• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice Ganon Side-b Spammers

E.Sage

Smash Rookie
How do you deal with Ganon side-b spammers? I've tried rolling out of the way, they just time it that as soon as I'm up they can use it again, I can't sit still on the ground because they just down a and if I try to attack while down it might hit them but than they'll just continue to use side-b. it's just a cheese tactic and not at all fun to play against. But I don't know what to do about it. I'd like to learn to counter it, if there is a counter.. I hate losing against people that I rely on this type of gameplay to win, it's cancerous. In my experience ganon players do this out of desperation when they can't beat you just by playing normally. Yes, it's in the game, I realize that so I'm sure there will be some of you that will say fair is fair. w/e, I understand. Just tell me how to beat these people :|

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The first step is to memorize its range. If you do this, you'll know when its safe to do a back dash and when its better to jump or snuff it out with an attack. Word of advice - jumping and back dashing are great defensive options as well, and if you use rolling as your primary evasion tool you should definitely try to mix bash dashes and jumps into your play.

Another tip is that after he catches you, you can tech by hitting the shield button right before hitting the ground (here's a wiki link in case you don't know what that is). Ganon players can still punish you depending on if they can read your tech option, but its still a guessing game for them. Think of it as a game of rock-paper-scissors.

E.Sage

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to work on my break fall, since I probably don't even attempt to tech as often as I should.

Top Bottom