• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally: In Progress (Replacement Signups Help!)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Rules Document

Signup Sheet

Bracket

I don't think I need to say much this time around. By now, I believe Ganondorf's name speaks for itself.

As I promised a long time ago, I made preparations for the 3rd and hopefully best iteration of this online Ganon tournament series. Everything you need to know is in the above links, so please put yourself on the signup sheet if you wish to enter. Share them wherever you like and try to bring in more participants! Questions or communication can be left either in this thread, messaging me on Twitter, or by leaving a comment on the Rules Document. And of course, tag people who you think should see this.

Tentative Start Date: August 24th, 2015 0:00 PST

@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm @Blobface @ Z1GMA Z1GMA @Swoops @ Koskinator Koskinator @Zhouten @ Xinc Xinc @adom4

Rules
  • Entrants must bear proof of wielding the Triforce of Power
  • Wii-U tournament. 3DS matches are not allowed.
  • Best of 3, Grand Finals Best of 5
  • 3 Stock, 7 Minutes
  • Double Elimination
  • You have 3 weeks to arrange matches when Round 1 starts, 2 weeks for Round 2, 1 week for subsequent rounds.
  • Losers Round 1 starts simultaneously with Round 2. Should be completed within the same time frame, and subsequent Losers Rounds to be completed in 1 week.
  • If an extension is needed, participants must send the tournament organizer a specific date by which their matches will be completed. You may leave a comment on this document in order to do that. Alternatively contact me on twitter or Smashboards.
With mutual agreement, players may disregard the rules below
  • Customs OFF
  • Items OFF
  • Refer to Stage List below. Decide Starter Stage with http://roshambo.me/ Arrange counterpicks with Name Tags (suggested below) or before starting your matches.
  • If a stage agreement is not made, players will default to Ω Skyloft

Stages:

Starter:
Battlefield 戦場 (BF)
Ω Battlefield 戦場 (O-BF)
Final Destination 終点 (FD)
Smashville すま村 (SV)
Ω Smashville すま村 (O-SV)
Ω Skyloft スカイロフト (O-SL)

Counterpick:
Most Omega Stages
Castle Siege 攻城戦 (CS)
Delphino Plaza ドルピックタウン (DP)
Dream Land 64 プププラ ンド (DL64)
Duck Hunt ダックハント (DH)
Halberd 戦艦ハルバード (HB)
Kongo Jungle コンゴジャングル (KJ)
Lylat Cruise ライラットクルーズ (LC)
Skyloft スカイロフト (SL)
Town and City 村と街 (TC)

Banned:
Regular Stages not listed above
Ω Pyrosphere パイロスフィア (nobody likes the stage lip)
Ω Castle Siege 攻城戦 (on the right side of the stage, there’s sometimes an obstruction to the camera)

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sure, but I won't be able to start until after 8/7.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I don't have a working GC Controller atm, so I'm sitting this one out ;/

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I'm game for this.

Embarrassingly though, my tablet can't do anything on the signup sheet because it's just terribad.

Name: Sykkamorre
NNID: Sykkamor
Country of residence: UK
Preferred days: Any, Really.
Times: 12 PM - 3 AM
Proffered communcation method: Smashboards (Sykkamorre) Skype (Sykka Morre)

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I'm signed up and ready to rumble (actually I'll be training for a while but I should be ready anyways)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Can I make the case for bo5 throughout, A2? I don't think we are pressured by time constraints in the same way that a traditional tournament is. I would hate to only get 2 games vs. Kalm or Gungnir if I played them, haha.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Can I make the case for bo5 throughout, A2? I don't think we are pressure by time constraints in the same way that a traditional tournament is. I would hate to only get 2 games vs. Kalm or Gungnir if I played them, haha.
I don't think I understood your question. This tournament however is planned to be double elimination.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I don't think I understood your question. This tournament however is planned to be double elimination.
I meant can we make it best of five throughout the entire tournament instead of only in finals, to get more games in (and more reliable placements, too). Considering how strange Ganon dittos are and how quickly they can end, I just think it would be cool to have longer sets.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well I did already make it 3 stock instead of 2 stock...so the games themselves will be a bit longer anyway. Not too keen on changing my mind about the rules at this point.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Same situation as Sykkamore.
Name: Garioshi
NNID: Garioshi
Country of residence: USA
Preferred days: Any
Times: Any until September, then 3:00 PM - 12:00 PM
Proffered communcation method: GameFAQs (Garioshi), Skype (Garioshi)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I personally prefer three stocks, best of three. Two stocks makes the matches too short, while best of five makes the set too long. Just my two cents.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
3 stock also has the advantage of nerfing Ganoncide slightly, which to a small extent reinforces conservative play on the last stock. So more of your match is less likely to be completely swung by the first KO.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , we're receiving a tournament patch upgrade this Friday, will you be able to adjust this tournament to use the format?

@ Vermanubis Vermanubis wanted to asked you. You didn't participate in the last tournament, will you attend this one?

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , we're receiving a tournament patch upgrade this Friday, will you be able to adjust this tournament to use the format?

@ Vermanubis Vermanubis wanted to asked you. You didn't participate in the last tournament, will you attend this one?
Yeah. I will look over DLC stages and consider them in the ruleset. However I believe tournament mode is unlikely to work out if it only allows single elimination.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

No Wii U. :(

Though, maybe I can barter with a friend of mine and use his for my matches.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Announcement: I'm closing signups, but people can still offer to be replacements. Starting tournament tentatively on the 24th.

However, if I get exactly 8 more people interested in joining by August 9th, I won't have problems adding them to the bracket instead.
Twitter would be the best way to contact me. @DynasticAnthony

1pm-3:30pmCST
Thanks!

Last edited:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
Got it! I'm back home in Doha, so I'll be able to participate with relative ease.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I do not see myself in the bracket :O

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is this a live tournament? Or just get the matches done when you can? Count me in of its the latter
Unless I get 8 more people, you'll be put down as a replacement as I'm really trying to get this running in a more timely fashion than the previous ones. Read the sign up sheet and leave your information on Smashboards as appropriate.

Mostly though, people will get matches done when convenient, however I'm hoping to enforce some minor time limits.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I do not see myself in the bracket :O
You didn't sign up, but you can still put down information here either as a replacement or a potential candidate out of 8.

I did say the tournament wouldn't be starting before August 15th pretty clearly, so ideally this shouldn't have taken you by surprise.

Last edited:

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
Oh, also. Are any of these being streamed/recorded? Like where there's a third person as jiggly puff to record and act as the timer?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh, also. Are any of these being streamed/recorded? Like where there's a third person as jiggly puff to record and act as the timer?
I'm not doing anything special for this. Just use Youtube share as convenient if you want anything uploaded.

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
I'm not doing anything special for this. Just use Youtube share as convenient if you want anything uploaded.
Probably makes sense for the connection quality too.
Thanks for organizing it!

Top Bottom