• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Ok I know I'm gonna get flak for this but frankly I don't care, why in the 7 hells do so many people want and expect wolf back? It really baffles me how so many people feel like waiting 5 months for a 2 newcomers and a ****ing veteran is a fair deal.
Lmao yeah I get what your saying and I'm pretty sure Sakurai ended his veteran additions in June with Lucas, and Roy as well as Mewtwo from April. My guess is he's gonna finish off big with 3rd Party Icons like Ryu and Cloud, and hopefully Rayman and Some other character who won the ballot (if that's a thing)
Snakes hard to see come back due to Konami's ridiculousness and Shovel Knight is being straight out deconfirmed by there developers (which they could be saying to get the audience off there back)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Eh... I dont see Ryu using Electric attacks, or stretching his arms across the stage. He fights as he would in his games...
this doesnt mean he doesnt rep the Street Fighter series in its entirety.

Why is Cloud any different?
Ryu brought the controlling scheme, hitstun formula and sound effects of his series to Smash.

Cloud, if Limit Break was a FF7-exclusive game, would only bring said game to Smash instead of embodying the rich history of Final Fantasy.

Why am I not getting alerts from here (again)?

Anyways, not expecting anymore third-parties for DLC. Snake is the only one I could see happening, and even that is debatable due to Konami. Cloud's reveal proved that iconiness is a bigger factor than character's/company's assosiation with Nintendo, which hurts the chances of several third-parties (including indies, Jibanyan, Bayonetta and several others) imo. Little unsure about Bomberman and Rayman, although I can't see the former getting in over Snake, and Rayman probably isn't iconic enough.

Also, saw someone post a pic of final DLC wishlist. Decided to post one as well:

These five are the only ones I want that I still can see happening (though I'm doubtful about the last one). I've lost hope for everyone else (most recently Black Mage).

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Cloud, if Limit Break was a FF7-exclusive game, would only bring said game to Smash instead of embodying the rich history of Final Fantasy.
Which makes sense since that's the game he came from and his trailer is all about FFVII itself. "The rich history of Final Fantasy", eh? That's a tough one. I'd go for Warrior of Light.

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
Well then explain X zeros move set
'Kay. I'm not exactly an expert as this, but we'll see how it goes.

Neutral B (Z-Buster): Zero shoots with his Z-Buster. Can be charged.
Forward B (Raikousen): An electric forward dashing thrust... thing. Actually, if anyone has played the Brawl 4 All mod pack for SSBB, this is Zero's Forward B in that and it is one of my favourites from that moveset.
I don't have one specific idea for this one. but a few options are:
E-Blade

Hyouryuushou/Shouryuuken
I'd prefer the Shouryuuken here, for more variety I guess.
Another one I don't have one specific idea for. A few options are:
Zero could maybe use one of his other weapons here, like the D-Glaive,

T-Breaker

Or K-Knuckle

You could put a counter here, like what Zero has in Brawl 4 All, but...eh...
Raijingeki:
This attack is just asking to be a Side Smash.
Ryuenjin:
I feel like this is a pretty obvious one. It's even one of Zero's moves in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Rakuhouha:
Of course, this would have to be dumbed down a bit, as in Mega Man X4 it pretty much goes across the entire screen. The projectiles would have a MUCH shorter range. Zero has a similar attack in Brawl 4 All. Another possibility is Bakuenjin from X7:

Ensuizan from X6 could work too:
The most obvious thing ever:
Zero's classic 3 slash Z-Saber combo.
Hadangeki/Z-Saber projectile/Whatevertheheckitscalled:
Not 100% sure about this one. The E-Blade could maybe go here. Or maybe Shoenzan?
Standard midair slash:
Or Kuuenzan
F-Splasher
or maybe Hieijin or something...
In X8, when Zero has the K-Knuckle weapon equipped, his jumping attack becomes a kick. I would love to see this as his Back Air. There is something amusing about Zero kicking someone.
Hyouretsuzan
Or Quake Blazer, which is just a fire version.
Another potential spot for the E-Blade. Could also be a simple rising slash or upwards stab.
Shippuuga
This literally IS a dash attack.
Genmu Zero

Rekkoha

Or Double Attack (Zero calls X or Axl to help out)
Well that's just some of the attacks Zero could use in a Smash moveset. Like I said I'm no expert at this so, I'm sure some moves could be better. Let me know what you guys think! :3
Go here to see all the attacks Zero has used throughout the X series, so you can get a better idea: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Zero's_weaponry#Techniques
And sorry for the huge post... I've actually wanted to post my ideas for Zero's moveset for ages, so I'm glad I finally did it. Not that anyone actually cares... I hope someone cares. This took hours to type up...

