• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
So what? Most people who hate the game do that because they like to jump on the bandwagon and hate for hating's sake.
They're wrong, sometimes it happens.
Yeah, no.

People are fully justified in hating Nuts and Bolts. It's a complete departure from what people loved about the first two games, fans didn't get what they asked for, of course they're going to be upset. Does that make it a bad game? No. Not a particularly stellar one, but certainly not bad. But calling people "wrong" for being rightfully disappointed is a bit asinine, don't you think?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't think opinions can be wrong, not to mention, like Metroid Federation Force, hate won't die down if the first game in 8 years is a spinoff with nothing the original has. It's one of the most hated games I can think of
When Nuts & Bolts, which is a marvel in its own genre and one of the best 360 exclusive, is hated only because it's not a platformer, yes, it's because someone's opinion is wrong. I've never ****ing read or heard a true actual complaint about some issue with the game other than "BWAAAAH IT'S NOT BANJO THREEIE". Grunty's Revenge on GBA is a much, much, much, much worse game and gets away with it because it's a collectathon.
But again, hate doesn't mean ****. 2 of the third party characters in Smash Bros. right now have had an incredible streak of horrible games in the last years, and you don't see them go away because of that.

Yeah, no.

People are fully justified in hating Nuts and Bolts. It's a complete departure from what people loved about the first two games, fans didn't get what they asked for, of course they're going to be upset. Does that make it a bad game? No. Not a particularly stellar one, but certainly not bad. But calling people "wrong" for being rightfully disappointed is a bit asinine, don't you think?
And here it is. Small minded to say the least.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I agree that it's probably fake. But to play devil's advocate, Paper Mario's model would not likely be artistically outstanding by any means. He's meant to look simplistic.
It's not like he hasn't shown up in a game for over a decade or anything, there is no reason to change his design that's been consistent for over 10 years.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I agree that it's probably fake. But to play devil's advocate, Paper Mario's model would not likely be artistically outstanding by any means. He's meant to look simplistic.
If i have to argue, it;s not that simple.

What the simplistic look does is it;s supposed to follow a certain style. What I am noticing is that a lot of graphical stuff don;t follow it, the most blatant one is the thickness of the outlines, they are way too thick near the moustache.

Btw, check his m on his hat,, it;s spm placed, normally, it's placed like my avi which is from TTYD. No arts or artwork ever had the spm placement.

Like I really know the character a lot and it looked off the first second.....

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
"Because my opinions are better then everyone else's, if people don't like what I like they're wrong and stupid to do so!"

Dude. Really? Someone here is being small... minded? (I believe narrow minded was what you were going for?), but it sure as hell isn't me.

I've never even played ANY of the Banjo and Kazooie games, I'm just speaking from observation. When you change up a game's genre and treat it like it's the next installment in a series, people WILL be disappointed, as the series they play and love no longer plays like the series they play and love, and may never play that way again. To expect and believe that people should react otherwise is ludicrously stupid.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
When Nuts & Bolts, which is a marvel in its own genre and one of the best 360 exclusive, is hated only because it's not a platformer, yes, it's because someone's opinion is wrong. I've never ****ing read or heard a true actual complaint about some issue with the game other than "BWAAAAH IT'S NOT BANJO THREEIE". Grunty's Revenge on GBA is a much, much, much, much worse game and gets away with it because it's a collectathon.
But again, hate doesn't mean ****. 2 of the third party characters in Smash Bros. right now have had an incredible streak of horrible games in the last years, and you don't see them go away because of that.

1) The worlds are incredibly empty despite their scale.
2) It actively mocks fans of the series it is part of.
3) The physics are incredibly awkward for whenever trying to fly.
4) I have memories of some horrendous misions. Defending Clanker's Eyes and plenty of races against Trophy Thomas, at least I think that was his name, where the game made it a hassle to find out what the actual route between checkpoints was for a number of worlds.
Edit: 5) I found it to be very friggin muddy looking for such a colorful game. And I am someone who actually really enjoyed the Viva Pinata titles Rare made in that era.

Now, besides other reasons to hate a game of an entirely different genre in a series that didn't have a regular enough release schedule to justify a spin-off of that nature.

"2 of the third party characters in Smash Bros. right now have had an incredible streak of horrible games in the last years, and you don't see them go away because of that."

Who are we speaking of?
:snake:? I've heard damn-near no hate over quality of the series.
:sonic:? Was close to happening in Melee, when he was coming off the successes of the Adventure Games. Brawl was the worst when we had 06 and Secret Rings most recently, but we ALSO had the praised titles of Rush and to a lesser extent Rivals very recently. Smash 4? Lost World just happened, but so did Generations and Colors which are 2 of the most beloved games of the series.
:4megaman:? Megaman 9 and 10 were welcomed with open arms. People were hyped as hell for Legends 3. And the Star Force games did fairly well. Same for ZX.
:4pacman:? Yeah, had Ghostly Adventures. But... actually I can't really remember many Pac-Man releases.
:4ryu:? Street Fighter 4 was one of the best selling games on all the systems it hit for a reason.
:4cloud:? Even their worst games have just as vocal fanbases as detractors.

And... something in common...

Long Lasting Series that Changed Gaming.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Look, I'll be the first to say Banjo's pretty unlikely....BUT, my opinion is pretty simple regarding him.

Of the remaining speculated third party characters he's.....probably the most likely when you look at it in a relative sense. His series is very beloved (latest entry sucked, it happens) and being beloved can sometimes be just enough (I mean, damn, Battletoads in video games again? Completely different case but it's just a fringe example)

Of the other third party characters I think he's the only one that'd "belong" and IMO he's the likeliest. THAT BEING SAID he's still pretty unlikely as a whole, although I still think the character very much deserves it because he very much refined the N64 collectathon genre and whatnot. The moveset kind of builds itself and to a lot of people who owned an N64 he was a hero. I remember going to the rental store and renting the games so much they just sold them to me cause I'd keep re-renting. Good times.

Just my opinion though, whatevs.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Look, I'll be the first to say Banjo's pretty unlikely....BUT, my opinion is pretty simple regarding him.

Of the remaining speculated third party characters he's.....probably the most likely when you look at it in a relative sense. His series is very beloved (latest entry sucked, it happens) and being beloved can sometimes be just enough (I mean, damn, Battletoads in video games again? Completely different case but it's just a fringe example)

Of the other third party characters I think he's the only one that'd "belong" and IMO he's the likeliest. THAT BEING SAID he's still pretty unlikely as a whole, although I still think the character very much deserves it because he very much refined the N64 collectathon genre and whatnot. The moveset kind of builds itself and to a lot of people who owned an N64 he was a hero. I remember going to the rental store and renting the games so much they just sold them to me cause I'd keep re-renting. Good times.

Just my opinion though, whatevs.
Last three of five entries sucked*

But, of the third parties? Arguably the most likely, certainty.

Next point to discuss.

Any stages you guys really wanna see happen?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
In before we get Darth Vader and then pandemonium erupts with new suggestions because now "Smash is a celebration of pop. culture and all the big Nintendo characters are in already." :troll:
Whereas I am sitting cursing you for ever implanting such a glorious dream in my head. A dream of a world where a bright green miniature Darth Vader with a flower on his head can throw his lightsaber at a metal princess whilst a massive dog frolics in the background and giant toy blocks periodically fall from the sky, and noone ever stops to question the fact that it is happening.

Also, Kirby in a Darth Vader mask. That is all.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Love it because Wolf, hate it because Paper Mario. Still, I've seen a Wolf render that looks awfully similar.

Not to mention a leak from quite a while ago (Before Mewtwo's release) that someone just took Wolf's model in Brawl Box (Or something like that) posed it, and painted it a bit to look more aligned to Smash 4's art-style. Here's the "leaked screenshot" I'm referring to.

I don't mean to come off as snide when debunking leaks, but I'm just not a fan of leaks in the first place. Legit or fabricated.
Leaks just get you hyped only to disappoint you. Now I'm going to be disappointed on Tuesday because of this leak.:( I hate legit looking leaks.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
I'm sorry, but the last few thread pages have given me a headache.
Endlessly walking around in circles about relevancy, with such vitriol.
Jeez. This ain't no Wikipedia Discussion page, people!

Change of course.
I'm only expecting Cloud, Wolf and closing the loop on offline tournaments.
Maybe I should go in 100% pure and not even expect Wolf.

Oh also, GameFAQs best game voting is hilarious. I can't wait for Undertale to win so everyone can stop giving power to online polls via sites like GameFAQs.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but the last few thread pages have given me a headache.
Endlessly walking around in circles about relevancy, with such vitriol.
Jeez. This ain't no Wikipedia Discussion page, people!

