• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC Controllers not being detected

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
I currently have PM on my SD card (2gb), and a SSBB iso on my usb. I'm loading it through CFG Loader, but whenever PM actually loads up, it stops reading inputs from any GC controller and only takes in inputs from the wii-mote. Any fixes?

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Have you tried a different GCN controller or different loader like USB loader GX? Might be an option your loader settings too.

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
I've tried several controllers, and they all work fine on other Wii's. I've heard USB loader gx isn't great, but I'll look into it

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
Just tried USB Loader GX, still not recognizing my controllers. Could it be something with my USB with Brawl in it?

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
Never had a problem with USB loader GX. If you have a question about it let me know.

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
Yeah I just tried it, it's still not detecting my controllers. I'm gonna try re-doing my USB. I'll let you know what happens

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
I haven't tried with dios mios, but they worked in both CFG loader and USB loader GX, so i'm assuming it's not an issue of the controllers themselves.

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
I would try with a cmios app like dios mios. Use something outside of the USB loader scene.

Arkib

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArkibTheDingus
Wow I found the fix, it was so dumb. I googled it, and apparently I just had to change the date of my wii because it stops reading GC ports after a certain date. When I checked my wii, it was set to 12/31/35, which confused me because i could've sworn i set it up to this current year.

Top Bottom