Never ask me for anything again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I could still see Bayonetta or Shantae happening but I think it does hurt thier chances but we will see. We have no idea how anyone ranks in the true ballot either.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well in his defense you guys gotta start thinking outside the box, with 2 characters left it's safe to say Sakurai will not be adding anymore veterans and I'm still on the fence about him adding anymore characters from Nintendo at all... I mean if he worked on any character that was first party or even veteran don't you think he would have revealed whoever that was in the direct and have saved a third party hype character for his December broadcast? Something in my gut just tells me that the last two characters will be iconic third party characters and both Rayman and Shovel Knight represent something, Rayman is Ubisofts representation in smash (I mean he has a trophy) and Shovel Knight represents Indies and the spark of a new third party character who I guess has potential for more installments (though I can also see Snake coming back, Bomberman, Bayonetta, Or even Shantae)
Shovel Knight isn't iconic at all and the difference between him and Cloud is that Cloud is more profitable towards Nintendo in comparison to any wanted Nintendo character whereas the opposite is essentially true for Shovel Knight.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think we'll get at the very least three more characters, but that's just me.
My predictions:
Cloud Strife
King K. Rool
Bandana Waddle Dee
Shantae

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I know I'm in the minority but...

As much as I like Wolf(and I do; he was my Starfox character of choice in Brawl)...I'd be incredibly underwhelmed by his return at this point.

Had he been announced way back during the Lucas-Roy reveal period, he'd potentially have been a bigger deal...but now we have excellent third parties like Ryu and Cloud as our newcomers, and all I want to see is a nice Nintendo newcomer finally regardless of who it is.
I feel like Wolf would be one of the least exciting outcomes to arrive at this point besting only Young Link and (maybe) Pichu. I also feel he's the most predictable and most likely outcome we'll end up with. Yes; I'm cynical.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I know I'm in the minority but...

As much as I like Wolf(and I do; he was my Starfox character of choice in Brawl)...I'd be incredibly underwhelmed by his return at this point.

Had he been announced way back during the Lucas-Roy reveal period, he'd potentially have been a bigger deal...but now we have excellent third parties like Ryu and Cloud as our newcomers, and all I want to see is a nice Nintendo newcomer finally regardless of who it is.
I feel like Wolf would be one of the least exciting outcomes to arrive at this point besting only Young Link and (maybe) Pichu. I also feel he's the most predictable and most likely outcome we'll end up with. Yes; I'm cynical.
I completely agree, he'd be too expected at this point.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I expect Wolf to happen eventually.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ok I know I'm gonna get flak for this but frankly I don't care, why in the 7 hells do so many people want and expect wolf back? It really baffles me how so many people feel like waiting 5 months for a 2 newcomers and a ****ing veteran is a fair deal.
Listen.
I'm not a fan of Star Fox.
I haven't enjoyed playing a Spacie in any of the four games.
But :4lucas: and :wolf: were/are so closely tied together with people's speculation and circumstances around Smash 4 that it seems wrong to a fair amount of the community for him not to return and are baffled that he hasn't done so.

Both being Quasi-Clones from Brawl who actually were meant to be in Melee from franchises with a disproportionate amount of its fanbase in one region who were cut from Smash 4, presumably due to time constraints, whose special move deviations were distributed amongst the other fighters of their series and there was heavy outcry worldwide for both to return. (Edit: The only pair of cut fighters to have a level of "associated-ness" in terms of chances and whatnot are :002::007: BECAUSE THEY WERE THE SAME THREE-PART FIGHTER. After that, you could argue :4mewtwo::4feroy: but even then Mewtwo was in a league above Roy for being more requested and with a unique moveset)

Here's our differences.
Lucas/Mother more beloved in Japan. Wolf/Star Fox held up by the North American fanbase.
Lucas was more well received initially for Brawl.
Wolf was one of the last additions to Brawl while Lucas was early.
Wolf wasn't in Melee because Sakurai wanted him first but thought he'd be too visually similar to Fox if he was as much of a clone as Melee Falco, Lucas because his game got into development hell and thus couldn't REPLACE Ness.
Wolf's owned by Shiggy, Sakurai's profressional and personal friend while Lucas's rights are held by Itoi.
Wolf's series is continuing with him very much part of it. Mother has had a natural death.
Lucas has been put in Smash 4 already.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Because Wolf getting cut was sad as we lost a great character. This is an great opportunity to get great veterans back, so I hope he returns. Same reason why I support the Ice Climbers and Snake.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You're right, it is a great opportunity to get veterans back. But it's an even greater chance to get more BRAND NEW CHARACTERS!
Wolf would take a fraction of the development cost and money and likely wouldn't get that much in the way of a newcomer being made if the dlc team was "contracted" to make them. (Edit: Considering a large amount of his Brawl data could be transfered in, his special moves and a pallette swap of his final smash are in Smash 4 already).
This is starting to turn into "muh slots" arguments again when it's clear that they can just add more if they need, because they did exactly that just last month.

Last edited:
Wolf would take a fraction of the development cost and money and likely wouldn't get that much in the way of a newcomer being made if the dlc team was "contracted" to make them. (Edit: Considering a large amount of his Brawl data could be transfered in, his special moves and a pallette swap of his final smash are in Smash 4 already).
This is starting to turn into "muh slots" arguments again when it's clear that they can just add more if they need,
Not talking about slots. I'm talking about TIME. Waiting all these months just for a veteran is a depressing thought especially considering wolf is already so different from fox and falco that he would have NO changes to get excited about like roy.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
He has three projectiles (four if you count using PK Thunder to hit himself as separate) and two of his smashes are explosions. Other gunners have explosions as close-ranged attacks.
I see, thank you for clarifying it for me.

The same reason people want any character, because they like said character and enjoy playing him/her. "Fair deal" is highly subjective, I think that would be a wonderful way to end this year's DLC.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder how Likely Banjo and Kazooie is now...

I mean i hear murmurs of Minecraft coming to Wii U. If we can get Minecraft on a Nintendo platform, i don't see how we can't get Banjo as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bro. Not only do we have a smaller dev team, but we have a team who is planning and doing it all in the same time. Smash 4 had quite some time before development actually began for planning.

There's no way that we can expect them to have an obtuse amount of DLC done. They would have to work intense and extreme hours, and that's unhealthy and unethical.
We have no idea how big the dev team actually is, we were just told 'smaller.' Given Sakurai's propensity for litote as a manner to quell expectation before he shatters our reality, the precedent has been set that him saying 'less' does not guarantee that as a result.

I don't say I expect 1/3 of the content the original game had, I merely say that the minor amount of content we have gotten in a year (particularly since the costumes account for majority of it and must be very quick to make), is deafeningly small compared to what was accomplished before.

As far as 'unhealthy and unethical,' neither of those words apply; however, assuming Sakurai would commit to an additional 14 months at all, and his lack of excitement toward creating sequels (and this is not even a sequel), I think it only makes sense to assume that if he signed on for more time, he did so with big plans in mind. I would NOT call 7 characters, a couple stages, some costumes, and tournament mode, to be shattering- and in fact, though this is debatable (a debate I would love to start and has no answer immediately), I cannot see Sakurai having signed on this much more of his life as a commitment, for such a small amount of content.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I wonder how Likely Banjo and Kazooie is now...

I mean i hear murmurs of Minecraft coming to Wii U. If we can get Minecraft on a Nintendo platform, i don't see how we can't get Banjo as well.
Devil's Advocate: Nintendo doesn't take the financial leap and extra time spent for the contracting considering that our DLC already includes two of the biggest icons of gaming history for a popular character of the N64 and has largely fallen off the face of the earth since, unlike :4cloud: and :4ryu: who remained icons/faces/the-mot-recognizable-characters of long-running series that defined their genres. They may realize that there maybe will be an outcry if all of the DLC newcomers are third-party. Especially since they appear to have very little Japanese support at this point, if we're going off them getting in due to massive ballot power.

Edit: Before arguing Cloud falling off like the Bear and Bird after FF7, his appearances in Final Fantasy Tactics, Kingdom Hearts, the other media for FF7, and various callbacks to him across the later installments to his series kept him at least some part relevant, with his star power never dropping as hard and ESPECIALLY with the hype just 5 months ago about the HD Remaster.

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I'm slowly losing hope for :wolf: at this point. I seriously thought it was him when I first saw the space view of :4cloud:'s reveal trailer. Similar when everybody thought :4mewtwo:was revealed on April 2014 but it was instead :4greninja:.
Also, the wording on the Smash Bros E3 2015 direct makes it seems like :4feroy:and :4lucas: are the last veterans to return. I'm still going for Wolf but I'm starting to have doubts.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't believe it for a moment.
I know, I know, it sounds outrageous, but it's that strange feeling that I have, first Sakurai visits Wayforward, then Shantae's voice actress provides her voice for Xenoblade X, and now we have this whole rainbow thing, it just feels like destiny. But that's just me.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I know, I know, it sounds outrageous, but it's that strange feeling that I have, first Sakurai visits Wayforward, then Shantae's voice actress provides her voice for Xenoblade X, and now we have this whole rainbow thing, it just feels like destiny. But that's just me.
I could see her as DLC Mii costume. That is all.

s1universe

Smash Rookie
NNID
s1universe
'Kay. I'm not exactly an expert as this, but we'll see how it goes.

Neutral B (Z-Buster): Zero shoots with his Z-Buster. Can be charged.
Forward B (Raikousen): An electric forward dashing thrust... thing. Actually, if anyone has played the Brawl 4 All mod pack for SSBB, this is Zero's Forward B in that and it is one of my favourites from that moveset.
I don't have one specific idea for this one. but a few options are:
E-Blade

Hyouryuushou/Shouryuuken
I'd prefer the Shouryuuken here, for more variety I guess.
Another one I don't have one specific idea for. A few options are:
Zero could maybe use one of his other weapons here, like the D-Glaive,

T-Breaker

Or K-Knuckle

You could put a counter here, like what Zero has in Brawl 4 All, but...eh...
Raijingeki:
This attack is just asking to be a Side Smash.
Ryuenjin:
I feel like this is a pretty obvious one. It's even one of Zero's moves in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Rakuhouha:
Of course, this would have to be dumbed down a bit, as in Mega Man X4 it pretty much goes across the entire screen. The projectiles would have a MUCH shorter range. Zero has a similar attack in Brawl 4 All. Another possibility is Bakuenjin from X7:

Ensuizan from X6 could work too:
The most obvious thing ever:
Zero's classic 3 slash Z-Saber combo.
Hadangeki/Z-Saber projectile/Whatevertheheckitscalled:
Not 100% sure about this one. The E-Blade could maybe go here. Or maybe Shoenzan?
Standard midair slash:
Or Kuuenzan
F-Splasher
or maybe Hieijin or something...
In X8, when Zero has the K-Knuckle weapon equipped, his jumping attack becomes a kick. I would love to see this as his Back Air. There is something amusing about Zero kicking someone.
Hyouretsuzan
Or Quake Blazer, which is just a fire version.
Another potential spot for the E-Blade. Could also be a simple rising slash or upwards stab.
Shippuuga
This literally IS a dash attack.
Genmu Zero

Rekkoha

Or Double Attack (Zero calls X or Axl to help out)
Well that's just some of the attacks Zero could use in a Smash moveset. Like I said I'm no expert at this so, I'm sure some moves could be better. Let me know what you guys think! :3
Go here to see all the attacks Zero has used throughout the X series, so you can get a better idea: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Zero's_weaponry#Techniques
And sorry for the huge post... I've actually wanted to post my ideas for Zero's moveset for ages, so I'm glad I finally did it. Not that anyone actually cares... I hope someone cares. This took hours to type up...

Never ask me for anything again.
It's a good move set. Maybe in smash 4, there could be a costume change and it gives a new move set( the for zero I made earlier). I'm just a guy who loves mega man, no matter which rendition it is. Just please keep your disowning of megaman zero to yourself. You realize how big a flame war someone could make defending this game right? Nice job

D

Deleted member

Shantae's things are just coincidence. Don't think she's getting in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ryu brought the controlling scheme, hitstun formula and sound effects of his series to Smash.

You are speculating a lot on that which we don't know.

Again, Ryu fights like Ryu fights. To say Limit Break is all Cloud brings to the table is very foolhardy. Cloud does what he does in his game, and Ryu does what he does in his games. Ryu does not embody the entirety of his franchise any more nor less than Cloud- unless he got moves he does not have in his game, which he does not. Just because Limit Break is something only Cloud does in his game, does not mean it does not embody a greater idea of what RPGs encapsulate (such as the end-game insane World-Collapse move). They either both embody the entirety of their franchises (and, I believe, their genres), or neither of them do so. To claim otherwise, especially based on the information we have now, is worse than splitting hairs, its splitting atoms.

Like I said before, after Cloud's confirmation I really doubt Shantae would get in. If I recall correctly, the strongest argument for her inclusion has been her assosiation with Nintendo, but Ryu and Cloud pretty much confirm that iconiness is definitely a bigger factor than assosiation with Nintendo, and Shantae isn't iconic.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I truly love the absurdity in this board:

Wolf?
'OMG We needz veterans R most impurtant and he is iconic cuz he wuz in Smash b4.'
Roy
'Roy is so importent to his series and brings uniq thingz lik fier'
Squirtle And Ivysaur?
'Squittle and Ivysore are stupid and redundint becuz they are Pokemon and Charizard is the same as them.'

Gotta love when logic trumps everything.

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Wolf would definitely be underwhelming now... unless he were part of an announcement wherein we get several veteran characters at once, perhaps 4 or 5. Plus newcomers. That is something I can see happening, and with much hype.

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I truly love the absurdity in this board:

Wolf?
'OMG We needz veterans R most impurtant and he is iconic cuz he wuz in Smash b4.'
Roy
'Roy is so importent to his series and brings uniq thingz lik fier'
Squirtle And Ivysaur?
'Squittle and Ivysore are stupid and redundint becuz they are Pokemon and Charizard is the same as them.'

Gotta love when logic trumps everything.

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Wolf would definitely be underwhelming now... unless he were part of an announcement wherein we get several veteran characters at once, perhaps 4 or 5. Plus newcomers. That is something I can see happening, and with much hype.
I would love to see Ivysaur and Squirtle return, they were very unique and fun to play as, especially Squirt.
The only thing I have against them is that we already have a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon, other than that though, I really want them back but not as much as Wolf.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I think that, instead of getting Ivysaur, we should get Bulbasaur or Venusaur instead. This is because Ivysaur doesn't have enough merits to be playable in Smash, and the reason people want him is because he was already in the game. Bulba/Venusaur would use the same moveset, just with slightly different stats.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would love to see Ivysaur and Squirtle return, they were very unique and fun to play as, especially Squirt.
The only thing I have against them is that we already have a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon, other than that though, I really want them back but not as much as Wolf.
Grouping Pokemon by generation is clearly not what the developers do (with the sole exception of 'current gen' and 'previous gen'). I've gone over many times how a Pokemon's generation of conception does not correlate with said Pokemon solely representing only that generation of games, but I'd be happy to get into that topic again.
Firstly... all generations are not made equally. Aside from the clear iconic nature of the first 151 Pokemon, there arent even the same number of Pokemon in each generation. I find it odd that 1/72 Pokemon in a later generation, should be then comparable to 1/151 Pokemon of the first generation. Numerically it is ridiculous.

The only thing the generations actually stand for are the regions initiated, and even that is a stretch considering each generation of games (since gen 2) has had at least two regions playable, and since gen 3, there have been at least different games entirely (remakes counting within the generations). In fact, the initial three starters are so iconic, that they a player is able to make the choice between the three in 5/6 generations. If that doesn't disprove the fan-made concept that generations are irrelevant, than nothing does (though, certainly nothing proves it).

I think that, instead of getting Ivysaur, we should get Bulbasaur or Venusaur instead. This is because Ivysaur doesn't have enough merits to be playable in Smash, and the reason people want him is because he was already in the game. Bulba/Venusaur would use the same moveset, just with slightly different stats.
First of all... the 'only reason he is wanted in the game' is a pretty ridiculous claim.
:roymelee::pichumelee::lucas::wolf:

Secondly, even if Ivysaur is not technically Bulbasaur or Venusaur, it doesnt mean that she does not represent the three of them. Visually, she is an even ground between them, of course. Of course, in terms of 'character,' all Pokemon are species, and any one in Smash is not necessarily a specific character. Considering Pokemon evolve, however, it is clear that one of the species, if a specific character, could easily be from the same family line, and thus, the same character identity... if that matters, for no reason at all.

We have some characters with two arguable spots within their characters identity (Dr/Mario, Zelda/Sheik, Toon/Link, Zero Suit and SAMUS for certain). What difference is it if one character is an amalgamation of representation? Pacman is in as an amalgamation character, and most characters in the game do things representing their franchise more than themselves as just a character.

No matter how you slice it, the only reason Ivysaur is placed at a lower level of importance, is all fan-made bull****.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I made a full prediction list of what I think may happen!
So going by our own thoughts what do we think will happen at the presentation?

Here's what I'm thinking:
Fighters:
Cloud Strife
King K. Rool
(Bandana) Waddle Dee
One final 3rd-party character (Rayman or Shantae?)

Stages:
Midgar
King K. Rool stage (Probably Gangplank Galleon)
(Bandana) Waddle Dee stage (I don't know what it'd be)
3rd Party Stage (Rayman: Glade of Dreams probably, Shantae: Scuttle Town)
Old Stages too!

Mii Costumes:
Chocabo Hat
I don't know what the rest would be...

New Modes:
I really can't predict...

Amiibo:
Roy
Ryu
Information on the others

Closing statement from Sakurai!

Content released!

Development is finished!

The full game is released!

I think that Wolf would be the most predictable character at this point and therefore I'm not sure if he'll be added and agree with @PushDustIn about him not being shoo-in! (Put the torches and pitchforks down please)

THE END

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Devil's Advocate: Nintendo doesn't take the financial leap and extra time spent for the contracting considering that our DLC already includes two of the biggest icons of gaming history for a popular character of the N64 and has largely fallen off the face of the earth since, unlike :4cloud: and :4ryu: who remained icons/faces/the-mot-recognizable-characters of long-running series that defined their genres. They may realize that there maybe will be an outcry if all of the DLC newcomers are third-party. Especially since they appear to have very little Japanese support at this point, if we're going off them getting in due to massive ballot power.

Edit: Before arguing Cloud falling off like the Bear and Bird after FF7, his appearances in Final Fantasy Tactics, Kingdom Hearts, the other media for FF7, and various callbacks to him across the later installments to his series kept him at least some part relevant, with his star power never dropping as hard and ESPECIALLY with the hype just 5 months ago about the HD Remaster.
While Cloud and Ryu has thier place in gaming history and Nintendo history, so does Banjo and he represents a point and era for Nintendo that Cloud and Ryu doesn't.

We would also need to know how out of the way is this 'financial leap' is. Its not like this is Nintendo's first game dealing with Rare/Microsoft post acquisition. Also there are characters that defy everything you presented.

Relevancy - :4duckhunt:
Lack of Japan support - :4littlemac:
Lack of recent games - :4falcon:

Smash is becoming more and more of a gaming/history fighting game. I believe if the game and/or series touched/influenced a time for Nintendo: They are fair game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom