• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Like I said in the post, on the speculation side of my mind....I don't believe in Shovel Knight. I feel he misses a lot of the so called requirements (Arguably not carrying video game history with him). However, DLC might be very different from normal roster selection and Sakurai might see this as an opportunity to expand the special guest.

That being said, the only thing I know that you guys don't is who Tamaki's source is. I know that the source is legitimate, and as of right now...there is no reason to doubt them. I believe the rumor has been reported on entirely. Personally, I wouldn't really want SK in Smash because I've been against the whole notion of having an indie representation just for the sake of having indie representation, but in the end I'm sure that if SK is in the game I will buy and enjoy him. Hopefully the game will be released in Japan sometime soon.

For SK in Japan, he's become more familiar with the Smash community in Japan due to the rumors. This is not different from other candidates that were propelled by rumors like Sonic in Melee, Chorus Men with Gematsu, Rayman with Omni, and others.
I see and it's good to hear your option on this in general. Personally I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy him regardless. But I guess it's just wait and see at this point. Also Push thanks for all the hard-work you and the team at Source Gaming do. You guys dig throughly and do s lot of research to provide us with great things, and posts so thank you I appreciate it and keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Like I said in the post, on the speculation side of my mind....I don't believe in Shovel Knight. I feel he misses a lot of the so called requirements (Arguably not carrying video game history with him). However, DLC might be very different from normal roster selection and Sakurai might see this as an opportunity to expand the special guest.

That being said, the only thing I know that you guys don't is who Tamaki's source is. I know that the source is legitimate, and as of right now...there is no reason to doubt them. I believe the rumor has been reported on entirely. Personally, I wouldn't really want SK in Smash because I've been against the whole notion of having an indie representation just for the sake of having indie representation, but in the end I'm sure that if SK is in the game I will buy and enjoy him. Hopefully the game will be released in Japan sometime soon.

For SK in Japan, he's become more familiar with the Smash community in Japan due to the rumors. This is not different from other candidates that were propelled by rumors like Sonic in Melee, Chorus Men with Gematsu, Rayman with Omni, and others.
You heard it first here, folks: Sonic, Chorus Men, and Rayman, all confirmed alongside Shovel Knight!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Good I was worried Sonic wasn't going to make it...
Recent Youtubers have been questioning his viability as a character. That means the developers cut him out of the development cycle, of course. A sacrifice to the G-ds.

Last edited:
So I've been lurking on this thread for a while and I just wanna know, how do you guys feel about Shantae in Smash? At this point she's the ONLY dlc character I want and I honestly believe that if we get ANY indie character she would be the one.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So I've been lurking on this thread for a while and I just wanna know, how do you guys feel about Shantae in Smash? At this point she's the ONLY dlc character I want and I honestly believe that if we get ANY indie character she would be the one.
Honestly, I think Shantae has the same chances as any other indie character. Her regular Nintendo appearances have often been used as evidence that she would be the strongest contender. However, Sakurai has never said it was a strong requirement for that characters to be associated with Nintendo. He said it might be a requirement. Therefore, Shantae in reality is not better or worse off than other indie characters. If Sakurai were to pick an indie character he would theortically go with the one that is probably the most iconic("carrying video game history") and I'm not sure any of the indie choices follow that to be honest.

That being said I enjoy Shantae's design and would want her in Smash as she would make an interesting addition.

Honestly, I think Shantae has the same chances as any other indie character. Her regular Nintendo appearances have often been used as evidence that she would be the strongest contender. However, Sakurai has never said it was a strong requirement for that characters to be associated with Nintendo. He said it might be a requirement. Therefore, Shantae in reality is not better or worse off than other indie characters. If Sakurai were to pick an indie character he would theortically go with the one that is probably the most iconic("carrying video game history") and I'm not sure any of the indie choices follow that to be honest.

That being said I enjoy Shantae's design and would want her in Smash as she would make an interesting addition.
Cool. I personally think she has a higher chance than other indies not only because of her history with Nintendo but also because of her rising popularity in Japan along with a physical release of her latest game in Japan. Also WayForward has been pushing for Shantae in Smash constantly since the ballot opening. Anyway I'm just hoping she can overcome the "indie" boundary and make it into Smash :)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm not betting again. Not after the shame of having a Dora avatar.
Hey don't worry bout it, we can always explora for different avatar to shame you with

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don't have any strong feelings towards Shantae either way. If she was included, I would be a bit disappointed, but I think I would get over it as long as some other characters that interest me got in as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So there's some rumor or something going around the web about the whole six character thing being true and three of the six characters coming this month. Normally I'd just write it off as fake but at the very least we have in-game evidence to support it. (For once)

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So there's some rumor or something going around the web about the whole six character thing being true and three of the six characters coming this month. Normally I'd just write it off as fake but at the very least we have in-game evidence to support it. (For once)
There is a rumor going around spreading information about a Nintendo Direct that includes that information, but I wouldn't put any credit into it.
It also states that Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero 3D are releasing early next year.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There is a rumor going around spreading information about a Nintendo Direct that includes that information, but I wouldn't put any credit into it.
It also states that Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero 3D are releasing early next year.
Yeah, it's probably nothing TBH. :/

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That was already proven fake due to the Star Fox Zero release date and other details

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Minecraft Steve carries video game history.
The issue is that Indie games and Nintendo history have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is there a link? Or is it gone?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
WANT. Her moveset would be great and she would generally fit in so well. Has 3 games on Ninty already with a 4th coming up for the U.

At first I was neutral but the more I read and discovered about the character & the games the more I liked her. Current takes my #3 spot and I will soon buy one of her games. (Pirates Curse)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I should point out that, regarding the above leak, 'Fates' is hilariously misspelled, and that release date for Star Fox Zero is very definitely not a Spring month.

That's besides the fact that it's a mere text leak to boot.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think he was talking about this one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72766649

Nothing more than a text leak.
Gah, it's practically everything I want but it's a text leak, I can't believe in it but I really, really, really want to believe in it, if that makes any sense. I honestly hate these kind of leaks with a passion, the ones that are just filled to the brim with things we want to see, but won't show ever any real evidence, they seemingly only exist to toy with other people's and my emotions. Like, come on, when you have a fanbase this big that's been waiting for news for some time, I think it's kind of cruel that some people'd just go and tease fake news they made up in front of them and set people up for disappointment. I honestly think making fake leaks just to trick people, to make their hopes rise falsely while knowing said hopes will be crushed, is pretty darn immoral, and especially so to a fanbase that has as so many naive and trusting people like the Smash fanbase. I really cannot understand why so many people make these "leaks" and think it's okay to go about messing with other people's emotions.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hoping there will be alternate costume dlc, and not just for the miis, costumes for the characters. I would gladly pay a couple bucks for a boxer DK or OoT Ganondorf. Project M has them, why not Wii U?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For comparison's sake (not that it is even possible to really compare this dual title with so many DLC bundles with anything else Nintendo has done, ever), but... what is the most money anyone *could* have spent on another Nintendo DLC title?

I'll go as far as to state that amiibo which unlock content should be considered DLC, or at least external-funding-supplementation, EFS (a term I just made up and of which I am now quite fond). Mario Kart and Super Luigi U come to mind, though the AC cards would be a bit of a stickier definition.

As far as DLC promotion goes, I think we may actually see that in the future, but in the form of cross-promotional buys continuing, such as paid DLC for Splatoon somehow leveraging the character as a Smash character (buy Inkling in Smash, get Mario discounted in Splatoon, or such).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Feast, my children.
Daisy Moveset
Daisy brings a ruthless gladiator/obstacle fighting style to Smash. Happy to be free of boring Princess bureaucratic duties, Daisy takes out her anger issues on the rest of the cast. She is a well-balanced fighter stat-wise, but uses projectile-based Smashes, floating bombs, flying blades and flaming tennis balls to overwhelm her enemies.

