• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Bahamut the only things I'd consider "flaws" in your playstyle are that you miss space your Gerudos and mostly your Aerudos, they are also is little predictable, overusing ledge hop Uairs, and badly spaced fairs. On the bright side I'm seeing some better tactics like using uair on stage hitting with the tipman. That is very good and can follow up in several things at mid percents. It's also fairly safe since the hitbox in only frames away from the autocancel frames. I also liked how you followed up after the Wolf airdodged through your uair, although nair is usually the faster more effective choice it probably wouldn't kill like the fair.

Ok some characters specifics. For Wario, full hop nair is almost a bane for wario, especially the second lingering hitbox which allows for a uair follow up and maybe an Aerudo. Kalm's match above demonstrates nairs effectiveness. Reverse retreating uair ***** Wario's chances at dair bombing you as well. Ganon can only really grab Wario out of a mindgame so if you predict a fair approach then run away and use a pivot grab. That will make him resort to using dair bombing which that uair and nair already have covered ;) Keep in mind that if you land a gerudo you might want to ftilt or jab ratner than dtilt follow up him. If he DI's inward then your dtilt won;t hit. And if he's just standing there holding his bite open, roll behind him and dash grab, if he's expecting it after you do it to him once or twice, use an fsmash to face :D

Verm and I share to dislike of the Bowser MU as his SideB and UpB mix-ups build our rage-meter. Thankfully Boozer is really tall so all of out aerials hit him. I find myself using uair and spaced dtilt A LOT in this MU. Like with Wario, using Ganon's tipman retreat in very good for Bowser as he cannot get a grab from it and keeps you safe from his pesky OoS options. Did I mention we Mindgame his recovery crazy badly? Bowser has three options we recovering horizontally. He can do it the traditional way which is asking for a drop fair or a dair. If he's expecting that he may UpB early and onto the stage. If you use Ganon's sexy predictions of darkness then you can SH DownB his recovery, I like this better than dair because it sends him at an angle and unable to tech it, and it's ultra cool flashy to just stand there and DownB spike him while looking Ultra Ganon cool. If you jump off after him he may use a fair to intercept, airdodge, or UpB sooner than you expected. Space his fair and double jump dair him, wait for the airdodge if he likes it and punish with double jump dair as well. But if he UpB's sooner than expected, you're most likely going to have to predict it. Double jump back to the ledge predicting an UpB, ledge hop a DownB for a smexy spike. Also, don't let Bowser rule the air. Don't go all air attack aggro but let him know who's boss in that domain.

Wolf is easy for me but he does have mix-ups from his usually schemes. If you're in fsmash distance, try randomly throwing out a dair. It's pretty safe and you can shield right when you land to shield grab him if he tries to punish with an fsmash if he didn't right into your boots. If he doesn't know that reflector and bair OoS are amazing and just rolls behind you. predict it and go for a dair. if he's landing and you see an opportunity to punish, don't. Only if you ABSOLUTELY KNOW it will hit then do it. He'll most likely try to shield or roll behind you. Dair would handle the roll and use whatever you think would work on his shield, I like to stand there and wait for something. On a side Note, Wolf has a really crappy fastfall, it's the same speed as his regular fall. Dair and usmash will kill sooner than you'd expect if he could actually momentum cancel.

Mother Starfire

Smash Rookie
That was a good match in that Blad01 vs. King vid. Now I noticed they were using up tilt a few times. Yeah, I don't know why they bother with that as its execution time is way too long, making it unlikely at best that it will land. At the beginning, I saw a Warlock Punch thrown, something that should never be bothered with despite its admirable power. P3 got careless at the end with f-air off-stage and got edge-hogged. Yeah, Ganon does his best edge guarding on stage. I hope newcomers to Ganondorf will learn this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom