't relevant anymore is just that. A fact.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
How am I acting entitled? I've refuted all of your points, and I'm guessing you're out of ammo now so you're spouting false equivalences.

I actually like Crash and would be hyped as hell if he somehow made it in, the fact that he isn't relevant anymore is just that. A fact.
No, you haven't refuted any points. Crash is more iconic than Spyro, plain and simple. Relevancy is a non-issue, and using Skylanders as an example of Spyros relevancy and popularity is weak and pretentious. Everyone knows that nobody cares about Spyro in the game, it's about the Skylanders now. Spyro was included in case the game didn't catch on. You can keep telling yourself that it counts, but after the direct tomorrow, I'll be even more smug when Spyro is nowhere to be seen, and even more smug in Smash 5, 6, 7 etc

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, you haven't refuted any points. Crash is more iconic than Spyro, plain and simple. Relevancy is a non-issue, and using Skylanders as an example of Spyros relevancy and popularity is weak and pretentious. Everyone knows that nobody cares about Spyro in the game, it's about the Skylanders now. Spyro was included in case the game didn't catch on. You can keep telling yourself that it counts, but after the direct tomorrow, I'll be even more smug when Spyro is nowhere to be seen, and even more smug in Smash 5, 6, 7 etc
You DO realize Anvil doesn't believe Spyro's making it in, only arguing he's got as much chance, if not more, than Crash, right? Because you're missing absolutely everything he's saying. 'me gun be smug' So what? Why are you planning on being smug because someone said something that you misinterpretted?

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

There's that word again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You DO realize Anvil doesn't believe Spyro's making it in, only arguing he's got as much chance, if not more, than Crash, right? Because you're missing absolutely everything he's saying. 'me gun be smug' So what? Why are you planning on being smug because someone said something that you misinterpretted?
Also, the argument was whether or not Crash and Spyro where equal, you'd only be allowed to be smug if Crash gets in without Spyro, because otherwise, it's pointless

On a brighter note, because Sceptile's in Pokken, should he get in Smash, I hope his moveset would be inspired from his Pokken incarnation, anyone else agree?

EDIT: Sorry Fatman, only saw your post after I posted

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Didn't mean to start this whole Crash VS Spyro thing. Sorry guys. I just much rather prefer the former being in Smash.

Surprise prediction: Sakurai announces his next project.
Hopefully he takes a long break before doing that. He really deserves it y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom