• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's hardest/obscure match ups

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Hey G-mains, making this thread to go over a detailed constructive guide on Ganon's bad matchups. I think we can close the gaps on certain characters in strides. I just would like to know which matchups you guys consider to be his worse. I'll put my personal list but you're more than welcome to alter it.

1.) Fox Mcwin - Great extensions with normals, his shine is devastating at the highest level combined with his exceptional recovery.
2.) Flako - Almost the same caliber as Fox, but added lasers provide alot of pressure and can be negated with his heavy combo strings, coupled along with double shining.
3.) Sheik - Chaingrabbing galore, her f-tilts if placed right and done correctly can completely shut down Ganon's advancements.
4.) Puff - Guaranteed rest set ups. Can easily edge guard Ganon with her aerial abilities.
5.) Falcon - Raw speed, has a psuedo chaingrab and Ganon's weight makes his the perfect combo food. Though he's not overly difficult for Ganon he can present problems for the dark lord.

The purpose of this thread is to come up with a contingency plan to exploit these characters weaknesses and to come up with a more soluble resolution for the meta of 2017. I'll do a follow up post that explains what is already generally known and agreed upon.

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Fox - ASDI shines (still susceptible to wave shining and follow ups) If you're getting DD camped, the best approach is actually not to throw out aerials in the hope that Fox will come at you blindly. The best method is to possibly DD camp back and wait for Fox to (cause he eventually has to) come to you. Your reaction time has to be on point. Learning pivots jabs and tilts is a great way to mitigate micro spacing especially when you feel an approach coming. One you pin Fox down. DO NOT let him go. Easier said than done, but if you negate his movement, he'll struggle alot. This theory also applies to when he grabs the ledge since both spacies struggle with ledge options. Their only saving grace is to invincible ledge dash or ledge platform dash. Grabs need to be utilized to the fullest if successful. CG's are easier to maintain once Fox is above 35%. Will write more later on this later, but right now Spidey needs his beauty sleep. lol

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Flako - Lasers are a pain since he has so many follow ups to contest any of Ganon's approaches, but its always important to remember that Ganon can curl into a ball with his dj, curve horizontally with his fair and bair. ASDI away from the direction Falco is facing, sure you'll have to deal with neutral again but at least you're not susceptible to getting combo'd. His recovery is lackluster, so once you get him off the stage he should be done, but don't hastily go out there and attack, he can still get away with a bit of thought and effort. Jabbing side b is tricky, cause he can clip the top of Ganon's head to avoid the jab entirely. Uair is probably much better and well net you the same results.

Do not get flustered by his shine approaches and DBL shines (Linguini demonstrates how to asdi grab double shines) Dash attacks are a godsend in this match up as well. It ****s with his lasers game hard if you're able to read the shl. Remember, he's completely vulnerable once he commits to jumping to shoot the laser (hit him as he's jumping) Jabs can be obnoxious but shouldn't be too relied on as you're able to get fsmash in the nuts. Stand your ground and play to Ganon's strength. Will at more context lster, at Tipman's getting my ass kicked. xD

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
For Puff, just get below her and out space with bair and uair. Puff players will chew you up if you're too offensive but playing patiently and defensively helps in the long haul. Make Jiggs approach you and stay under platforms, she's really weak there. Refrain from using laggy moves because then you will get hit with a rest. I don't think Puff has rest combos against Ganon except for the usual: reading rolls, up-tilt combos, tech chases and jab resets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom