• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

rsr2

Smash Lord
So the last part of Phase 3 starts today and ends on Sunday. That god because that gives me extra time to play because I will be traveling a bit this weekend >_>

finalark

SNORLAX

finalark

SNORLAX
Square is launching their "Go There" campaign to promote all three upcoming FF games (Lightning Returns, ARR and FFX/X2 HD). A few notably details about the campaign:

- Lighting's involvement in FFXIV goes beyond costume and weapons, apparently there will be FATEs based around her and she will be directly incorporated into the game's story
- There will be a Mi'qote costume for Lightning in Lightning Returns
- We don't know exactly how FFX/X2 HD will be cross-promoted but apparently a Yuna costume for Lightning is in the works.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/final-fantasy-go-there-collaboration-campaign-launched/

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Nice! Good, but how good? Amazing performance I recon?

Simply amazing. I've been able to max out or nearly max out on Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Starcraft 2; pretty much all the games on my PC can be done (1080p monitor/res). ARR should be no problem.

Yeah the titan is still the best in my opinion
That things Crazy!
Yeah, if you want to sell a kidney :(

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, where is everyone....
Maybe playing a Realm Reborn. LoL

ARR's beta servers aren't going to be up again for a while. This thread usually has long bouts where it will quiet down until either a new FF is released or somebody necros it (usually me) with some news. But frankly, FF news has been pretty slow lately.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
ARR's beta servers aren't going to be up again for a while. This thread usually has long bouts where it will quiet down until either a new FF is released or somebody necros it (usually me) with some news. But frankly, FF news has been pretty slow lately.
It hasn't been that bad there is still many leaked or info of FF XIV, FF XV, and FF XIII-3. I'am really looking forward to FF XV though, I have been waiting a while for it.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Here are the results from the benchmark for ARR:

"FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark

(Character Creation)
Tested on:8/2/2013 6:02:57 PM
Score:9159
Average Framerate:77.893
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
Graphics Presets: Maximum

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.2049"

So happy!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Soooo jelly! Can't wait until I can start buying parts again haha. For now though it looks like I'll be spending the first month playing in console.

Edit: Was messing around in Character Creation too much and have made so many choices for my char for Beta. xD

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
So I've never played a Final Fantasy game. I know - I'm a terrible person. But I find out that I own Final Fantasy IV for the Ds, so I think, "Why the hell not?"

I just started playing yesterday, and this game is just... So I just rescued Rydia, and I'm grinding in the desert. I ****ing swear that the Sand Worm pops up ever 2-3 battles. Apparently this thing is rare. I THINK NOT.

I must be the most lucky guy in the ****ing world, even though I've never seen a Shiny Pokemon in game. All I know is that I've had to restart from save at least 10 times because of this ****ing thing, and I've made little progress grinding.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's hope this gets better.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
FF4 DS is like one of the hardest ff game ever... not the best one to start with .-.

finalark

SNORLAX
FF4 DS is like one of the hardest ff game ever... not the best one to start with .-.

Pretty much this. DS IV is extremely grindy and hard as ****. Frankly, I recommend the GBA IV over it for newcomers to the series.

That being said, if you're going to start with DS IV I wish you the best of luck.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
Lol, well now I know what I'm getting into. I was eager to play some FF game, since I've heard it's such a great series. People said IV was a great game online, and I just noticed that I owned it.

Pretty much this. DS IV is extremely grindy and hard as ****. Frankly, I recommend the GBA IV over it for newcomers to the series.

That being said, if you're going to start with DS IV I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks, Finalark. So far, I like the story and the voice acting - especially Kain.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've rolled on the Balmung server for this beta phase. If any of you are also there feel free to add my character. Silver Aldebaran

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'll be joining Diabolos with some Tera friends once the restriction is lifted. (I guess theyre trying to balance out the server populations)

My name is Jon Farron

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Reinstall. That happened to me yesterday when I went to update, had to reinstall for it to fix.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yesterday, all the servers were blowing up and filling up. Constant checks on Twitter kept me updated on what was down and what opened. The Beta forums are also back up (I assume to report a bug or two). Well, I'm not sure what to think so far. Granted I'm only level 11 but the game feels a tad too easy lol. I'll see how things seem at 20 and when I work myself up to 50 post release. In the end though it's Final Fantasy and I'll most likely keep playing this just because I love the series so

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, I'm not sure what to think so far. Granted I'm only level 11 but the game feels a tad too easy lol.
I don't know, FFXIV is the most challenging MMO I have played in a long time. I've actually died while questing and was stuck in a few quests. I honestly can't say how long its been since I was stuck on a quest.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't know, FFXIV is the most challenging MMO I have played in a long time. I've actually died while questing and was stuck in a few quests. I honestly can't say how long its been since I was stuck on a quest.
You haven't played The Secret World yet, have you, Finalark? Lol.

Anyway, where do I go to get into the open beta? The main website?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom