• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Challenge

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Hey guys. If you're wondering what is the ganondorf challenge, basically, ProJared made it up in Melee where you are on handicap 3 and you fight against a level 9 Ganondorf that's on handicap 9 in hyrule temple. So what I want to discuss is how we can try to implement this kind of challenge to smash 4.

I've been working on what would be best to fit in the experience as much as possible as the original and I've came up with this.

SETTINGS:
-Handicap must be turned on
-Set the damage ratio to 0.5
-No items

CUSTOMIZATIONS:
-Ganondorf must have a set where he has 150+ defense (I personally never can make it all the way to 200 for defense)

RULES:
-Every character except Ganondorf must have their handicap set to 300%
-The recommended stage you should play at should be Hyrule Temple (If you don't have a Wii U and own a 3DS instead, my best bet would be Arena Ferox, as the stage can transform and it's the only stage where it can protect you from devastating attacks and there are no hazzards to harm anyone.)

OPTIONAL:
-Have a Ganondorf amiibo take place instead of a level 9 cpu (This can also be easier to get the defense to 200)
-Cpus are allowed to help if you don't have friends to play with or the challenge is too hard.
-Amiibos can also help as well
-Thanks to 8-player smash, you can have x amount of ganondorfs against y amount of fighters (3v4 is incredibly challenging)

So that's all I can gather on what I find close to the challenge back at Melee. If you have any suggestions on what could make the challenge better or even closer, please share your ideas and maybe we can work on a better version!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My brother and I have been doing this for a long time. I don't know who ProJared is, but he's definitely not the only one who thought of this idea. (I avoided the sentence, "came up with" because it's clear he didn't come up with it.)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My brother and I have been doing this for a long time. I don't know who ProJared is, but he's definitely not the only one who thought of this idea. (I avoided the sentence, "came up with" because it's clear he didn't come up with it.)
Fair enough. I've done the challenge similar before I heard of ProJared mentioning it. (Although I set my handicap for 1 instead of 3.)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Fair enough. I've done the challenge similar before I heard of ProJared mentioning it. (Although I set my handicap for 1 instead of 3.)
I think it's fun to do just to goof off. Ganondorf is slow and lumbering, and even if you get your butt knocked around, you can tech and survive some crazy percentages.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that I know is that in Melee, you could easily make a level 9 Ganondorf self-destruct himself if you bait him into using Dark Dive while near a ledge; he'd fall down helplessly to his doom.

You're not able to replicate this in Brawl or Smash 3DS / Wii U, due to the ledge grabbing changes.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, that and the fact that the CPU's aren't all lumbering bafoons anymore.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Screw that, I raised my Ganondorf amiibo too well. Now he's nearly frame perfect and near impossible to fight 1 on 1. Throw handicaps and customizations into that and it just sounds like a dreadful way to spend an afternoon.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Screw that, I raised my Ganondorf amiibo too well. Now he's nearly frame perfect and near impossible to fight 1 on 1. Throw handicaps and customizations into that and it just sounds like a dreadful way to spend an afternoon.
Like I said, it's optional. I understand that people probably won't go out and buy an amiibo for this or even change the one they already have. It's just for people who want to enhance the challenge if they want. The challenge works fine without a ganon amiibo.

Anywho, I decided to make a video about the challenge and how it should be set up and demonstrates what the challenge would look like in sm4sh.

Top Bottom