Daisy likes to fight with style. Her Down Special allows her to plant a Speed Ring from MarioKart Wii U either horizontal or in a vertical manner. While any character or projectile gets a speed boost from the ring, Daisy gets an extra-speed boost and a power boost signified by a flashy orange effect. Rings make excellent bulls-eyes to throw enemies through for extra-distance.

Her aerial attacks are good for set-ups for flashy sky-high combos as well as having a couple good power moves for the finisher.
Specials
(B) Flaming Shot: Daisy tosses a flaming tennis ball in front of her. There is a slight delay where the player can input the angle of the hit, before Daisy swings with a tennis racket.

The ball does not go as far as Pit’s arrow, but does more damage and can bounce once off a wall or floor.

Toward (B) Razor Petal: A metal platform shaped like a flower head with blades designed as petals appears below Daisy. She crouches low and goes forward at a decent speed. She can angle her craft up and down.

The blade goes the distance of Fox’s illusion before the blade disappears and the princess falls into helpless mode. The blade does multiple hits, with the last hit sending opponents behind Daisy.

Up (B) Fluff Bomb: Daisy pulls out a small Bo-omb attached to a Dandelion/Daisy puff (which makes the contraption look like a parachute-seed). Daisy goes not quite the distance of Peach’s umbrella attack before letting go of the seed.

While Daisy free falls, the seed bomb floats upwards where it can explode upon contact with a player.

Down (B) Mariokart Speed Ring: Daisy twirls around in place like a missile, while a ring from Mariokart Wii U forms around her. The ring can be shifted from a regular state to a vertical state and back again.

After a short time, Daisy shoots out like a missile with an orange glow effect, going about the distance of an Uncharged Luigi missile. The ring stays. She can have one ring out at a time. If she plants another ring, the previous one disappears.

Anyone or anything that goes through the rings gets a speed boost. However, Daisy or any of her projectiles gets an added speed and damage boost if propelled by a ring, symbolized by an orange light effect.

Daisy can use her ring to boost flaming tennis balls, propel her blade craft, leap higher with her bombs (which also float faster when released), add speed and power to her projectile smashes or boost her air speed for an accelerated aerial attack.

Smashes
Forward Smash Twirling Dropkick: Like Fox’s old Smash move from Smash 64, Daisy performs a dropkick while spinning. Go through a ring for extra distance and launching power.

Up Smash Bullet Bill Pluck: Not to be outdone by Peach, Daisy plucks a bullet bill from the ground which jets upwards a distance before exploding. Going through a ring gives this missile an extra boost of speed and power.

Down Smash Olympic Hammer Throw: From Mario and Sonic Olympic games, Daisy twirls in place while wielding an Olympic hammer (The hammer could look like a smaller Chain-Chomp to further reference the Mario universe). When the Smash is released, she tosses the Hammer/Chain Chomp in the direction it was aimed when let go.

A Smash that does damage when charging and has good KO damage when released.

Ground Attacks
(A) Karate Moves - Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice.
(A,A) Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice. She follows up with a downward hand chop.
(A,A,A) Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice. She follows up with a downward hand chop. She finishes with a forward palm that pushes the enemy away a good distance.

Dash (A) Turbo Boost – Daisy does a shoulder ram as turbo arrows from MarioKart appear on the floor beneath her, giving her a boost of acceleration. Not as strong as other shoulder rams such as Ganondorf or Samus’s ram, unless she goes through a ring.

Down (A) Somersault – Daisy performs a somersault which pops enemies upwards before returning to her crouch pose.

Up (A) Leaping Head-butt – Peach’s old Up tilt. Daisy performs a jumping head-butt.

Forward (A) Whirling Backhand – Daisy spins backwards and delivers a swinging backhand. Good power for a tilt.

Aerials
Forward (A) Soccer Kick – Daisy performs a large upwards kick as if launching a soccer ball. This move has decent power and is good for set-ups.

Back (A) Straight kick – Sends a rigid leg backwards to launch an opponent. Like a reverse Ryu’s Forward Smash performed in the air. Good power and sends the opponent on a straight path.

Up (A) Sky Kick – Peach’s old Upward kick from Melee and Brawl.

Down (A) Karate Chop – Daisy performs a downward karate chop. A nice quick attack and a weak meteor smash.

Neutral (A) T Punch – Daisy crosses her arms across her chest briefly before unfurling them into a punch on each side.

Throws
Daisy grabs with her hands.
Pummel Forehead Smash – Rams her forehead into the enemy

Down Throw Tantrum – Slams the opponent onto the ground and leaps in quick motion several times on their floored body as she turns red in the face. Pops up at the end.

Forward Throw Body Sled – Leaps onto her opponents and skates on their body upon the floor a distance, before stepping off. The opponent keeps sliding. Send them through a ring.

Up Throw Shoulder Press – Daisy faces the screen and does a shoulder press with the enemy, heaving them straight upwards. Why not throw them through a vertically aligned ring?

Back Throw Roundhouse – Swings the enemy behind her and performs a spinning roundhouse.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I should point out that, regarding the above leak, 'Fates' is hilariously misspelled, and that release date for Star Fox Zero is very definitely not a Spring month.

That's besides the fact that it's a mere text leak to boot.
It's only been stated that it's coming out Q12016 though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The news sites can't seem to decide what's true, then.

Q1 does include January, February and March. The former two are winter months, while Spring starts in March, which is another reason why I'm questioning that supposed February release date.
They could've pushed it back ala Scott Cawthon, as for the release, I'll admit, I was kinda in a hurry so I just glanced at SFZ's Wikapedia page, so yeah, didn't do much research this time. :drshrug:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't see why it is still discussed... an obvious fake and list's like these have been created only to be wrong as far as I can remember. >.>

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Feast, my children.
Daisy Moveset
Daisy brings a ruthless gladiator/obstacle fighting style to Smash. Happy to be free of boring Princess bureaucratic duties, Daisy takes out her anger issues on the rest of the cast. She is a well-balanced fighter stat-wise, but uses projectile-based Smashes, floating bombs, flying blades and flaming tennis balls to overwhelm her enemies.

Daisy likes to fight with style. Her Down Special allows her to plant a Speed Ring from MarioKart Wii U either horizontal or in a vertical manner. While any character or projectile gets a speed boost from the ring, Daisy gets an extra-speed boost and a power boost signified by a flashy orange effect. Rings make excellent bulls-eyes to throw enemies through for extra-distance.

Her aerial attacks are good for set-ups for flashy sky-high combos as well as having a couple good power moves for the finisher.
Specials
(B) Flaming Shot: Daisy tosses a flaming tennis ball in front of her. There is a slight delay where the player can input the angle of the hit, before Daisy swings with a tennis racket.

The ball does not go as far as Pit’s arrow, but does more damage and can bounce once off a wall or floor.

Toward (B) Razor Petal: A metal platform shaped like a flower head with blades designed as petals appears below Daisy. She crouches low and goes forward at a decent speed. She can angle her craft up and down.

The blade goes the distance of Fox’s illusion before the blade disappears and the princess falls into helpless mode. The blade does multiple hits, with the last hit sending opponents behind Daisy.

Up (B) Fluff Bomb: Daisy pulls out a small Bo-omb attached to a Dandelion/Daisy puff (which makes the contraption look like a parachute-seed). Daisy goes not quite the distance of Peach’s umbrella attack before letting go of the seed.

While Daisy free falls, the seed bomb floats upwards where it can explode upon contact with a player.

Down (B) Mariokart Speed Ring: Daisy twirls around in place like a missile, while a ring from Mariokart Wii U forms around her. The ring can be shifted from a regular state to a vertical state and back again.

After a short time, Daisy shoots out like a missile with an orange glow effect, going about the distance of an Uncharged Luigi missile. The ring stays. She can have one ring out at a time. If she plants another ring, the previous one disappears.

Anyone or anything that goes through the rings gets a speed boost. However, Daisy or any of her projectiles gets an added speed and damage boost if propelled by a ring, symbolized by an orange light effect.

Daisy can use her ring to boost flaming tennis balls, propel her blade craft, leap higher with her bombs (which also float faster when released), add speed and power to her projectile smashes or boost her air speed for an accelerated aerial attack.

Smashes
Forward Smash Twirling Dropkick: Like Fox’s old Smash move from Smash 64, Daisy performs a dropkick while spinning. Go through a ring for extra distance and launching power.

Up Smash Bullet Bill Pluck: Not to be outdone by Peach, Daisy plucks a bullet bill from the ground which jets upwards a distance before exploding. Going through a ring gives this missile an extra boost of speed and power.

Down Smash Olympic Hammer Throw: From Mario and Sonic Olympic games, Daisy twirls in place while wielding an Olympic hammer (The hammer could look like a smaller Chain-Chomp to further reference the Mario universe). When the Smash is released, she tosses the Hammer/Chain Chomp in the direction it was aimed when let go.

A Smash that does damage when charging and has good KO damage when released.

Ground Attacks
(A) Karate Moves - Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice.
(A,A) Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice. She follows up with a downward hand chop.
(A,A,A) Daisy performs a horizontal hand slice. She follows up with a downward hand chop. She finishes with a forward palm that pushes the enemy away a good distance.

Dash (A) Turbo Boost – Daisy does a shoulder ram as turbo arrows from MarioKart appear on the floor beneath her, giving her a boost of acceleration. Not as strong as other shoulder rams such as Ganondorf or Samus’s ram, unless she goes through a ring.

Down (A) Somersault – Daisy performs a somersault which pops enemies upwards before returning to her crouch pose.

Up (A) Leaping Head-butt – Peach’s old Up tilt. Daisy performs a jumping head-butt.

Forward (A) Whirling Backhand – Daisy spins backwards and delivers a swinging backhand. Good power for a tilt.

Aerials
Forward (A) Soccer Kick – Daisy performs a large upwards kick as if launching a soccer ball. This move has decent power and is good for set-ups.

Back (A) Straight kick – Sends a rigid leg backwards to launch an opponent. Like a reverse Ryu’s Forward Smash performed in the air. Good power and sends the opponent on a straight path.

Up (A) Sky Kick – Peach’s old Upward kick from Melee and Brawl.

Down (A) Karate Chop – Daisy performs a downward karate chop. A nice quick attack and a weak meteor smash.

Neutral (A) T Punch – Daisy crosses her arms across her chest briefly before unfurling them into a punch on each side.

Throws
Daisy grabs with her hands.
Pummel Forehead Smash – Rams her forehead into the enemy

Down Throw Tantrum – Slams the opponent onto the ground and leaps in quick motion several times on their floored body as she turns red in the face. Pops up at the end.

Forward Throw Body Sled – Leaps onto her opponents and skates on their body upon the floor a distance, before stepping off. The opponent keeps sliding. Send them through a ring.

Up Throw Shoulder Press – Daisy faces the screen and does a shoulder press with the enemy, heaving them straight upwards. Why not throw them through a vertically aligned ring?

Back Throw Roundhouse – Swings the enemy behind her and performs a spinning roundhouse.
She sounds very aggressive!

D

Deleted member

The only believable part of it is Super Mario Maker DLC, and Splatoon DLC. Also Twilight Princess HD. All of which are given at this point. But that's all I'll say about that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I really hope the SK leak is confirmed fake soon, no offense to SK fans, but it's done alot of damage to us as a community, and I think it should fade away.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I really hope the SK leak is confirmed fake soon, no offense to SK fans, but it's done alot of damage to us as a community, and I think it should fade away.
I don't know, but I can't think a way to deconfirm SK. I mean, the only way he would be deconfirmed is if Nintendo announce: Shovel Knight will not be in the game. Besides that, people will always speculate him. That's the magic of DLC.

D

Deleted member

We just have to wait and see. It won't die anytime soon. I say ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We should put are focus on the Direct. That's where it should be if Shovel Knight is announced with say maybe Wolf then great glad he's in. Already happy about Wolf. But we have no confirmation or deconfirmation. So just don't pay it any heed till we hear from Nintendo or Yacht Club Games.

Besides we need to focus on characters like Wolf, K Rool. Waddle Dee, Inkling ECT getting in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom