• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't understand why your replies are so so needlessly rude. But whatevs.
Not all of them, when people are cordial and rational, we get along very well.

I just don't respond well to stupidity.

Besides, pretty sure by now that she has me on ignore since that one time I accidentally spoiled a bit of XCX for her, so whatevs. *shrugs*

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Says Duck Hunt Duo, meaning PAL version
Music list says 'Rarely/Often', meaning NA version. Besides, aren't leaks not allowed to be discussed here?
I don't understand why your replies are so so needlessly rude. But whatevs.
Also this. I'm guilty of being rude in my replies a lot, but hostility needs to get taken a bit harder imo, it's becoming too common these days

Burruni

Smash Hero
Says Duck Hunt Duo, meaning PAL version
Music list says 'Rarely/Often', meaning NA version. Besides, aren't leaks not allowed to be discussed here?

Also this. I'm guilty of being rude in my replies a lot, but hostility needs to get taken a bit harder imo, it's becoming too common these days
Leaks are okay if they aren't "obviously fake" and incite discussion. A bit of a grey situation, but something this big is fine.

predator_21476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
predator_21476
The music section has the final boss music from bowsers inside story as in the final while in smash wii u its called the grand finale. Unless that's different in the European version

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah well, I'd say Banjo-Kazooie are as special as third parties can get. Their cult following is one of the strongest out there and there are multiple sources that prove they're some of the most requested characters for Smash Bros.
So yeah, they're ****ing special trust me.
lolno
Banjo Kazooie aren't the face of their genre nor are they still successful to this date like literally every other third party in Smash.
'Strong cult following' Undertale was beating Melee in that GameFAQS poll iirc, strong cult following. Papyrus5smees
'most requested' Highly doubt it, people only really started asking after Phil spencer said it was alright, and even then, it's not as common as other characters I see
Leaks are okay if they aren't "obviously fake" and incite discussion. A bit of a grey situation, but something this big is fine.
I already disproved it though :p

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So I am not going to be here on tomorrow or on half of on Tuesday at least til the direct. So I'm going to let you know some of my last few predictions: I do think we are still getting Wolf back, as far first party newcomers go Inkling and King K. Rool still seem like good bets. Third party characters I am actually not expecting anymore after Cloud. If we do I like for it to be Snake to return and as far as another third party newcomer besides Cloud I personally would like to see Rayman but as I said I am not expecting anymore after Cloud to be quite honest. The characters of first party I would like to see personally are:

New Franchise (that never been introduced fully in Smash before):

Inkling (Splatoon)
Isaac (Golden Sun) (I in all honesty don't care for the whole sword argument; it wasn't even a good one to used from the start)

From Existing Franchises
Donkey Kong
(King K. Rool/Dixie Kong) (I am probably one of the few that'd be fine with either)
Legend of Zelda (Impa/Lana)
Kirby (Bandana Dee)

Third Party
Snake (Konami)
Rayman (Ubisoft)
Banjo-Kazooie (Rare)

I also think we could be getting stages and maybe some music from the newcomers and some older stages from the past games. I would like to see Fountain of Dreams and Saffron City are some ones I'd like to see come back.

Mii FIghter costumes:
Square-Enix Final Fantasy related Mii costumes:
Tifa (Brawler)
Aerith (Sword)
Lightning (Sword)
Sephiroth (Sword)
Sora (Sword) (not expecting this one)
Chrono Trigger (Sword) (not expecting this one)
Geno (Gunner) (also not expecting this one)
I do not know what costumes we could be getting from the other third parties; but, I am pretty sure that they'll have something.

I also have this to say people please have your expectations in check also be respectful of those who want certain characters even if they got something going against them. There is no need to be aggressive here. This is the last ride we may have to go through with this and its been a long one but I did have fun speculating here even if it did get harsh at times. I hope for the best for all of you and hope that your most wanted characters do end up getting confirmed on Tuesday.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like mods should be a bit more strict with hostility in this thread, it's gotten out of hand imo

You know what I'd think would be ****ing hilarious? If all this time, the Shovel Knight rumour was true and we get a confirmation on Tuesday
What Shovel Knight rumor exactly?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Inb4 Paper Mario gets in but he has a lame move set based on using stickers.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
The amiibo thing with Tamaki that dragged on and on for months.
I was absent from the thread for a few months. Took me a while to find this new one lol. But that probably (or hopefully for me) won't be true.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
There was a possible leak on 4chan. Here is the selection screen:

There were other images leaked as well, such as two more stages, Wolf in battle, and Adventure Mode and song lists for the new stages. They look pretty legit, but I leave it you you to check the rest out
Love it because Wolf, hate it because Paper Mario. Still, I've seen a Wolf render that looks awfully similar.

Not to mention a leak from quite a while ago (Before Mewtwo's release) that someone just took Wolf's model in Brawl Box (Or something like that) posed it, and painted it a bit to look more aligned to Smash 4's art-style. Here's the "leaked screenshot" I'm referring to.

I don't mean to come off as snide when debunking leaks, but I'm just not a fan of leaks in the first place. Legit or fabricated.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The amiibo had nothing to do with the actual Shovel Knight leak. People have tried to it it to that, but Tamaki's source led him to believe Shovel Knight is coming, independent of the amiibo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just a thign for the leak, paper mario is clearly fake.

I already detailed soem graphical issues like the hamemr tracing and the thickness of the black outlines, but I jsut got a logical issue.

This is what happens if Paper Mario hammers, look at his feet:

However, the feet in the leak are not visible while they should.

That probably means they are pointing down, not up and think about it logically, to do this he would have to not move his feet during the hammering......

I can;t thunk why it;s real.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
User was warned for this post
lolno
Banjo Kazooie aren't the face of their genre nor are they still successful to this date like literally every other third party in Smash.
'Strong cult following' Undertale was beating Melee in that GameFAQS poll iirc, strong cult following. Papyrus5smees
'most requested' Highly doubt it, people only really started asking after Phil spencer said it was alright, and even then, it's not as common as other characters I see
"lolno"
People starting asking about them after Spencer said they were possible? Do you live under a rock? Spencer said they were possible EXACTLY because people are asking for them.
They were ****ing considered for the first Smash Bros. by Sakurai himself.
They are NEVER out of the top 10 for the most requested characters and those include veterans like Wolf and Snake which are requested only because they were already in another installment.
What's the comparison with Undertale lol? That's a Gamefaq poll who gives a ****, we're talking official polls here.
Get the **** out of there with that "they're not special" bull****.

mymerlincat

Smash Cadet
The discussion on here is cancer. Lots of "my character is better than yours because I like it more, and you're an idiot for not agreeing with me."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"lolno"
People starting asking about them after Spencer said they were possible? Do you live under a rock? Spencer said they were possible EXACTLY because people are asking for them.
They are NEVER out of the top 10 for the most requested characters and those include veterans like Wolf and Snake which are requested only because they were already in another installment.
What's the comparison with Undertale lol? That's a Gamefaq poll who gives a ****, we're talking official polls here.
Banjo requests almost exclusively happened in that period
Undertale is doing that well because of the cult following from Tumblr spamming it
They AREN'T special when people forget their third game and outright loath the fourth and final game

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
paper freaking mario? -.- Not saying he's a bad choice but not exactly one of the best either.

Sorry guys but I'd rather have this to be fake. As good as Wolf & XCX stage is... everything is incredibly meh to me.

I am still not happy with DLC right now, so I'm hopeful for greater content.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Undertale is doing that well because of the cult following from Tumblr spamming it
They AREN'T special when people forget their third game and outright loath the fourth and final game
Yeah, whatever. And Nuts & Bolts was absolutely fantastic, by the way.

Burruni

Smash Hero
"lolno"
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Considered for Melee. When they were 1st Party and at their peak. When Rare left that threw a wrench on that idea. And even then, ONLY considered. Not planned to any extent. I'm not expecting Excite Biker.

"They're never out of the top 10..." for the west, top 15 for the east at best. Which means there's still a list of more requested 1st Party candidates if we're going for popularity as their main point.

The comparison to undertale is how in limited sources of polls by fans, such as the gamefaqs one, the cult followings are at their strongest in their impact.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Banjo has been requested since Melee, where have you been?

EDIT: DAMNIT BURRUNI! :4greninja:

Last edited:

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
lolno

I already disproved it though :p
Someone claimed the Australian version of the game features what you disproved though (just to meaninglessly keep it alive)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, whatever. And Nuts & Bolts was absolutely fantastic, by the way.
N&B is hated. It's like Sticker Star and Federation Force, funny enough, all 3 8 years after the previous, popular games
Someone claimed the Australian version of the game features what you disproved though (just to meaninglessly keep it alive)
The Australian version IS the PAL version though

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
lol you guys, it's pretty obviously fake.

The Paper Mario is not to-scale as to what he has always looked since Thousand-Year Door (he even isn't in the right pose), the Wolf model is obviously from Brawl, and both of those renders are not nearly the same quality as the rest of the cast.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
N&B is hated. It's like Sticker Star and Federation Force, funny enough, all 3 8 years after the previous, popular games
So what? Most people who hate the game do that because they like to jump on the bandwagon and hate for hating's sake.
They're wrong, sometimes it happens.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Banjo has been requested since Melee, where have you been?

EDIT: DAMNIT BURRUNI! :4greninja:
I WILL NEVER STOP.
But Ryugie meant that, for Smash 4, they have had very flash-in-the-pan popularity spikes at the tweet and now springing up again due to Cloud "making anything possible." Most comparable to Shovel Knight's peaking at the start of the ballot and then around when the amiibo came out. How much did you hear them being truly requested for Main Disc? Once again, off the idea that their popularity overcomes their other issues.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So what? Most people who hate the game do that because they like to jump on the bandwagon and hate for hating's sake.
They're wrong, sometimes it happens.
I don't think opinions can be wrong, not to mention, like Metroid Federation Force, hate won't die down if the first game in 8 years is a spinoff with nothing the original has. It's one of the most hated games I can think of

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I WILL NEVER STOP.
But Ryugie meant that, for Smash 4, they have had very flash-in-the-pan popularity spikes at the tweet and now springing up again due to Cloud "making anything possible." Most comparable to Shovel Knight's peaking at the start of the ballot and then around when the amiibo came out. How much did you hear them being truly requested for Main Disc? Once again, off the idea that their popularity overcomes their other issues.
I actually remember them coming up quite alot, it's just that they were such a pipe dream at the time that people were only bringing them up as a "In their wildest dreams" kind of thing. The requests exploded when people realized that it might not be quite as far fetched as once believed

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
When the heck did fake leaks become a thing?

Not only is it suppose to be a leak, but it's fake. Smh

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
lol you guys, it's pretty obviously fake.

The Paper Mario is not to-scale as to what he has always looked since Thousand-Year Door (he even isn't in the right pose), the Wolf model is obviously from Brawl, and both of those renders are not nearly the same quality as the rest of the cast.
I agree that it's probably fake. But to play devil's advocate, Paper Mario's model would not likely be artistically outstanding by any means. He's meant to look simplistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom