• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon vs.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was a little bored so I thought I'd do a small critique on Kage's match with Mango's Link from RoM3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5ZE-HxVBE

0:12 - Make the changrab 2nd nature. You should be able to regrab link no matter how he DI's up until 74%
0:15 - Edgeguarding decision was made too soon (KO opportunity blown). Link's typical, linear recovery path to the edge goes pretty low, aka he tends to up-B right under the edge. If you wanted to be aggressive in this situation, dair would have been the right choice from a plat dash, as bair hitbox is just too far out.
0:36 - Bair would have been the best choice here. Space a bair right on link's head, or slightly closer to the base of his sword, and you will beat his up-b when he recovers high every time. It will not kill him, but you will have an easier edgeguarding opportunity as a followup.
0:54 - Valuable grab wasted on a bthrow instead of a dthrow. Even with BF platforms you can cg link until mid-upper 50's, and then you get a free techchase.
1:41 and 1:47 - wasted grabs
1:55 - Here, link was low enough that a reverse uair would have done the trick. The key here is that the uair spike would force an up-B, which is easier to edgeguard than the hookshot.
1:58 - When you know link is going to grapple, go for a tipman spike. you never have to leave the stage so it is safe, and you may be able to knock him out of the grapple sweetspot and force an up-b.
2:35 - Big mistake. The Hero of Time is no chance for the King of Evil.
2:44 - Here, you should land and grab link since he is at such low%. Then chaingrab.
3:01 - Reverse uair the sweetspot.
3:16 - Gotta sweetspot the edge (or at least go as low as you can go, since Ganon can't truly sweetspot). Link's standing up-b is insta-death if you don't.

Kage, I just want you to know that I am not trying to pick apart your performance or your playstyle in any way. You did many good things in this match, which you are already aware of. I wanted to post this in case anyone had some questions about the link matchup (a matchup that should never be underestimated).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im not super great at this game, but seeing kage not Cg link to death after getting like 4 grabs in every stock, was highly upsetting to me.

basically all I saw ACE say was:

Dont drop the chaingrab, get better at gimping link.

also, if you want to majorly embarrass a link player, Im pretty sure you can short hop warlock punch over his grab.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya it happens sometimes that backthrow at 0:54 was a choke.. I wanted to downthrow instead and punish harder but you know sometimes your fingers slips or the controller not working correctly, idk.

Well I agree with what you said all in all.

Edit: (I never fight Link ever so it was a little hard to adjust the spacing and all that too)

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Ya it happens sometimes that backthrow at 0:54 was a choke.. I wanted to downthrow instead and punish harder but you know sometimes your fingers slips or the controller not working correctly, idk.

Well I agree with what you said all in all.

Edit: (I never fight Link ever so it was a little hard to adjust the spacing and all that too)
yeah, mango will do that to you. :scared:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm...i played pp today...he does a lot of stuff right...but he's still not that hard to punish.

falcos end up rolling a lot when ganon is invincible. if we just read one of those, we can do stuff. i think they also get scared fast, and want to go to the least coverable option, which is often like a DI through tech away kinda thing. if we full out go for those, they will die fast.

so cover techs away, and make sure we don't let them roll. cause they do it. and we truly should punish them for doing it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
just powershielded a peach's bomb like a boss. powershield is too good. do it all day every day.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I played taki not too long ago, did pretty well, came down to the last match, last stock, high percents, he just got that hit in first :(

He's mad slippery

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Aye the same. It was a semi-finals match. Literally one of the best sets i've ever played. I didn't even feel disappointed losing cause I played so well
ps-> nakamaru is the ****, guy had pink hair when i first met him. Pink anime hair falcon player, mad boss

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Aye the same. It was a semi-finals match. Literally one of the best sets i've ever played. I didn't even feel disappointed losing cause I played so well
ps-> nakamaru is the ****, guy had pink hair when i first met him. Pink anime hair falcon player, mad boss
Lol that's DEFINITELY Chris.

Beast on him with Ganon yo ;)

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
thanks Linguini. I have seen some of your matches on youtube and like them. I loved watching you and rockcrock ganon ditto. His dk is beast though. Anyways i shall sift through the posts ever so slowly. I appreciate the help :)

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
I feel like Ganon<Falco, but then again, Kage obliterated MattDotZeb's Falco twice: ROM 6 and Apex 14 Salty Suite, so it all depends on talent i guess.

Top Bottom