• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Meta 3.0.0

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
So guys, Ganon's posture in mid air has been changed so that its easier to hit him. How are we playing Ganon in 3.0.0?

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
So guys, Ganon's posture in mid air has been changed so that its easier to hit him. How are we playing Ganon in 3.0.0?
Same as before. A change in his hurtbox doesn't affect how we play Ganon.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Same as before. A change in his hurtbox doesn't affect how we play Ganon.
What's more interesting and important to us is that Pichu got hit by that very same nerf
+ having a larger hurtbox while landing, so maybe we can potentoally hit the little **** with wizkick and other fast fall airials more reliably?

There are some other questions though I have regarding this patch. Does a change in hurtbox effect/influence the range on any of his tilts and airials? From what I remember most of his hurtboxes match his hitboxes too, but I guess that prop only makes us even more likely to be hit while extending/streching limbs unfortunately without any benefit.
Also more importantly, how beneficial would most of you rank the universal nerf of projectiles to shield for Ganon? Along with the changes to Parries?

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Actually let me quote the patch notes real quick because I think I got it wrong above.

"Changed the posture when receiving damage in the air and made it easier to receive damage."

So they only changed his posture after he has already been hit in mid-air so that its easier to hit him again?

Aka Ganon is now more combo-able?

Boartobewild Boartobewild , I dont think it affects his grounded hit or hurtboxes. The projectile nerf to shields doesnt matter to me. I always try to evade projectiles entirely.

Last edited:

Felancius

Smash Cadet
I think the hitbox changes did more to change Pichu than it did Ganon, since Ganon was already slow and kinda big, whereas Pichu was tiny and fast.

I think nothing's really gonna change, even if it clearly is a "nerf".

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
So according to Smashboards this nerf was actually only meant to fix weird behaviour of Ganon's legs upon being hit which allowed him to escape certain multihit moves such as Dancing blade, Peach's dash attack and more. So basically this is like removing a glitch that was unintended more than anything.

Well here's hoping we do get some meaningful buffs in the future, considering
Ganon is more likely to drop in favour, once everyone gets accustomed and used to his playstyle/gameplan and more detrimentally, limits and weaknesses, the whole Ganon is Op fad will have passed, I still think he'll remain in midtier and stay as one of the better heavies, but the even greater general speed and mobility of most chatacters will catch up to him.

Top Bottom