• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've never heard of AQuake. If you're talking about Murder Quake (in fact, if you're unsure about the names of any of Ganon's moves, just add "murder" in front of whatever he's doing, and you probably won't be wrong).... then no. Murder Quake is pretty useless.

Zhouten I'm down to play whenever I'm online. If I'm on then I'm usually bumming around in AIB ladder or free play chat. Hit me up if you ever see me. I'll probably be on sometime tonight.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Sooooo tournament in 16 hours. I'm pumped. Someone plans on bringing a capture card, so I might be able to show the world my stuff, Ganon included. Time to shine!

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
I've never heard of AQuake. If you're talking about Murder Quake (in fact, if you're unsure about the names of any of Ganon's moves, just add "murder" in front of whatever he's doing, and you probably won't be wrong).... then no. Murder Quake is pretty useless.

Zhouten I'm down to play whenever I'm online. If I'm on then I'm usually bumming around in AIB ladder or free play chat. Hit me up if you ever see me. I'll probably be on sometime tonight.
Alright awesome. I may have cleared my friend's list the last time I played, so I'll probably have to readd everyone. I also got a new code, but that was quite a while ago. Just in case it's not the one you have, it's on my AiB profile. I'll also try to be on tonight DLA, thanks!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Alright I'm gonna get online in about 45 minutes. I'll add you and Kalm again once I'm on.
Okay. I just updated my friend code on SWF, add the one that's currently

<------------------- to the left

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I just updated my friend code on SWF, add the one that's currently

<------------------- to the left
Oh gosh... I am such a noob. I've forgotten that SWF even did that with friend codes, lol. Well it's updated now, sorry about that! And I'm online now, btw.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
GGs Zhouten, I gotta go to a friend's house. You're still crazy good man. You 0-deathed me the very first stock and I'm like "ohhhh right it's Zhouten". Lol. Your Ganon is very smart--you're great with reads, and you don't double jump or roll unnecessarily. Which is really important. Start going to tournaments and I guarantee you'll do great. Oh and I like your Wario too.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, you're right.

@Supreme: I didn't even realize who you were, or that you'd even be there, haha.
Yeah I only realized you were there late-ish into the tourney. You know that guy who set up Brawl- near the end? That was me.

Also am I seeing a Ganon revolution? A pity I hate this game now. Can't be bothered to care about it at all.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
GGs Zhouten, I gotta go to a friend's house. You're still crazy good man. You 0-deathed me the very first stock and I'm like "ohhhh right it's Zhouten". Lol. Your Ganon is very smart--you're great with reads, and you don't double jump or roll unnecessarily. Which is really important. Start going to tournaments and I guarantee you'll do great. Oh and I like your Wario too.
Good games indeed! I actually did surprise myself a bit, especially when I won against your Sheik. But I still have a long way to go to catch up. Didn't even beat your Ganon with mine once, lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Zhouten the only reason I was winning was because I have a ridiculous amount of Ganon ditto experience. There were several games that you outplayed me and would have won if I didn't know all of the dumb*** stuff that Ganon can do to another Ganon lol. I was impressed.

Though taking a long break may make you forget some stuff about tech skill and MUs, and maybe make your move choice a bit rusty, I'm convinced that players will never forget their playstyle once they learn it. The "good" options to take during a match in '09 were the same as they are today in '12--if you had an effective playstyle back then, then you'll still do great today. The fundamentals never really evolve--all you need to do now is get more MU experience, because that's the part of the game that has changed since you last played.

IMO you're still one of the smartest Ganons out there, and if you start going to tournaments then you'll make it on the top 5 list very fast.

:phone:

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to hate relearning the Falco MU lol. I used to know it so well because my clan mentor-type person only played him, and I practically played him every day. Made me hate Falco, for sure.

I actually have little experience offline in the competitive scene though. Almost all of my practice has been on wifi which is unfortunate, but I'm sure it'll be fine. I would still like some more practice before I start doing more tourneys, so I'll probably get back into AiB soon.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Honestly if you have the means to go to tournaments right now, then I'd really recommend just going, instead of just opting to practice on wifi instead. Florida is one of the best smash states, and any tournament there will be much better practice than anyone can give you on a crappy wifi connection.

Even if you go to a tournament and choke, you'll still learn a lot from the experience. Play lots of friendlies...most people are glad to help. People love fighting good Ganondorfs.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I've been in Orlando pretty much my whole life, lol. And will do, DLA. I'll try finding some tournaments starting maybe next month!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Anybody live in Corning, NY? :D :D :D

...No? ..okay... foreveralone.png
dude, isnt new york like the biggest city in america? I'm fairly sure theres lots of people in that area XD
now the uk...The nearest player is about 120 miles away and where he lives is downright impossible to reach by car
feelsbadman.jpg

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Where I live, the nearest player is my brother, 10 feet away, or a couple dudes who live 45 minutes away, or the nearest real smash scene, which is 2 and a half hours away.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah I only realized you were there late-ish into the tourney. You know that guy who set up Brawl- near the end? That was me.
Oh. I guess we'll ditto the next tournament we're at.

Alright I'm gonna get online in about 45 minutes. I'll add you and Kalm again once I'm on.
Sorry about that, couldn't go on the whole week. I think I'll be able to come on sometime near the end of the next week - I'll message/PM you to let you know.

Don't go away now -_-.

Top Bottom