Change of course.
I'm only expecting Cloud, Wolf and closing the loop on offline tournaments.
Maybe I should go in 100% pure and not even expect Wolf.

Oh also, GameFAQs best game voting is hilarious. I can't wait for Undertale to win so everyone can stop giving power to online polls via sites like GameFAQs.
.....I'd expect at least another character.
We... uhm... know of a 7th slot.
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::wolf::substitute:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd like to see Blossom City, from the Wonderful 101. Ideally, it would be like Skyloft or Isle Delfino, so a platform would fly around the city showing off how crazy the game can get.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
.....I'd expect at least another character.
We... uhm... know of a 7th slot.
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::wolf::substitute:
No, you see, this is the trick:
I know what characters I want. I know what characters I'd think make very interesting Smash fighters.

But this thread has sucked much joy out of trying to triangulate which characters have a good chance of appearing.
So I've given up! I'm going to let the Smash Direct wash over me, like a warm big tidal wave.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Last three of five entries sucked*

But, of the third parties? Arguably the most likely, certainty.

Next point to discuss.

Any stages you guys really wanna see happen?
Phendrana Drifts stands as my most wanted stage...Metroid Prime's best chance at receiving more content, plus there's no Ice stage currently so it'd be unique to the current selection...Plus an excuse to add more Metroid music to Smash...

Clock Town from Majora's Mask would be epic with different events happening over time then the moon crashing down with time resetting back to day one...could even include different characters from the game such as the Deku Butler, the Indigo-Go's, and Darmani's ghost...

Tetris themed stage would be awesome...Tetris deserves more than just a music cameo if we're gonna have Pac-Man, Mario and even Pong represented in smash...

Mario Strikers Stage with the whole stadium atmosphere...

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'm still completely shocked that we didn't get a Nintendo Land stage in the base game. The top of Nintendo Land Tower where you play the coin minigame would have been perfect.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm still salty that that Dr. Mario stage wasn't really. And I need a Bowser's Castle stage in my life. I always wanted a stage based off of Neo Bowser City from Mario Kart.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That Ravio video looks straight out of Autodesk Maya and a video editor, with bad animations to boot. Fake.
I only had to have one look at the model in the thumbnail to laugh it off..after actually seeing the animations..especially that lifeless Princess Hilda in the Final Smash..its even more laughably bad as a 'leak'

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
oh maaan... that's so disappointing. I want a Zelda rep so baaaad.
We all want good things we can't have

or worse

the things we wan't are made into poorly done and out-of-character stage hazards

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping that we get more than only two characters announced considering this is most likely the final DLC we're going to get for the game. I want this game to go out with a bang!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
While I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of Nintendo's series (not counting Super Smash Bros. as my favorite and closely followed by Fire Emblem), I don't know what character would make a good representative next. I mean, I guess we could use Impa, but I think she'd be a Sheik clone unless they went off of the Hyrule Warriors version..and although my pick would be Vaati, I don't know how good his chances really are..I don't want Tingle..and I think Toon Ganondorf would work better as an alternate costume for Ganondorf rather then as his own character since they have the same height & age (I also don't see them doing another version of an existing character as a non-clone).

Maybe Linkle will be next representative if she does end up appearing in more Zelda games like Aonuma says she might.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
While I love the Legend of Zelda series the most out of Nintendo's series (not counting Super Smash Bros. as my favorite and closely followed by Fire Emblem), I don't know what character would make a good representative next. I mean, I guess we could use Impa, but I think she'd be a Sheik clone unless they went off of the Hyrule Warriors version..and although my pick would be Vaati, I don't know how good his chances really are..I don't want Tingle..and I think Toon Ganondorf would work better as an alternate costume for Ganondorf rather then as his own character since they have the same height & age (I also don't see them doing another version of an existing character as a non-clone).

Maybe Linkle will be next representative if she does end up appearing in more Zelda games like Aonuma says she might.
THERE IS SOMEONE
WHO HAS BEEN THE FINAL BOSS
FOR AT LEAST 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF GAMES AS GANONDORF
AND WAS THE TOP 5 REQUESTED FOR MELEE
AND NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME.
:4link::4tlink::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::221:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom