• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon stages?

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
very unfamiliar with Ganons and how they play, what are your favorite and least favorite stages to play in the fox matchup?

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Well in reality you always want to ban FD. Fox can laser camp as well on PS and has his fox pit, but the platforms and lack of a top platform at times can give ganon a bit more breathing room. The windmill has saved my ass so many times lol.

That being said, if you personally prefer FD and the higher ceiling, go for it. It may also be a bit easier to recover on that stage.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
FD isn't bad in some matchups. Jiggs comes to mind. Peach and Marth aren't horrible there either. I also feel like if my grab punish game was perfect on fastfallers I might prefer FD over DL against campy foxes and such. But yeah, overall it's the one to ban in most cases. FD and DL are both heavy on neutral game and chaingrabbing.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I don't like FD vs. Marth only because I like every stage except Pokemon better. But, I think the main reason some would opt for it is because it's hard to follow up on Marth when he techs on platforms, so you can guarantee combos off grabs. I have a lot of hope in that matchup in general. I think it might be actually be slightly Ganon favored, but maybe I'm just naive.

With Peach and Puff I think it's just seen as the lesser of two evils between that and DL. But not always. If you're winning neural a lot because of the platforms, DL is probably better.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
Marth/Ganon is relatively even, but I feel it is slightly favoured for marth. He has superior movement and edgeguarding. I feel like Ganon only has the upper hand on dl (though ys/bf and sometimes fod is pretty even). IMO it's not too hard to follow up techs on platforms, especially when uair can cover all options at times.

As for FD vs puff/peach, I try to avoid it because I feel as if they can cover so many more options in general given the lack of platform options for ganon. It's a bad mentality and I admit it. Ganon probably has an easier time against puff than peach on FD however.

imsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
thesouldemon
3DS FC
3411-3945-3633
My first words after winning a game are "ban fd"

Bwmat

Smash Ace
These days I ban fod, then switch to falcon if they go ps/fd (not always for ps though).

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
ALWAYS ALWAYS BAN FD. FD SUCKS.
You need platforms to perform your sexy wavelands to move around.
FoD kinda sucks tho and be ready because most people will counter pick you there if you win game 1.
The platforms on FoD **** block u soooo hard. Its like oh you want to sh fair that side of the stage? NOPE YOULL LAND ON THIS PLATFORM INSTEAD AND ULL GET PUNISHED
RIP GANON

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
okay sure but I'd definately still say FD is not advantageous for Ganon. It eliminates one of his core movement options which is wavelanding. Not saying its impossible to succeed on FD but its more difficult.

Top Bottom