• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Jab is AMAZING

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I've said this in the Social Thread, I think, a while ago. But Ganon's jab is amazing. Why?

Now I don't know how effective this feature is in pro play, but I've had this work on several good players from both FG and a few on Smash Ladder.

Basically, when Ganon hits an opponent with Jab when they're near the edge and at a low %, they will slowly slide off the stage, allowing you to follow up with a spike. Believe it or not, but I've gotten several kills where I hit them with Jab at 0 %, they slide off, I hit a Dair, and they're dead. 0-death in 2 moves. And it feels so disrespectful. You're pretty much just pushing them off the stage and dunking them.

I don't know exactly how it works (how long they're stunned/when they're able to act after falling off, etc), but at least it can confuse the opponents long enough for you to spike them if they're not ready for it, apparently.

To show it off, here's a few examples I've recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNxzYmg7Ipw&feature=youtu.be

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
It's nice, I guess. But it requires an incredibly specific setup and only works in opponents who are autopiloting their recovery.

So yeah, it's disrespectful, but it's not particularly amazing.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
It works better when you can set it up out of flame choke. I murdered a good mewtwo last week in 3 moves by the ledge with this combination.

Top Bottom