• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon has combos? Combo thread. =D

spider_sense

Smash Champion
This is the official Ganon combo video thread; I've been wanting to make this thread for awhile, because I've been noticing the severe lack of combos and missed opportunities coming from Ganon mains lately. This character has legitimate combos on the majority of the cast. I really want to advance that along with him having an intricate neutral game.

Falco combos: (Starting from 0 and assuming the di is in) dair > grab > jab > regrab > jab > dtilt > any punish

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I am a firm believer in the double stomp combo in order to rack up damage, especially on floaties.

**** hits for 42% where the first usually leads into the second unless their DI is just godlike. If you get a third dair in there it's over 60% and then a fair/bair sends them off stage. I know when I play Ganon again I'm going to really try out double stomping a lot more and seeing what kind of numbers I'll get.

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Realistically I find there isn't much chance of getting a 3+ Hit combo on a floaty without that double stomp. Stomp into stomp and then read the tech option. Good for 0% or early into a stock I find.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Realistically I find there isn't much chance of getting a 3+ Hit combo on a floaty without that double stomp. Stomp into stomp and then read the tech option. Good for 0% or early into a stock I find.
Stomp, side-b, aerial works on a lot of medium floaties at zero.

Stomp, dsmash, aerial vs climbers/marth too

Jelson

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is dumb but I find that when I know an opponent is going to shield immediately after they tech/tech roll on a platform if I up B at the right time it has so much startup lag that I can tech chase them with ease. The move decides which direction you're going pretty late, and the grab box covers a substantial amount of the platform. I usually set this up with a simple up throw at mid% (Higher % on fast fallers).

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't know if this is dumb but I find that when I know an opponent is going to shield immediately after they tech/tech roll on a platform if I up B at the right time it has so much startup lag that I can tech chase them with ease. The move decides which direction you're going pretty late, and the grab box covers a substantial amount of the platform. I usually set this up with a simple up throw at mid% (Higher % on fast fallers).
It's not bad at all, it matters more on their percent. At mid to high percent and above, this is great. At top level any free damage Ganon can get is great.

Top Bottom