• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Techs, Skills, Frame Data, and Hitboxes

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be a little bit nooby, here:
Are those the actuall hitboxens, or is it your "guessing"?
Those are a kind of "texture hack", switching visual effects and thus showing the hitbox bubbles. Those are VERY accurate and nos done by me. I just recorded it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
LOLOLOLOLOL U-TILT!

He's got massive balls LMAO. FOUR OF THEM moreover.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
We need to get this in a sticky.

The Choke grab boxes starting at 5:07- are really important.

What do you make of the box corresponding to his hand? It appears we get more implied priority on it a little ways into the movement.

However, I have trouble believing that the hand box is effective from the start of the move. I've never grabbed anyone above me before.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Good work on this video.

I thought really interesting all of this stuff which was showed in the video.

Utilt Hitbox made me LOL.

We need to get this in a sticky.
I agree with you dude. This thread should be Sticked.

Also, Z1GMA's Thread "BADASS is too small a word" should be Sticked too, undoubtedly.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Quake was the biggest surprise 4 meh! :O
It's very good hitbox on the back.

Besides, UTilt REALLY SUCKS PEOPLE THAT FAR!!!!
I tested it withe the upper right bubble just about hiting Wario and it REALLY sucked him! :O

I think Ganon just got voted the largest hitbox of any move in the game. Even if it is just a wind effect. Dang, if only Utilt was that big on the knockback (that would be more broken than Snake lol)

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I got pics...

Unfortunately it's like Alfa said... The only even thinkable possibility of usage of these hitboxes were grabbing during spotdodges, since the characters move in a 3D depth line during them, but, unfortunately, spotdodge's frames are in our way to conquer the world... =(

BTW, I snapped every hitbox avaible. I'll update the first post wth them tomorow (or even today... IDK).

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
The Hitbubbles from the Wizard's Foot explains his overall bad priority during the move considering the hitboxes do not encompass the entirely of the leg especially the mostly important part, the foot. (Irony) It also shows how some characters can just duck under it. Definitely a fail in part to that design.

EDIT: Also stupid how his standing and dash grab seem to go towards Ganon then outward and away him

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Now I know why my offensive offstage gerudocide attemps fail so much. Dang, I knew aerudo wasn't that hot, but to not have a hitbox at all until he moves forward? WTF!?

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Updated with the snapshots of every move (I think... o_õ)

Enjoy!~

BTW: Thanks for pinning the topic! I'm honored! :)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Wizard Foot
No wonder Wizard's Foot is so bad, there's no hitbox where Ganon's foot is! How could they mess that move up so much that the Wizard's Foot has no hitbox on his foot? Considering that the move doesn't travel very fast, all the other player has to do is hit Ganon's foot and he/she completely overrides Ganon's attack with anything, because the hurtbox actually extends beyond his hitbox.

Sakurai...

TP

Smash Master
No wonder Wizard's Foot is so bad, there's no hitbox where Ganon's foot is! How could they mess that move up so much that the Wizard's Foot has no hitbox on his foot? Considering that the move doesn't travel very fast, all the other player has to do is hit Ganon's foot and he/she completely overrides Ganon's attack with anything, because the hurtbox actually extends beyond his hitbox.

Sakurai...
It's possible that his foot is invincible during the attack, although I have no proof of it.

:034:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yeah, actually, I want to see Ganon's hurtbox during Wizkick.

Why can't that be done on the Wii?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Has anyone ever tested out the side b hitbox? Basically to check if it really does have extra vertical reach at the beginning of the grounded version. I can't test it out at the moment.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
It's possible that his foot is invincible during the attack, although I have no proof of it.

:034:
Considering how easily Wizard's Foot can be beaten by other attacks (Diddy Kong's dash attack goes straight through it), I highly doubt that is the case. Grounded Wizkicks are usually not worth it unless you're trying to punish other characters' jump lag. Aerial Wizkicks are so much better.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I got pics...

Unfortunately it's like Alfa said... The only even thinkable possibility of usage of these hitboxes were grabbing during spotdodges, since the characters move in a 3D depth line during them, but, unfortunately, spotdodge's frames are in our way to conquer the world... =(
That means... no vertical reach =(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Isn't USmash suppose to blow up Bob-Ombs without Ganon getting blown up...? What's up with the hitbox?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Merging this thread with the Hitbox and Frame Data threads since I know PK-Ow! still posts around the boards. I'll work on consolidating all the information into the first post later.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Merging this thread with the Hitbox and Frame Data threads since I know PK-Ow! still posts around the boards. I'll work on consolidating all the information into the first post later.
That will become nbearably huge.

It would be better if there were links-to-posts to the start of each of those sections.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I did another small update to the list, but man, this thing is unwieldy.

It's perfectly clear that some of that stuff doesn't belong anymore. Whether the info belongs in our Basic guide, is vague general knowledge, or incorrect in today's meta, I have to clear out some of it.

I'm going to remove the tip for fighting chaingrabbers. It's not absolute, it's not backed with a theoretical justificaion, it's not practically explained. And it belongs in a matchup guide.
I want to delete a lot of stuff but I think I'd have to run each one past the community before doing it.

My vision for this thread is one-stop shop for everything uncommon Ganondorf can do. A cut above workable knowledge of Ganon's raw abilities (as in a guide), matchup-specific details only if they are gamechanging advanced techniques (like Banana Choking), and after everything's formatted, I'm going to have an after-section of all the "meta analysis tips", but I fear much of our early speakings are just... wrong.

I think the meta tips should be cut out and put in... I dunno, the Q&A thread? Attached in collation as the second post to How to Murder Stuff? It really doesn't fit here.

We need one place for our "metagame discussion", even if we make that the Social thread, because we know Ganon doesn't have a meta. >.> And this stuff deserves to be recorded for posterity, but I can't abide by putting it here as stuff that's true anymore.

Top Bottom