• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Custom Moves

Booster

Smash Lord
No body said ALL custom moves will be illegal in tournaments. I'm sure OP ones would but not all of them, also it could be that a standard special is OP and can be replaced by a non-OP custom special. than we should ban the OP standard move, no?
The sword doesn't seem overpowered, it deals slightly less damage then Warlock Punch but has extra distance due to a lunge.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The sword doesn't seem overpowered, it deals slightly less damage then Warlock Punch but has extra distance due to a lunge.
It actually looks pretty bad.

Compare it to Duck Hunt's forward smash (below), Duck Hunt launches it faster and with much more range without making contact with the opponent.

0:46 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diAOHeVcB1Q

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
It actually looks pretty bad.

Compare it to Duck Hunt's forward smash (below), Duck Hunt launches it faster and with much more range without making contact with the opponent.

0:46 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diAOHeVcB1Q
But you forgot something important... that attack from dog seems just to rack up dmg.... unlike ganon swrod who looks like a finisher

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
But you forgot something important... that attack from dog seems just to rack up dmg.... unlike ganon swrod who looks like a finisher
Slow moves are usually never finishers. If that Duck Hunt smash has KO potential, it would KO more often or have more possibilities of KOs than Ganon's custom Warlock stab.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I return and find I have 63 alerts... So, Ganondorf can use his sword as a custom move that has more range, but weaker. It looks like it has more lateral range since it's a sword and not a fist empowered by magic. Also, like Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch looks much faster. In general, slower characters look faster, but Ganondorf's like on speed in SSB4 compared to Brawl and not only that, he reminds me of Ike in Brawl. Slow, but extremely powerful characters. I guess Ike and Ganondorf really did hit the gym.

Anyway, I kind of expected the sword to be a Flame Choke custom that would act as a lunge similar to Devil May Cry Dante's Stinger - I couldn't find any gifs for some reason.

It has the similar motion except Dante will thrust while Ganondorf does a quick grab motion, but with some slight animation changes, it would turn into a stabbing motion.

CarlGreenhat

Smash Rookie
I return and find I have 63 alerts... So, Ganondorf can use his sword as a custom move that has more range, but weaker. It looks like it has more lateral range since it's a sword and not a fist empowered by magic. Also, like Falcon Punch, Warlock Punch looks much faster. In general, slower characters look faster, but Ganondorf's like on speed in SSB4 compared to Brawl and not only that, he reminds me of Ike in Brawl. Slow, but extremely powerful characters. I guess Ike and Ganondorf really did hit the gym.

Anyway, I kind of expected the sword to be a Flame Choke custom that would act as a lunge similar to Devil May Cry Dante's Stinger - I couldn't find any gifs for some reason.

It has the similar motion except Dante will thrust while Ganondorf does a quick grab motion, but with some slight animation changes, it would turn into a stabbing motion.
Ora maybe he could use the horizontal slash from Twilight Princess http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1f3mgS8HJo (around 1:11)

Last edited:

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is back in Smash 4, and he certainly hosts a number of improvements! I've already played as him for a while, so I figured I'd discuss his changes:
-Generally speedier than Brawl. Less laggy aerials. Just much better than Brawl in so many ways.
-His standard B is actually occassionally usable now, as it has damn good super armor.
-His side B is possibly impossible to Ganoncide with, and now drops the opponent straight down and not at an angle.
-His down B is mostly the same on the ground, but goes at more of a straight angle in the air, and has a meteor smash effect to it, making it a solid finisher.
-He retains many Brawl changes, a notable one being no jump repleting after a down b. This doesn't affect much, though, as it is easy to recover in this game.
But where Ganondorf really shines is his custom moves, because holy hell, some of these are excellent. All of these can be unlocked by playing Classic Mode with Ganondorf. In order:
Custom B 2: Similar to his normal B, but with a sword that greatly extends the range of the attack, and comes out a little faster. It loses some power, but with the super armor and range, its a very, very usable move in combat.
Custom B 3: A sort of in between of his normal B and Custom B 2. In between range, power, and speed. Has a magic effect to it.
Custom Up B 2: See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65FnotezJd0, I start hitting with it around a minute it. Has the same height as the normal Up B, however, this starts with a circle of meh damage at the start of the jump, and at the apex of the jump, has an almost knee-like knockback effect. At high percents, these two hits combo into eachother, often being able to finish off a character. It's a really, really good attack when used correctly.
Custom Up B 3: Two short jumping hugs. Admitably, I haven't found a real use for this yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's something to it I haven't figured out.
Custom Side B 2: Shorter range than the default, but instead of slamming the opponent down, blasts them off with a lot of knockback at a diagnol angle. This could be very, very useful, though I personally prefer his next one.
Custom Side B 3: Doesn't grab the opponent. Instead, pushes them with multi-hitting lightning effects with decent knockback. You know how in Project M, Ganondorf's Side B is great for entering into a tough situation? This is a hundred times better. It eats through shields. It knocks in opponent off the side of the stage, readying them for an aerial attack. It is an excellent, excellent move.
Custom Down B 2: Trades the purple looks for blue, and hits at much more of an angle. Ganondorf jumps airborn if on the ground before using it. This is great for moving Ganondorf around, though it isn't quiet as useful as it would be since Ganondorf doesn't regain his jumps after a down b. Still, a lot of potential with this attack.
Custom Down B 3: My custom move of choice. It loses some power and gains some start up time, but hits at more of a straight down angle in the air, making it excellent at meteor smashing, and covers more distance when used on the ground. Combined with Custom Side B 3, this can really lead to some unique mix up options.
Overall, these are some incredibly good options. Furthermore, should you use equipment, simply give Ganondorf a small +Speed -Power piece to get him back to Melee/Project M speed. I found him comfortable at +21 speed -14 attack, and a piece like this could be obtained very, very easily. This won't change too much, though, so should equipment be banned, it won't change things much.
My personal set up is as follows:
+21 Speed - 14 Attack
Custom B 2
Custom Up B 2
Custom Side B 3
Custom Down B 3
This provides a Ganondorf with a ton of mixup options and a lot of ways of entering a hostile situation. I will likely have video up tomorrow, if not, I will possibly be streaming again with who I played with last night. Many viewers agreed that this Custom Ganondorf not only looked fun to play, but was an incredibly good character.

Folt

Smash Ace
4!Ganondorf sounds better and better the more I hear about him. Can't wait to try out those custom moves myself.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
As someone who was praying for a good Ganondorf this warms my heart. Thanks for showing off his custom up B. Could you do the same with his other moves?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
As someone who was praying for a good Ganondorf this warms my heart. Thanks for showing off his custom up B. Could you do the same with his other moves?
I played with someone on GAF who was streaming, an archive should be available later. I'd record the other moves, but I think people would rather just get the direct feed than wait for me to upload a crappy phone quality video of it. Plus this way you'll see the moves in actual combat, instead of seeing me spamming against the crappy AI :p.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I played with someone on GAF who was streaming, an archive should be available later. I'd record the other moves, but I think people would rather just get the direct feed than wait for me to upload a crappy phone quality video of it. Plus this way you'll see the moves in actual combat, instead of seeing me spamming against the crappy AI :p.
Works for me.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Custom B 3: A sort of in between of his normal B and Custom B 2. In between range, power, and speed. Has a magic effect to it.
So, it's like some kind of energy wave? Sounds cool!

Thanks for all this moves, Ganondorf seems really better than in Brawl. That wasn't an hard task, though... :troll:

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
So, it's like some kind of energy wave? Sounds cool!

Thanks for all this moves, Ganondorf seems really better than in Brawl. That wasn't an hard task, though... :troll:
No problem! It looks like an energy wave, but it shares mostly the same animation as his punch. Really, all these custom moves use slightly tweaked animations and effects from the normal moveset instead of original ones. Although, I will say, they do look pretty damn cool.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Great post! I can't wait to try Ganondorf out, especially if he's better this time around =P

ten Busch

Smash Cadet
Looks like Ganondorf will actually be usable again! (I hated how butchered he was in Brawl)
Will more than likely use his Custom B 2 just because we can finally use a sword with him now.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great thread, but can you elaborate more on his up B custom 3? Does he make to small jumps that can grab the opponent, or does he do two attacks upon hitting the opponent. If the hops are low enough, can it feasibly be used as sort of a quick air grab that can hit grounded opponents?

Big_Slim

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-4076-0803
Really interested in seeing SideB 3. How big are the multi-hit hitboxes?

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
You had me nervous there Ganon. Some of the first gameplay I saw of ya looked eerily similar to Brawl. Ganondorf is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, but he was SOO not fun to play in Brawl. Good to see that they gave him these much needed buffs.

Question is, if Ganondorf IS better, who will take his place on the bottom of the tier list? Is a DEFINITIVE tier list even possible with these customizable movesets?

ten Busch

Smash Cadet
Question is, if Ganondorf IS better, who will take his place on the bottom of the tier list? Is a DEFINITIVE tier list even possible with these customizable movesets?
I assume the "offiicial" tier list will be standard-moves only. I think that Jigglypuff (if her OP-rest isn't back) and Zelda have good chances of being low tier.

Last edited:

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
I assume the "offiicial" tier list will be standard-moves only. I think that Jigglypuff (if her OP-rest isn't back) and Zelda have good chances of being low tier.
Very true. I love Zelda, so this brings TIERS to my eyes :(
Why does Zelda have to be so bad always? Don't care much for Puff though.

Last edited:

ten Busch

Smash Cadet
This personally bugs me most because Zelda uses her TP-design and was actually powerful in that game. If it was Skyward Sword or OoT Zelda i wouldnt care much about her being powerful...I think her Din's fire is buffed though? Maybe that and her having a real Down-B now will give her a better chance. Would be nice to not have a Zelda character as lowest-tier this time around.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
This personally bugs me most because Zelda uses her TP-design and was actually powerful in that game. If it was Skyward Sword or OoT Zelda i wouldnt care much about her being powerful...I think her Din's fire is buffed though? Maybe that and her having a real Down-B now will give her a better chance. Would be nice to not have a Zelda character as lowest-tier this time around.
That always stunk. In Brawl, Toon Link was the only one that seemed to be any good in terms of tiers. I don't really pay much attention to tiers when choosing my mains, and I'm fine with Toon Link, but the genuine article and the others being so low always rubbed me the wrong way. Not only that, but WHY did they stick with TP Zelda? Skyward Sword Zelda was really interesting. If they had used her and Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, i'd have been completely satisfied with their portrayals. It's okay the way they are, but I just hope they get the necessary buffs.

But SOMEBODY's gotta be at the bottom right?

Looking at you, Puff.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Zelda is not bad, but her risk/reward gameplay requires precision, and I guess this is the reason why she isn't really good on the competitive scene. But this time, her lighting kicks are easy to land, Melee style, so I guess she will also leave the infamous "Hyrule tier".

Oort

Smash Cadet
Do the alternate side-Bs seem like they'll give us any frame advantage like the OG gerudo does?
It's really starting to sound like side-b selection will have a huge impact on our play and even our matchups.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Do the alternate side-Bs seem like they'll give us any frame advantage like the OG gerudo does?
It's really starting to sound like side-b selection will have a huge impact on our play and even our matchups.
The one that launches, no. It's similar to the original with a distance change I think, and it launches the opponent outward at an upward diagonal angle.

The other one remains to be seen. I watched the stream last night and it seemed amazing off the bat. It's also not bad near the edge since if you use grounded Ganondorf won't fly off the edge and go helpless.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I can (somewhat) lay that fear to rest. Zelda can sweetspot a lot easier now. Her UP-B reappearance is a killmove, starting it directly next to somebody combos into the reappearance if you teleport straight up, also it now snaps to the ledge mid-teleport, so no more selfkilling/getting hit because oyu teleport too fare up. Phantom seems kinda useless atm, but i think it will make for a good meatshield against people spamming projectiles, as it blocks those. Downair has a sweetspot too and i think it spikes.

Oh and the best part about all of this: Bair sweetspot kills medium enemies (and sometimes heavies on smaller stages if you follow over the ledge) BELOW 100%! Which, trust me, isn't easy to do in this game. Especially with a noncharged spammable move. Oh and she obviously benefits from faster groundgame, better fastfalling and lower landinglag. I don't think she will be trashtier again.

As for Jiggs, her rest kills at 60% on the ground, 50% when you hit somebody relatively high in the air. Also what seems to be a sweetspot on her bair...it hits like a truck starting from 80%, but it comes at the cost of the "Wall of Pain" I believe someone called it. That repeated shorthop bair thing. Bair just has too much knockback now.

BTT: Niceley done getting all custom options so fast! Damn my brother will LOVE this, and I am going to cry because of it. I really need to step up my game this incarnation, if i don't want to get oneshot left and right by Dorf or Ike...

Last edited:

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
At first I really didn't think Ganondorf would be good again, it was probably due to watching bad ganondorf players who don't normally play him... But from what I'm seeing and reading it sounds like he'll be better and I'm definitely going to main him and have few other secondaries.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
About to show off the broken custom moves of Ganondorf on Makai's stream. Hitbox.tv/Makai

SaburoDaimando

Smash Rookie
So Ganon went from being dead-last to Holy*CENSORED* tier.

Can't wait to unlock him and kick that Blue Hedgehog's Butt with him.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Hey thanks for doing this. I'm liking the attention CM's are getting. And Ganondorf is looking good.

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf is back in Smash 4, and he certainly hosts a number of improvements! I've already played as him for a while, so I figured I'd discuss his changes:
-Generally speedier than Brawl. Less laggy aerials. Just much better than Brawl in so many ways.
-His standard B is actually occassionally usable now, as it has damn good super armor.
-His side B is possibly impossible to Ganoncide with, and now drops the opponent straight down and not at an angle.
Erm. What? That's how it worked in brawl and I've gotten plenty of Ganoncides this way.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Neon Togepi's demonstration is up
I can't post a link yet, so...
hitbox tv video 258509
It's the URL he gave us. Saturday Marathon 1
some nice demonstrations around 1h20m I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom