• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I'm unsure if I'll be able to play after the 11th, since I'll be abroad and I'll be damned if I bring my Wii U over to get it stolen. As I said, I might get my matches through A2Z's Wii U or another person around my dorm, but if I can't, I'll let you guys know. :[

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@epicender584

Just dropping a message here too that I'm free for the next 3 hours about an hour from now. Already left a message on your profile page a while ago, but figured I'd post here too in case you'd miss that.

Edit: This game of "being on SWF tag" with Epi has been downright silly~

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I know, I know, double post and whatnot, but just to get this thread bumped and have my questioned answered in a timely fashion perhaps....

In these tourney matches we agree on the first stage we play on and then loser of the first match counterpicks a different or the same stage while winner has the option to ban one of the available counterpick stages, correct?

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
Alright, I just finished my matches with @ TheBearsnake TheBearsnake

RCyclone - 0 Wins
TheBearsnake - 2 Wins

GG's @ TheBearsnake TheBearsnake

I know I need to keep working on my Ganondorf, I'm sorely lacking in a few area's it seems!

Thanks for the awesome Tournament! @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Last edited:

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
So what do I do to keep track of my matches and what not? Sorry I missed something somewhere. Specifically is there a actual bracket I can see somewhere? I would apologize for the error of being dum but Ganon right?

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
So what do I do to keep track of my matches and what not? Sorry I missed something somewhere. Specifically is there a actual bracket I can see somewhere? I would apologize for the error of being dum but Ganon right?
Other then here: http://challonge.com/GITBCE2

That's the only place to check.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Looks like you're up against Pon, who is from Japan!

I'll message him your NNID right now, and ask him what times he is typically available.

And for reference, I believe his NNID is GanoPon

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ TheBearsnake TheBearsnake Pon says he's available on January 4th. Hasn't yet specified a time.

EDIT: he says after 11 pm Japan time is good.

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Don't suppose I'd be able to put my name down for a replacement slot? Should be getting more free time off work, and this looks like a fun thing to try out. Never did any competitive Smash before so I think this would be a nice way to break in to it :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sure. Fine by me.

@Bittersweet @Garioshi How are things looking? If you two have plans to complete your matches, or if there are real life commitments in the way, let me know. If either of you decide to drop out, I propose @Hi-Hatz be a replacement here.

@Zathura @ Thinkaman Thinkaman I know this is a bit sudden but I would like to retract the forced bracket advancement and allow either @ Xcano Xcano or @ KieRanaRan KieRanaRan to replace @Lozjam.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Sure. Fine by me.

@Bittersweet @Garioshi How are things looking? If you two have plans to complete your matches, or if there are real life commitments in the way, let me know. If either of you decide to drop out, I propose @Hi-Hatz be a replacement here.

@Zathura @ Thinkaman Thinkaman I know this is a bit sudden but I would like to retract the forced bracket advancement and allow either @ Xcano Xcano or @ KieRanaRan KieRanaRan to replace @Lozjam.
WIIU should be fixed by the next two days at most, so go ahead and let KieRana to act as replacement.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Whatever works for me. Also, I might be able to play this weekend.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Opana and I have been talking for weeks, and it seems we're never both available at the same time; timezone differences are irritating. I can't play for the rest of the day and most of tomorrow, but when I'm back with my Wii U at the end of the weekend, I'll make an effort to come into contact with him again, and hopefully finally play.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
If it comes down to it, you progress.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ TheBearsnake TheBearsnake Pon stated he might be available basically tomorrow at the same time (which would be approximately 9AM EST if I'm correct).

If you have a preferred day or time, please let us know.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
@ TheBearsnake TheBearsnake Pon stated he might be available basically tomorrow at the same time (which would be approximately 9AM EST if I'm correct).

If you have a preferred day or time, please let us know.
Sorry, I've been fighting pneumonia, and just now saw this, I can play tonight if that is possible for Pon

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sorry, I've been fighting pneumonia, and just now saw this, I can play tonight if that is possible for Pon
Have you added him? Also it would help if you thought of a specific time, given ~14 hour time zone difference, meaning something like 9 pm your time would be about 11 AM in Japan.

I could just tell him if he so happens to be available 1100 January 6th, you would be online, but I don't want to be caught making assumptions here.

Last edited:

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
Have you added him? Also it would help if you thought of a specific time, given ~14 hour time zone difference, meaning something like 9 pm your time would be about 11 AM in Japan.

I could just tell him if he so happens to be available 1100 January 6th, you would be online, but I don't want to be caught making assumptions here.
My bad I missed the part about him being in Japan! I could do a morning game (probably no later than 9 est) some time as soon as he is ready, I'm sorry, I have a lot going on as well as being sick and I totally take responsibility for dropping the ball.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My bad I missed the part about him being in Japan! I could do a morning game (probably no later than 9 est) some time as soon as he is ready, I'm sorry, I have a lot going on as well as being sick and I totally take responsibility for dropping the ball.
So 9 AM EST can work? That would be convenient, given Pon suggested playing after 23:00 Japan time. If I'm reading this correctly, I'll tell him that you will be available January 6th at that time.

I could also ask him if he's available a bit earlier. Just want to be 100% clear.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
So 9 AM EST can work? That would be convenient, given Pon suggested playing after 23:00 Japan time. If I'm reading this correctly, I'll tell him that you will be available January 6th at that time.

I could also ask him if he's available a bit earlier. Just want to be 100% clear.
bingo to all of that

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I already returned actually haha. I should be able to play Thursday evening or all day Friday if either of those works for you.
Fine on any of those days.

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
Pon should be available 8 AM your time (2200 Japan time). Make sure you are well rested!
Pon beat me, Probably would have beaten me even without lag. be prepared anyone who plays someone in japan. I think thats always gonna make lag. Regardless tell him said GG please and let him know id love to play again sometime! saw some neat new tricks. good luck everyone!

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Pon beat me, Probably would have beaten me even without lag. be prepared anyone who plays someone in japan. I think thats always gonna make lag. Regardless tell him said GG please and let him know id love to play again sometime! saw some neat new tricks. good luck everyone!
Oddly enough, my matches with gungnir were pretty much lag free!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@Big O Your next opponent happens to be Pon (NNID: GanoPon).

My experience playing with Japanese people has mostly been good. Only seldom is the lag really crippling for technical skill. The only thing is just on For Glory, they're usually seem afraid of playing with people outside of their country.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Is it too late for me to join?
I can put you on the list of replacements. There's currently a few people ahead of you who I'm waiting to see if they have a chance of filling potentially inactive slots.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I can put you on the list of replacements. There's currently a few people ahead of you who I'm waiting to see if they have a chance of filling potentially inactive slots.
I'm OK with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom