• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So, how do all of us feel about it being less than a month until Beauty and the Beast 2017 comes to theaters?

I'll be on spring break when it comes out, so I'll be home to see it with my fiancée. Of course, I have no idea what to expect since I haven't seen the original animated classic ever since I was a baby.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, how do all of us feel about it being less than a month until Beauty and the Beast 2017 comes to theaters?

I'll be on spring break when it comes out, so I'll be home to see it with my fiancée. Of course, I have no idea what to expect since I haven't seen the original animated classic ever since I was a baby.
I've watched it twice with my sister and I am still finding the film entertaining and brilliant.

Other news, Wreck It Ralph's new sequel has a title:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/28/wreck-it-ralph-2-ralph-breaks-internet-disney/

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just saw this piece of work that was on the VHS tape of Goofy Movie that I used to have when I was little.

WARNING: What you're about to see is REALLY SILLY!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I've watched it twice with my sister and I am still finding the film entertaining and brilliant.

Other news, Wreck It Ralph's new sequel has a title:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/28/wreck-it-ralph-2-ralph-breaks-internet-disney/
That new title for the WiR sequel looks hilariously funny in a good way, not sure if it'll be as good as the original film.

The Incredibles 2 also has a slight title change as well (dropping "The" out of the name), although I don't think this one will be the official name until we get info at this year's D23 Expo (which is just a good 3 months away), I'm thinking it'll be used to market the film only while retaining the original name.

Also in other news Leia will be in Star Wars-Episode IX and with Fisher back (they will in fact be using the very last images of her (likely from both Episode VII and VIII to recreate her).

EDIT: Nope, Leia won't be in IX (as Disney does not want to risk angering the fans), so she's likely getting killed off-screen in between VIII and IX.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Copied from Pixar post, we have some really big news regarding Incredibles 2 and whatnot:

Our first official concept art for our highly beloved sequel!

This was discovered on the D23app (just a week before D23), but this is what was revealed so far:

*Brad Bird revealed to be the Director (although this was assumed, about time it got confirmed)

*John Walker and Nicole Paradis Grindle listed as Producers

*Ralph Eggleston will be the Production Designer

*The title was noted to be
Incredibles 2, not The Incredibles 2 (as is still billed on the official Pixar website). Which will it ultimately be?

*The concept artwork gives us some good clues as to who will be in the film (Edna Mode, Frozone, The Underminer), but also reveals that the characters will most likely be the same age range as we last saw them in the first film (thank god)!

So what are your guys thoughts on this? Sound off in the comments below!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To bring in further news from D23:

Wreck It-Ralph 2

- a new trailer was shown but yet to surface online as of yet.
- a new character named Yesss is voiced by Tariji P. Henson.
- it will feature Disney Princesses which include, Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Ariel (Little Mermaid), Jasmine (Aladdin), Pocahontas (Pocahontas), Tiana (Princess and the Frog), Merida (Brave), Rapunzel (Tangled), Anna (Frozen) & Moana (Moana.) All will be voiced by their respected VAs.
- Stormtroopers, C-3PO and Stan Lee will also make cameos within the film.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...stormtroopers-new-character-yesss-introduced/

Toy Story 4

- The film will be directed by Josh Cooley who had been working as an intern at Pixar since 2003.

It will be very interesting to see how some of the Disney Princesses will be transitioned from 2D to 3D.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
To bring in further news from D23:
Wreck It-Ralph 2

- a new trailer was shown but yet to surface online as of yet.
- a new character named Yesss is voiced by Tariji P. Henson.
- it will feature Disney Princesses which include, Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Ariel (Little Mermaid), Jasmine (Aladdin), Pocahontas (Pocahontas), Tiana (Princess and the Frog), Merida (Brave), Rapunzel (Tangled), Anna (Frozen) & Moana (Moana.) All will be voiced by their respected VAs.
- Stormtroopers, C-3PO and Stan Lee will also make cameos within the film.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/07/d23-expo-2017-first-wreck-ralph-2-trailer-clip-debut-featuring-disney-princesses-stormtroopers-new-character-yesss-introduced/

Toy Story 4

- The film will be directed by Josh Cooley who had been working as an intern at Pixar since 2003.

It will be very interesting to see how some of the Disney Princesses will be transitioned from 2D to 3D.
So technically speaking, Pixar is involved with the 2nd WiR film (just for that once scene with Merida) and it appears no Mario or any other cameos of iconic video game characters.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So technically speaking, Pixar is involved with the 2nd WiR film (just for that once scene with Merida) and it appears no Mario or any other cameos of iconic video game characters.
Well, I guess the plot is pretty much Ralph and Vanellope going into the Internet world to find a replacement part for her Sugar Rush. So I'm not 100% sure if there will be any video game character references within the sequel.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Well, I guess the plot is pretty much Ralph and Vanellope going into the Internet world to find a replacement part for her Sugar Rush. So I'm not 100% sure if there will be any video game character references within the sequel.
Which means no Mario cameo.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Does anyone here know if the Nostalgia Critic has ever reviewed Holes? After seeing his positive review for James and the Giant Peach, I really want to see him review Holes because I've read the book, and I heard the movie was crap.

Oy, I'd love to see the Nostalgia Critic beef about everything the movie has to offer since I always avoided it like the plague.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
When do you guys think we will be seeing new trailers for Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and the Incredibles 2?

EDIT:

Here is the latest trailer for the Incredibles 2:

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
When do you guys think we will be seeing new trailers for Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and the Incredibles 2?

EDIT:

Here is the latest trailer for the Incredibles 2:

Jack-Jack's too adorable, hopefully he gets enough screen time to make him likable enough.

Seeing as we are lost for time, well let's recap some news and stuff (Warning! Long Post Approaching!):

Our first look at everyone's favorite super family (revealed in December of 2017), and is it me or did Helen put on a ton of weight? (in before THICC jokes memes pops up, I mean look at her, she's literally thicker than her 2004 self).

And Violet and Jack-Jack look adorable (and funny, Violet was the only character out of the family who didn't get any major changes (aside from the brighter tint to her hair).

And now some major casting news (and yes more images) and an updated plotline for each character:

Holly Hunter as Helen Parr/Elastigirl

Helen Parr, known in the Superworld as Elastigirl, hung up her Supersuit to raise the family with husband Bob, leaving their crime-fighting days behind them. But when she’s tapped to lead a campaign to bring the Supers back into the spotlight, she finds she can still bend, stretch and twist herself into any shape needed to solve the trickiest of mysteries. In short, she’s still got it. That’s good news, too, because a new villain is emerging—unlike any they’ve ever seen before.

Craig T. Nelson as Robert "Bob" Parr/ Mr. Incredible

Bob Parr, cherishes his days as Mr. Incredible—a popular Super with mega-strength and the power to single-handedly take out the bad guys. Ever since Supers were outlawed, Bob’s been mostly lying low, raising the family alongside his wife Helen. But when she’s called on to stretch her Super skills and hopefully change the public perception of Supers for the better, Bob must manage the household on his own, which calls for a completely different set of super powers.

Sarah Vowell as Violet Parr (isn't Violet adorable (just look at that face, now who wouldn't want to hug her after seeing that?), not taking about the actress who plays her (who's face is giving me some serious Doctor Who vibes (Sarah Vowell as the 14th Doctor anyone?), I'm talking about the image next to Sarah.)

Violet Parr, the firstborn of the Parr clan, is an introverted and intelligent 14-year-old teen that doesn’t quite fit in with the normal crowd. Socially awkward, outspoken and sarcastic, Violet plays her teenager role to perfection—all while secretly mastering her superpowers of invisibility and creating force fields. A Super at heart, Violet can’t help her urge to fight crime alongside her family.

Huckleberry "Huck" Milner as Dashiell Robert "Dash" Parr/Dash

Dashiell "Robert" Parr aka Dash, is a 10-year-old boy—restless, relentless, curious—though his remarkable power of Super speed certainly sets him apart. Dash sports a hearty sense of adventure and a boundless supply of energy. He’d love nothing more than to show off his special skills and fight a few bad guys along the way—and doesn’t understand why he has to keep his powers a secret.

Samuel L. Jackson as Lucius Best/Frozone.

Lucius Best is not only Bob’s best friend, he’s a fellow-former Super who’s so chill, he can make ice with the point of a finger. But even when he’s not fighting crime as Frozone, Lucius is all about style. He has a quick wit and a cool, can-do attitude—and he wouldn’t think twice about breaking out his Supersuit if it could help bring Supers out of hiding.

Brad Bird as Edna E. Mode

Edna “E” Mode possesses impeccable design sense, a keen understanding of cutting-edge technology and an unmatched skillset. A creative visionary, she longs for the return of Supers so she can once again create functional yet edgy Supersuits. The petite and powerful fashionista treats her clients like family, dahling (hooray for puns), but sticks firmly to her long-held assertion: No capes!

Jonathan Banks will replace Bud Luckey as Rick Dicker.

Rick Dicker heads up the official Super Relocation Program, helping the Parr family keep their Super identities secret — no easy feat with this family. But Rick takes his job very seriously, until his division is shuttered, leaving the Parrs all on their own.

