• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General P:M Pika Q/A

Player -0

Smash Hero
I saw that there wasn't a general Q&A thread so I figured making one would cut down on some stuff.

Or I just wanted to make a thread.

I'll start: I saw that there was a hurtbox change for Pika on an update a little while back, what was changed?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I need someone to show the autocancel timings on fair, as well as the timing for fair L-Cancel grab. Also show all angles on Quick attack , and frame data

And if anyone wants to get bopped on Netplay hit me up

Last edited:

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
Idk where to post this so I guess I'll ask about it here. I've recently been watching anthers pm pika and I've noticed he is able to grab the edge while onstage with only one quick attack angle. I've tried doing it myself but I either fall to my death or edge cancel it facing the opposite way. Do you guys know how to do it? Do you jump before doing it? Is it an edge cancel? If so how do you turn around? Please help

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I can do it, though I don't know exactly how it works. I think you do a downward angle, and the quick attack ends near the ledge, activating the reverse ledge grab box. Just a guess.

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
I can do it, though I don't know exactly how it works. I think you do a downward angle, and the quick attack ends near the ledge, activating the reverse ledge grab box. Just a guess.
yea i thought thats how it worked too so i tried that but i either die or edge cancel facing away from the stage.

Matthew

Smash Apprentice
Idk where to post this so I guess I'll ask about it here. I've recently been watching anthers pm pika and I've noticed he is able to grab the edge while onstage with only one quick attack angle. I've tried doing it myself but I either fall to my death or edge cancel it facing the opposite way. Do you guys know how to do it? Do you jump before doing it? Is it an edge cancel? If so how do you turn around? Please help
I do it sometimes by accident, lol

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Pikachu doesn't have a reverse grab box. If anything, he's clipping through the stage far enough for the regular box to activate.
I've done it before, but not consistently. It feels like what causes it is pressing backward right after Pika start moving, which might be causing some sort of B-reverse-esque effect that causes Pikachu to turn around.

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
Now that I think about it it might be something similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUrKbyyJWas but with one angle. In melee you were able to change the direction you were facing by tilting in that direction during the 22nd/23rd frame. This was utilized to use pikas up-b straight up twice and to change the direction pika faced during it. It could be this but I feel like theres a much easier way to do it consistently and that we're over complicating this lol.

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
does anyone know if the super effective effect from brawl between the pokemon is still in PM?

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
Oh guys I figured out how to do the single QA edge grab from the stage. It's pretty much the same thing as when you are doing it off stage. However, when doing it from the stage you must return the analog stick back to neutral the moment pikachu starts moving. The timing is way faster and a bit more difficult but with a little practice it can become second nature.

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
What do you all find to be Pikachu's tougest and easiest matchups in PM? In melee, Sheik and Mario caused trouble (Plus just other high tiers in general since they're simply better). The matchups thread here is quite bare.

Last edited:

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
What do you all find to be Pikachu's tougest and easiest matchups in PM? In melee, Sheik and Mario caused trouble (Plus just other high tiers in general since they're simply better). The matchups thread here is quite bare.
Pikas bad MU are: Mario toon link, shiek, diddy kong, and mewtwo. This is my opinion of course. Best MU are ganondorf d3 bowser dk(kinda)... Pikachu can go even with spacies once u get past the nuetral game

Top Bottom