• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon No Impact Land

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Hey as a long time Ganon player who switched to falco and beginning to dabble with ganon again.......

I've noticed I've never really used Ganon's no impact landing. Ive used the ledge one mainly into uair or buffered roll. How hard is no impact waveland from ledge into moves like jab/grab/ftilt?

More importantly... What stages are good to utilize ganon's no impact land on platforms? How can ganons use nil on platforms to help them? Please provide situations. Thanks. Sorry kinda drunk my wording sux

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Ganon has NIL on Battlefield, Dreamland, and Yoshi's Story platforms. On BF, you just full hop backwards onto a side platform. For Dreamland, you can do a normal full hop which is slow, or you can do a backwards full hop, which is much faster. Yoshi's Story is a little more complicated, but if you're at the bottom of the slanted sides of the stage, if you full hop backwards to the side platforms you NIL there too. Keep in mind that any time you can NIL, you can perfect waveland on that surface if you time it just right. It takes a bit of practice but it's really useful once you get the hang of it.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
True, backwards shorthop on the second to lowest plat height.
You can also double jump quick or do backwards sh on the highest height too. The second lowest plat height is like Yoshi's where you can do it but it's harder

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Can anyone discuss the uses of NIL on platforms for ganon? Any video examples of using this technique to benefit ganon?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Can anyone discuss the uses of NIL on platforms for ganon? Any video examples of using this technique to benefit ganon?
You can instant drop aerial, or instant dash shai drop aerial, or waveland back on. It's just elusive tricky movement. Sometimes I'll even edgeguard floaties with it, if you backjump NIL and fullhop again, you get more height than a dj and still have your dj.

Last edited:
Top Bottom