That's it for the characters we know, and now time to reveal:

Bob Odenkirk will play Winston Deavor, the brother to Evelyn.

Deavor leads a world-class telecommunications company alongside his genius sister, Evelyn. Ultra-wealthy, savvy, and suave, he goes big in everything he does— including his infatuation with Supers. He wants to see the Supers return, he just needs a hero to help him change public perception first.

Catherine Keener will play Evelyn Deavor, sister to Winston.

The brilliant brainchild behind her brother Winston’s telecommunications company, Evelyn Deavor knows her way around tech. She loves tinkering and experimenting, and has never met a problem she can’t solve.

Sophia Bush will play Voyd, one of the 25 new superheroes.

Voyd is a young, overeager “wannabe” Super and a mega-fan of Elastigirl. Her superpower is the ability to divert and manipulate objects around her by creating voids that allow the objects to appear, disappear, and shift in space.

And Isabella Rossellini will play the Ambassador.

The Supers find an advocate in a dignified foreign ambassador who is committed to supporting and legalizing Superheroes.

And at last but not least an updated synopsis:

Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in Incredibles 2 – but this time Helen is in the spotlight, leaving Bob at home with Violet and Dash to navigate the day-to-day heroics of "normal" life. It's a tough transition for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack's emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone must find a way to work together again — which is easier said than done, even when they're all Incredible.

What are your guys thoughts on the sequel's updated storyline and new characters? Sound off in the comments below.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
VioletSmashfan VioletSmashfan - A very interesting plot to the storyline. I hope Helen will at least a have time to shine in the sequel.

EDIT:

Here is a new trailer:

I've seen the trailer, it looks really good (granted the trailer focused way too much on Bob's struggles with Jack-Jack and the kids (not enough Violet), I just hope the sequel will live up to the hype of the first film, or it'll clearly drown in Baby Jack-Jack's endless streams of tears (in before that too becomes a superpower for him as well).

Granted this was only a sneak peek, most of what we saw in the trailer is probably a good portion of Act I (with Bob visiting Edna being the start of Act II).

Great, now I'm pulling a Sonic!

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Here is my limited, "realistic" roster:
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Goofy
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
Maleficent
Cruella De Vil
Aladdin and Jasmine
Simba
Belle and Beast
Stitch
Elsa
Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope
Hiro and Baymax
Scrooge McDuck
Dipper and Mabel Pines
Jack Sparrow
Sora

Woody
Buzz
Sully and Mike
Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl
Violet and Dash
And the special guest character: Darth Vader.

If I'm indulging a little, I would also add:
Pinocchio
Baloo and Mowgli
Mulan
Ariel
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel
Moana and Maui
Darkwing Duck
Phineas and Ferb (Or Agent P, not sure which)
Kim Possible
Mary Poppins

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
We're only two mere weeks away from Incredibles 2's long awaited opening, and there's been a lot of TV spots as of lately!

And when I say a lot of TV spots, I really meant it! This film is going to be huge with all the hype and merchandising coming in!

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Here is my limited, "realistic" roster:
Mickey
Minnie
Donald
Goofy
Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
Maleficent
Cruella De Vil
Aladdin and Jasmine
Simba
Belle and Beast
Stitch
Elsa
Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope
Hiro and Baymax
Scrooge McDuck
Dipper and Mabel Pines
Jack Sparrow
Sora

Woody
Buzz
Sully and Mike
Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl
Violet and Dash
And the special guest character: Darth Vader.

If I'm indulging a little, I would also add:
Pinocchio
Baloo and Mowgli
Mulan
Ariel
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel
Moana and Maui
Darkwing Duck
Phineas and Ferb (Or Agent P, not sure which)
Kim Possible
Mary Poppins
There are some Disney characters that you miss that could be in (If I did the roster)
  • Luke Skywalker (Because its about Good VS Evll why not)
  • Yoda (was with Vader as a guest in the Xbox 360 port of Soulcalibur IV)
  • And some new ones like Rey and Kylo Ren
As for Disney characters for Disney Themselves
  • More characters form Kim Possible (Ron Stoppable, Shego or Monkey Fist)
  • Anyone form Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Kida Nedakh or Helga Sinclair)
Forgot you can include anyone form anything disney (movies and TV)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here is the second trailer to Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Wrecks the Internet:

EDIT: I've watched The Incredibles 2 film yesterday and I'm going to say after 14 years of waiting for the sequel, it is still as good as its first film.

EDIT2: Here is the newest trailer for Wreck-It Ralph 2:

Wonder Woman's Gal Gadot is also casted in the film as a female driver named Shanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom