• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Ledge Dash Guide

Kerthorok

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerthorok
Hello, I'm a fairly new player to Melee coming over from Smash 4. I currently main Ganondorf, and I seem to have gotten most of the fundamentals down perfectly except ledge dashing with Ganondorf. Is there a good guide or video on how to do this? I don't have any problems doing this with other characters, just Ganondorf. Thanks.

Toa Idar

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if there are any tutorials for how to do it on the web.

The trick is to drop from ledge and imidiatly double jump and hold in towards the stage.
The double jump has to be the regular version. Not the backwards double jump.
If you don't input the airdodge, Ganon will NIL (No Impact Land). It is around the timing he will land you want to input the airdodge.

Since Ganon's ECB (Environment Collision Box) is so busted you can input the airdodge while holding a full horizontal direction for max distance on your ledgedashes.

Abusing this you can also do safe RLD (Reverse Ledgedash AKA. Hax Dash) by holding diagonaly up when airdodge so if you miss the timing you will regrab ledge instead of dying.

Hope this helps :)

Top Bottom