• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf MU Chart v3

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hail, idols of imprecation.

It's that time when the council of Ganons must convene to discuss Ganondorf in the context of Brawl under risibly false pretexts of Ganon being bad so that me may continue to subvert those so arrogant as to challenge under these very pretexts.

Right now for the panel, we currently have DLA, Bloodynite and myself. I'm open to anyone who wants to join joining, but I do have very strong preferences for who's on the panel and who's not, so please don't be offended or feel slighted if the panel remains at this static three.

The primary criteria for panelists I'd like are:

-Uses (or used in relatively recent times) Ganondorf for a majority of their tournament matches
-Has experience fighting a majority of the cast as Ganon against competent representatives
-Has at the very least a few notable wins as Ganondorf in tournament or MM

The reason for all of these is to keep the MU information as accurate as possible. If a person were on the panel who'd only fought a small sample of the cast and not necessarily against skilled opponents, then the information would be skewed. I may be wrong, but to my knowledge, no other such Ganons exist currently or aren't currently active since our board is mostly non-Ganon mains at the moment. If I am wrong, and you <do> feel you meet this criteria, PM me with how you feel you meet the above criteria.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd really like to help with this. None of you guys have seen my Ganondorf yet unfortunately but a friend of mine is in the BBR and he can vouch for it. If that's not enough to convince I may even bother to actually get some videos uploaded. Anyway, I'm actually experienced with the character in some match-ups where you guys may need somebody to debate [I know Diddy Kong, Wario, ROB, Ness, Peach, Marth, DK, Luigi and Yoshi the best].

Also, please don't judge my discussion skills on my posts in the tier list thread. I mainly post there to troll people but when it comes to serious discussion you can count definitely on me. Not only have I taken part in the creation of the last MU chart [for Wolf] but I've also been nominated for it this time as well. I also play mafia so my discussion skills are definitely on par. And I'm always active so there's no reason to not let me help you unless you think my Ganon is terrible and my experience worth naught [or you just don't want me to join I guess].

I'd definitely appreciate if you'd consider me for it.

Edit: Nvm, I don't really have any "notable" tourney win with him.

:059:

C.J.

Smash Master
FWIW, I can vouch for Gheb being good at conversation when he wants to be.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I feel that Gheb could be an asset. I really wish Fonz was active enough to take part, he always has valuable insight. Vex might also be a good choice but IIRC he kinda ditched us last year didn't he?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
My Ganon is the ****, but I don't have any videos or other ways to prove it and I am just a random noob from Finland so I won't even bother.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Seconded, for Dueler has probably been the most active euro brawler this year and he regularly uses Janon in serious situations.

Though the decision to apply is his and he already is part of the GW panel, I feel like he would be a great asset to your panel.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
No offense to Dueler since I like him personally. But he was scared to Ganon ditto Verm and me at Apex last year (his words, not mine). I'm assuming Verm is aware of this, and when you add the fact that Verm beat his G&W in pools last year, I'm guessing it'll be pretty hard to convince him to let Dueler be on the panel.

It's not my intention to put Dueler on blast or anything, especially he hasn't even posted in this thread... I'm just saying that he still has a lot to prove to the Ganon boards.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Everyone has something they could bring to the discussion, but like I said, I just want to be convinced that those involved in the discussion are intimately acquainted with Ganon. I'm still open to adding new people and having a full 5-person panel, but I just want to be confident that the panel's not going to be a pure theorycrafting battle. Theorycrafting invariably stifles any productivity. So like I said, you don't <have> to meet all the criteria, but if you feel you could be valuable, PM me and tell me whatcha got.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do Gheb, Dueler X, or Vex even fit these at all?
I think none of us three fit the first criterion. But who really does? Even DLA doesn't use Ganon in the majority of his tourney sets anymore. And I think Vex' skill is not up to debate anyway so in his case it's mainly a question of how active he is going to be. Keep in mind too, that Dueler and I are already part of a panel so if our input is needed in any way we could still contribute at times without necessarily being part of the Ganon panel. But right now I'm the only one out of us three that actively volunteered to take part in the discussions anyway. We don't even know whether Dueler and Vex are interested at all [though I'd definitely contact at least Vex about it].

:059:

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I'm a ganon,but without experience...you must put into consideration of dorficide...or else...Please correct me if I'm wrong,but did I make that up???
the reason he dies first I think is because his hand is on the other character,and his hurtbox crosses first somehow...

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's been Ganoncide since 08. And most (if not all) characters have limbs or some other part of their bodies crossing the blast zone before Ganon's hand does. It's just really poor design on the devs' parts that Ganon automatically dies first or goes to sudden death.

GoV

Smash Cadet
After having left Allisbrawl due to some issues with certain people I've been competing in tourneys in my country. Having used Ganon (also other characters, of course) and placing pretty decently, I would love to offer my insight into Ganon as I have also mained him since '08 and still do these days. However, as I'm not too active anymore, I'm still probably the most active and currently the best Euro Ganon at this very moment (and currently have the "title" as best Ganon in my country). I've got a huge amount of experience from playing the best Dutch smashers including Mr-R and Orion (American) with Ganon and lots of other people and characters.

So yeah, want some Europe Ganon insight? Then I'll be here.

Top Bottom