• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

finalark

SNORLAX
I do and don't agree with you on different points.

Thoughts on some of the mentioned series:

In regards to Death Note, I personally enjoyed it over Higurashi (more on that in a minute) I'd have to say that it's honestly one of the better manga series I've read. The artwork is good, the story is very engaging, it isn't vomiting anime-isms at every turn and it's one of the few series I've read where I felt like the characters were exactly that, characters. Interesting, engaging and well written characters instead of easily identifiable archetypes that fill the scene today. This is talking exclusively about the manga, however. The anime adaptation shoves the religious symbolism down your throat tenfold (which is astounding given how much the manga did this) and takes every single scene in the manga to ridiculously over dramatized levels. It's almost like the producers of the anime thought that the manga was too subtle and that most viewers would have a hard time picking up on things.

On the note of Higurashi, I tried reading the manga years ago and quickly got sick of trudging through tired, standard harems tropes and archetypes before getting to the horror that the series is known for. The anime might be better, but I'm not convinced. I hear that From the New World is pretty good, but the hyper sexualized aspect of the manga is really turning me away from it. I'm not immediately against fanservicey series, but when you try to mix it with heavy subject matter it doesn't click for me. I had the same issue with Elfin Lied for all five of you out there who have been into anime long enough to remember that series.

Moving on to LN adaptations. I'll agree that they get really, really overhyped. Black Bullet was far from being anything special and No Game No Life loses its uniqueness if you've ever read any gaming manga ever written ever. I have to disagree with you on Log Horizon, however. I found it to be a very refreshing taking on the "trapped in a game" story. Most tend to just convert them into a video game themed survival story while Log Horizon took a very unique approach in favoring politics and social issues over combat and death. I thought the first season was fantastic, but the second season is where the show's flaws really became apparent. Plot threads that don't go anywhere, a lack of focus, poor pacing and the interesting characters who should get attention don't.

Thoughts on the scene at large:

Honestly, I've mostly been ignoring mainstream opinion since (time for me to get into grumpy old man mode) the new generation of anime viewers and manga readers seem to be satisfied with one note archetypes and self-insert/invincible protagonists as long as there's a vaguely interesting story to follow. It doesn't help that many of these stories aren't even all that unique when you've been reading manga and watching anime for a long time.

High School DxD? That occult themed harem series with a surprising amount of action and story? That would be impressive if I hadn't read Rosario + Vampire back in the mid 2000s.

Sword Art Online? The series about a player trapped in an MMORPG and the people he meets there? Did everyone just kind of forget about .Hack//SIGN?

No Game No Life? A series about a world where games have dire consequences and the world's magic revolves around them? Cool, too bad Yu-Gi-Oh (manga) exists and has the added benefit of not using an eleven year old girl for fanservice.

Anyway, as I previously stated, the 10s generation of anime/manga fans seem perfectly fine with the bare minimum. And just like any other medium, that's not going to change until the new generation starts demanding more out of their entertainment.

Wow, that came out way more negative than I had intended. I don't actually hate or dislike everything recent. There's actually a lot of it I like. Magi, Fairy Tail even with it's myriad of flaws, Chunibyo and Food Wars are all recent series that I enjoy. For me, it's more of a frustration in the direction that the scene at large is moving.

Anyone here like Ergo Proxy? Was gonna try that and see if it can restore my faith in this godforsaken medium.
I watched Ergo Proxy years and years ago and I liked it well enough. It's worth taking a look at if you're in the mood for some solid cyberpunk. It gets pretty grim IIRC, but it's worth a watch if you're fine with that.

Although honestly, it seems to me like you're suffering from having high standards and fatigue from the medium.

EDIT: That ended up being longer than I intended so it's been edited for readability.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Honestly, I've mostly been ignoring mainstream opinion since (time for me to get into grumpy old man mode) the new generation of anime viewers and manga readers seem to be satisfied with one note archetypes and self-insert/invincible protagonists as long as there's a vaguely interesting story to follow. It doesn't help that many of these stories aren't even all that unique when you've been reading manga and watching anime for a long time.
Isn't it paradoxal to spite the new generation because they haven't been reading/watching for a long time ? Do you expect new readers to go through the whole history of manga before reading the contemporary works that are directly available to them via magazines/scans/tv/streams ? Have you ?

Of course people who lack experience will lack critical thinking too.

With this same reasoning it's normal for you who has accumulated experience and developed critical thinking to be picky about the works you want to read/watch, and that's a good thing. It just means you have to look further than the front page of scan sites to find what you'll like. That's what I do and even though it takes some time I often stumble upon old gems or very underground stuff.

And as you said, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some of the mainstream mangas, as there are some authors that are really good at using common tropes and stereotypes. One Punch Man is a perfect example.

TL;DR the scene isn't taking any direction, you're just a grumpy old man. It's ok for beginners to like simple stuff.

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Psycho Pass.
Them Main Villain.

Also has some interesing topics... reminds me of Steins;Gate.

@tropes

I don't want this Kind of Hero + Onepunch-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thoughts on some of the mentioned series:

In regards to Death Note, I personally enjoyed it over Higurashi (more on that in a minute) I'd have to say that it's honestly one of the better manga series I've read. The artwork is good, the story is very engaging, it isn't vomiting anime-isms at every turn and it's one of the few series I've read where I felt like the characters were exactly that, characters. Interesting, engaging and well written characters instead of easily identifiable archetypes that fill the scene today. This is talking exclusively about the manga, however. The anime adaptation shoves the religious symbolism down your throat tenfold (which is astounding given how much the manga did this) and takes every single scene in the manga to ridiculously over dramatized levels. It's almost like the producers of the anime thought that the manga was too subtle and that most viewers would have a hard time picking up on things.

On the note of Higurashi, I tried reading the manga years ago and quickly got sick of trudging through tired, standard harems tropes and archetypes before getting to the horror that the series is known for. The anime might be better, but I'm not convinced. I hear that From the New World is pretty good, but the hyper sexualized aspect of the manga is really turning me away from it. I'm not immediately against fanservicey series, but when you try to mix it with heavy subject matter it doesn't click for me. I had the same issue with Elfin Lied for all five of you out there who have been into anime long enough to remember that series.

Moving on to LN adaptations. I'll agree that they get really, really overhyped. Black Bullet was far from being anything special and No Game No Life loses its uniqueness if you've ever read any gaming manga ever written ever. I have to disagree with you on Log Horizon, however. I found it to be a very refreshing taking on the "trapped in a game" story. Most tend to just convert them into a video game themed survival story while Log Horizon took a very unique approach in favoring politics and social issues over combat and death. I thought the first season was fantastic, but the second season is where the show's flaws really became apparent. Plot threads that don't go anywhere, a lack of focus, poor pacing and the interesting characters who should get attention don't.
I'm speaking strictly about the anime versions. Higurashi and Shinsekai yori have notoriously bad manga. I think they're a tad bit overrated, but the shows excel at atmosphere. They both have a sinister aura with a ton of questions and few immediate answers. Higurashi is hardly a harem. I've only read the first volume of the manga at a library years ago, but I can assure you that they forego any serious attempts at romance with an ominous story. It's not anything to write home about, yet I'll still defend it up to a certain point.

This may be a baseless generalization, but it's like light novel readers don't read actual books. These things get hyped because they read the best of the worst. I'll admit that Log Horizon doesn't belong in the same class as the others, but it feels like wasted potential. The world building and lore are interesting and it has a handful of nice characters, but over time, I felt like it wasn't going anywhere. The politics were a little basic, it's not really engaging if Shiroe can outwit and destroy every opponent in mere minutes. It's the same as every Gary Stu Kirito, but instead of brute force, he's just le epic pwning him with his superior mind. I'd call it a poor man's Game of Thrones.

And yes, I remember Elfen Lied, haha.

Thoughts on the scene at large:

High School DxD? That occult themed harem series with a surprising amount of action and story? That would be impressive if I hadn't read Rosario + Vampire back in the mid 2000s.

Sword Art Online? The series about a player trapped in an MMORPG and the people he meets there? Did everyone just kind of forget about .Hack//SIGN?

No Game No Life? A series about a world where games have dire consequences and the world's magic revolves around them? Cool, too bad Yu-Gi-Oh (manga) exists and has the added benefit of not using an eleven year old girl for fanservice.

Anyway, as I previously stated, the 10s generation of anime/manga fans seem perfectly fine with the bare minimum. And just like any other medium, that's not going to change until the new generation starts demanding more out of their entertainment.

Wow, that came out way more negative than I had intended. I don't actually hate or dislike everything recent. There's actually a lot of it I like. Magi, Fairy Tail even with it's myriad of flaws, Chunibyo and Food Wars are all recent series that I enjoy. For me, it's more of a frustration in the direction that the scene at large is moving.
I do sense a bit of the angry old man complex from this. I'm pretty much the same, but my guilty pleasure is mindless moe****, primarily Manga Time Kirara adaptations. No male characters, no conflict, no attempts at being deep, just cute girls being cute. It's a refreshing change of pace from those depressing harems you keep listing. The good news is that they churn out an anime original every now and then that can contend with western shows.

I watched Ergo Proxy years and years ago and I liked it well enough. It's worth taking a look at if you're in the mood for some solid cyberpunk. It gets pretty grim IIRC, but it's worth a watch if you're fine with that.

Although honestly, it seems to me like you're suffering from having high standards and fatigue from the medium.

EDIT: That ended up being longer than I intended so it's been edited for readability.
Grim is fine, I've watched Texhnolyze. My fatigue comes from watching all the wrong shows. No worries, champ, I'll pick a good one some day.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Some of my favorite shonen-

Magi (manga) a god tier masterpiece. There is literally nothing really wrong with it. Characters have been developed well, and the world building is amazing. The anime by A-1 pictures was bad and they should feel bad.

Ao No Exorcist (manga)- pretty good shonen. It doesn't really pick up until the second battle with Amiamon. The impure king arc was fantastic. The anime was bad, but what else do you expect from A-1 pictures. I can't find the recent chapters for it, which makes me sad. I wish it could get another anime by a competent studio. The setting is overdone as a school, but action takes place in various parts of Japan.

Seraph of The End (manga) it appears at first to be a stereotypical shonen series, with a loudmouth overly cocky protagonist seeking revenge, but it has developed so much. The author made the right decision making the main character change into a more likable personality.he's still shoneny though. It's a pretty good read. The author also made a perfect decision dropping the overdone school anime of "regular school student by day, hero by night" deal.

Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/brotherhood) same as magi, godly masterpiece.

Kuroko (anime) I really like this series. It's not accurate to basketball for ****, given the bull**** powers. It's still an interesting show. The only notable characters in it are from the gen of miracles, most notably Kuroko, Kise, Aomine, an Akashi.

Hunter x Hunter- godly masterpiece as well. I sure ****ing wish it would come back rom hiatus.

Honorable mentions-

Soul Eater (manga) pretty fun shonen, weird art style and dark atmosphere make it pretty fun. Characters are pretty good, but the author OBVIOUSLY had a hard on for freaking Black Star. In the whole series, black star being a side character got nearly as much screen time as maka and soul. He had the biggest part in almost all the final fights, he always overshadowed Death The Kid, who is an extreme fan favorite.i like to pretend the anime didn't happen.

Psyren- awesome series and good concept. Characters were pretty well developed, and it had an Interesting post apocalyptic setting (when they go to psyren). My only real qualm with the series is that the end was rushed.if it had had an anime, it could have done well. I don't think the author knew what to do with it though.

DeathNote (manga/anime) on my first time through, it was an epic series. Looking back now, it was ok. The characters weren't great. I prayed constantly for Misa to get hit by a ****ing bus. Light was OK. L was the highlight of the series. The last third was miserable. Near was ok, but I wanted to beat the **** out of Mello.

Attack on Titan (Manga) I would have listed it a one of my favorites until the most recent arc. It has became too political for my taste. The recent chapters finally explaining some stuff about titans has felt too supernatural for me. It just doesn't seem to fit. The anime has beautiful animation by Wit, and is overall a great experience.

My opinion on sword art online: it's sad when the abridged series (SWEabridged) has better characterization than your series. Way to **** up A-1 pictures. God I hate you.

In case anyone hasn't seen this beautiful abridged-

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is pretty decent. Lots of interesting chars.
---------------

An the Note of Death Note:

If you like Slice of Life/Psychological/Drama stuff, Death Note (cause references) and don't mind pervertions (not the "bad" ecchi kind) you could look into Onani Master Kurusawa.
The story is awesome. Manga.

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Some of my favorite shonen-

Magi (manga) a god tier masterpiece. There is literally nothing really wrong with it. Characters have been developed well, and the world building is amazing. The anime by A-1 pictures was bad and they should feel bad.

Ao No Exorcist (manga)- pretty good shonen. It doesn't really pick up until the second battle with Amiamon. The impure king arc was fantastic. The anime was bad, but what else do you expect from A-1 pictures. I can't find the recent chapters for it, which makes me sad. I wish it could get another anime by a competent studio. The setting is overdone as a school, but action takes place in various parts of Japan.

Seraph of The End (manga) it appears at first to be a stereotypical shonen series, with a loudmouth overly cocky protagonist seeking revenge, but it has developed so much. The author made the right decision making the main character change into a more likable personality.he's still shoneny though. It's a pretty good read. The author also made a perfect decision dropping the overdone school anime of "regular school student by day, hero by night" deal.

Fullmetal Alchemist (manga/brotherhood) same as magi, godly masterpiece.

Kuroko (anime) I really like this series. It's not accurate to basketball for ****, given the bull**** powers. It's still an interesting show. The only notable characters in it are from the gen of miracles, most notably Kuroko, Kise, Aomine, an Akashi.

Hunter x Hunter- godly masterpiece as well. I sure ****ing wish it would come back rom hiatus.

Honorable mentions-

Soul Eater (manga) pretty fun shonen, weird art style and dark atmosphere make it pretty fun. Characters are pretty good, but the author OBVIOUSLY had a hard on for freaking Black Star. In the whole series, black star being a side character got nearly as much screen time as maka and soul. He had the biggest part in almost all the final fights, he always overshadowed Death The Kid, who is an extreme fan favorite.i like to pretend the anime didn't happen.

Psyren- awesome series and good concept. Characters were pretty well developed, and it had an Interesting post apocalyptic setting (when they go to psyren). My only real qualm with the series is that the end was rushed.if it had had an anime, it could have done well. I don't think the author knew what to do with it though.

DeathNote (manga/anime) on my first time through, it was an epic series. Looking back now, it was ok. The characters weren't great. I prayed constantly for Misa to get hit by a ****ing bus. Light was OK. L was the highlight of the series. The last third was miserable. Near was ok, but I wanted to beat the **** out of Mello.

Attack on Titan (Manga) I would have listed it a one of my favorites until the most recent arc. It has became too political for my taste. The recent chapters finally explaining some stuff about titans has felt too supernatural for me. It just doesn't seem to fit. The anime has beautiful animation by Wit, and is overall a great experience.

My opinion on sword art online: it's sad when the abridged series (SWEabridged) has better characterization than your series. Way to **** up A-1 pictures. God I hate you.

In case anyone hasn't seen this beautiful abridged-

finalark

SNORLAX
Isn't it paradoxal to spite the new generation because they haven't been reading/watching for a long time ? Do you expect new readers to go through the whole history of manga before reading the contemporary works that are directly available to them via magazines/scans/tv/streams ? Have you ?

Of course people who lack experience will lack critical thinking too.
Obviously people who just started won't have seen highly influential series like MS Gundam or NGE. That being said, my point wasn't that people are wrong for liking stories that were new to them. I was just saying that for myself personally a lot of new stuff doesn't really have that much uniqueness.

With this same reasoning it's normal for you who has accumulated experience and developed critical thinking to be picky about the works you want to read/watch, and that's a good thing. It just means you have to look further than the front page of scan sites to find what you'll like. That's what I do and even though it takes some time I often stumble upon old gems or very underground stuff.
I also think that it's a generational thing. There was a hell of a lot less tolerance for mediocre or average works ten years ago or so. If SAO had come out in 2005 I can guarantee you it probably would have been met with a dismissive shrug. Hell, Mirai Nikki did come out ten years ago and back then manga readers greeted it with apathy.

Throwing on my analysis goggles here, I think this is because anime and manga had much more mainstream viability in the late 90s through the mid 2000s. Interestingly enough, this meant that the medium didn't have to appeal to niche otaku interests to survive. This allowed better anime and manga with more complex stories and characters to reach a wider audience. It's not uncommon for fans who started in the late 90s/early 2000s to have started with shows like Coyboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) or Gundam Wing.

TL;DR the scene isn't taking any direction, you're just a grumpy old man. It's ok for beginners to like simple stuff.
I disagree, the scene is certainly taking a direction towards appealing exclusively towards niche otaku interests now that anime and manga are no longer as widely appreciated as they once were. For example, if I was to go down a list of all anime from the 2010-2015 seasons and took a drink for each show that included at least three of the following elements: school setting, self-insert/invincible/"relatable" male protagonist with shaggy brown hair, and at least two one note girls that fill various anime archetypes I'd probably die half way through 2011.

The only reason why beginners like simple stuff is because higher quality works aren't being provided to them right off the bat.

I feel like Deathnote should have ended with L. Light and L are very strong characters and the entire thing driving the story is seeing the two smartest men the world locked in a battle of wits. Once L bites the dust the series desperate tries to recapture this with Near and Mellow only to fail miserably. Ohba really wrote himself into a corner with that one.

Interestingly enough, I actually didn't mind Misa when I reread the series a few months ago. I used to hate her when I was younger, but now I think she's actually a pretty solid character all things considered.

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I disagree, the scene is certainly taking a direction towards appealing exclusively towards niche otaku interests now that anime and manga are no longer as widely appreciated as they once were. For example, if I was to go down a list of all anime from the 2010-2015 seasons and took a drink for each show that included at least three of the following elements: school setting, self-insert/invincible/"relatable" male protagonist with shaggy brown hair, and at least two one note girls that fill various anime archetypes I'd probably die half way through 2011.
It sells, thus you see more of it.

Same with 08/15 ecchi stuff.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I started rewatching angel Beats. It's not as good as I remember, but it it is still pleasant.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What I rewatched recently was Golden Time.
my feels couldn't take it again,

finalark

SNORLAX
I started rewatching angel Beats. It's not as good as I remember, but it it is still pleasant.
Angel Beats was lots of fun. My only real issue with the series is that it completely loses the plot about half way through and then it never quite find it again.

But it spawned this guy so I can forgive it's shortcomings.

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
Durarara anyone?
yes! the plot twists in that anime was so unexpected at times. i need to catch up on the second season.

anyone else think the gots tv show is really awesome. the art. like wow.

i'm also glad gintama is back ;u;

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
The new Summer anime season has begun! What are your favourites so far? Gangsta is my personal favourite. Charlotte seems like a very promising anime from Key and Jun Maeda, have faith in him. Shimoneta is absolutely hilarious and filled with stupid sexual innuendos/references.

Still waiting for God Eater to air though. I can't wait to see some Alisa greatness mmmm.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I feel like Durarara doesn't compare to Baccano!
The first season of Durarara was decent as it had an interesting ensemble of characters, while the second season seemed kinda lackluster
Durarara's second season is split up into 3 parts though. 2nd part is currently airing this summer. 3rd part will air during the winter. :p

meebius

Smash Apprentice
Durarara's second season is split up into 3 parts though. 2nd part is currently airing this summer. 3rd part will air during the winter. :p
Yeah, the first cour kinda disappointed me and that doesn't give me high hopes for the other parts
Here's hoping that Durarara picks itself back up and doesn't end up with no budget from poor sales

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Yeah, the first cour kinda disappointed me and that doesn't give me high hopes for the other parts
Here's hoping that Durarara picks itself back up and doesn't end up with no budget from poor sales
I felt like the first-cour was mostly just set-up. The 2nd and 3rd cour will probably where things really get intense and plot-heavy. Durarara has always been a pretty 'slow' anime and takes a while to get to the really good parts. Hopefully it'll end up being worthwhile.

HanZee

Smash Rookie
Nothing beats the tear jerking Penguin Drum

Like seriously the anime is so goooood, the story is somewhat confusing but that's the beauty of it!

Also you need to watch all 8 hours of it at once because you'll just keep wanting more!

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

Like seriously the anime is so goooood, the story is somewhat confusing but that's the beauty of it!

Also you need to watch all 8 hours of it at once because you'll just keep wanting more!
Penguin Drum was quite the interesting watch. I loved the symbolism in the show although I had to look up a lot of them after I marathoned it. There's just so much meaning to the entire anime which is quite breathtaking.

Yuri Kuma Arashi is anime from the creator of Penguin Drum and also has lots of symbolism. I really enjoyed Yuri Kuma Arashi as well. Pretty underrated and under-watched, would recommend it if you're a fan of Penguin Drum.

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I read Ha Ill-kwons My Heart is Beating and Annarasumanara and it gave me actual Depression for a while.

Also Durarara Hype. :3

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Anyone else see that D. Grayman is coming back? took me by complete surprise

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Is Shimoneta supposed to be ironic as hell?
Because they talk about abolishing their prohibitions but everything they say (even so nonchalantly and pretending to turn it into "education") is censored.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Anyone else see that D. Grayman is coming back? took me by complete surprise
I really need to get into D. Gray-man but I'm glad to see it's finally coming back. Same goes for Berserk too.

Is Shimoneta supposed to be ironic as hell?
Because they talk about abolishing their prohibitions but everything they say (even so nonchalantly and pretending to turn it into "education") is censored.
Yeah it seems like they're doing that intentionally. xD Shimoneta is so great though, always kills me from laughter.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I read Ha Ill-kwons My Heart is Beating and Annarasumanara and it gave me actual Depression for a while.

Also Durarara Hype. :3
I remember reading anarasumanara a year ago and it was quite good, not depressing at all. It's the one about magic tricks isn't it ?

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
Ye, but it hit me pretty personally at that time.
Getting into adulthood, taking responsibility vs. being a child and dreaming.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea that was a good Manhwa. It did sorta hit me in the feels as well considering the problems I was going through (or made for myself -_-) when I was reading it.

I also read God of Bath from the same author x D. Now that was funny :D Plus it had its own message showcased in its own wacky way.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Now where do I read that? I mean I read Annarasumanara and God of Bath on Webtoon Live.

Last edited:

Suzie

The Epitome of an Unparalleled Knight

Mm, I agree with you! Penguindrum is one of my favorite animes actually, and once I started watching, I couldn't stop. The symbolism is really great and might be overlooked at first, but it's wonderful. The artstyle is lovely too.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Should try his other works too, My Heart is Beating was my fav. :3
My Heart is Beating was a pretty good read. It reminded of Onani Master Kurosawa in some ways. I really liked the epilogue/conclusion chapter; quite satisfying although...
I would've liked to see a confirmation that Sugu and Jiyu are actually dating now or a kiss at least. :p

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Finally watching DBZ since I never really watched it as a kid and never cared for it.
Using a filler guide to keep it strictly canon and not watch like 7 episodes of Gohan training.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Finally watching DBZ since I never really watched it as a kid and never cared for it.
Using a filler guide to keep it strictly canon and not watch like 7 episodes of Gohan training.
Did you ever watch Dragon Ball?

I actually enjoyed that series more; it was a bit more light-hearted, funny, and entertaining. Definitely less filler.

DBZ is excellent though, just takes a while sometimes to get the amazing stuff.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
But there's an official version that already does that : it's called TFS DBZ Abridged Dragon Ball Kai.

Top Bottom