• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa ft. Raynex, Vwins, Ally, Holy, Kage, Bam

tect

Smash Journeyman
Big thanks to everyone for making the trip to the Gaming Ottawa Monthly! It was amazing to have taken part in such a high-caliber Canadian Melee tournament, and I sincerely hope that the Melee community feels the same.

I would like to apologize for the logistical hurdles that forced us to run the tournament so late, we are doing our best to ensure that this does not happen again by securing a bigger and better venue that can support our power draws.

Everyone please make a shout out to Ministry and his housemates for allowing us to complete the singles bracket in their living room. lol

Does anybody happen to have an extra copy of Melee? A small number of individuals have their discs unaccounted for, which would be a devastatingly poor trend in any community, so I am asking everyone to verify that they did not accidentally walk away with a disc that does not belong to them.

I will update this thread Monday with the rest of the brackets, as I only have Melee singles at this point in time.

Melee Singles

1: raynex/vwins
3: bam
4: unknown
5: idea
5: tect
7: sauc3
7: kage (The Warrior)
9: pest
9: ministry
9: chesterr
9: europhoria
13: summonedfist
13: gumbot (ganonpwn)
13: jarc (the cute one!)
13: pikalex
17: c3
17: erase
17: tastygoldfish
17: e4
17: cdp
17: linksta
17: leek
17: sim
25: king
25: rasta
25: recit
25: sleaf
25: windrose

Raynex and Vwins split for 1st since it was about 5 am....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/gomay7thmeleesb.gif/

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
btw it's ERayz, not Erase, but I don't mind much

OMG 17th, I did real bad haha. The average players in Ontario are definitely better than those in Québec.

The tournament was real fun, I always like playing new people, and seeing that I'm not that good yet. This motivates me even more, I want to get much better, and I will.

My pool was damn hard rofl, with Bam, Idea, Gumbot, RiddleBox, Techiyo, me (I feel there was somebody else, but I can't remember who :( )

Thanks to Tect for making this possible, congratulations to the winners, hope there will be another tournament like this soon!

idea

Smash Master
Melee Singles

1: raynex/vwins - i'm gonna enjoy watching that WFs set when someone puts it up
3: bam - ggs and such. it feels like i can't afford to make a single mistake against your fox...
4: unknown - i dunno. hi.
5: idea - thanks for going
5: tect - that was a fun set, hopefully you're more warmed up next time/not so busy with TOing duties. oh, and thanks for TOing. it was a really fun and well-organized tournament (except for how late melee started). nice talking to you for more than 30 seconds too.
7: sauc3 - heh you were so tired when we played...oh well. fun trip. not to be a ***** but.......:kirby:
7: kage (The Warrior) - only played you in teams, too bad. nice ganon lol
9: pest - same as the above. thanks both of you for like 2 hours of friendlies when i would have just been standing around otherwise...
9: ministry - thanks for hosting half the tournament in two rooms. and in the end giving a lot of us sleeping space. i think you were tired too when we played
9: chesterr - didn't play you at all...and i've never seen someone more tired than you after being woken up at ministry's.
9: europhoria - didn't play you either. i don't think i've played you in bracket in like, 2 years.
13: summonedfist - i dunno, i saw you the whole time, not much else to say. sorry but i have to agree with kurtis, your ICs are kind of boring =P
13: gumbot (ganonpwn) - good matches
13: jarc (the cute one!) - haha, nice to finally meet you, there are only so many canadians jigglypuffs...one day maybe we should actually team at something.
13: pikalex
17: c3 - hi charles. didn't see any of your matches really, just one or two
17: ERayz - good matches in pools
17: tastygoldfish
17: e4
17: cdp
17: linksta - hi. see you in toronto in the future probably?
17: leek - alan!
17: sim
25: king
25: rasta
25: recit
25: sleaf - andrew! ...right?
25: windrose - lol first round in bracket...

shoutouts to pizza pizza for having surprisingly good garlic "stix."

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was good seeing y'all again.

Thumbs up to: Tect for being himself, Ganonnoob for housing and keeping Karl off me, Ganondad's egg and smoked salmon dish, Speed Racer, Kanata Pwn Party for showing me some MvC3 bs <3, T.O. for coming down with off the charts skills, drinking and greening all day, Ministry for the *** saving housing (also Fox > * ; I wanted to have more friendlies with ya, out of the new people I played or knew little, you left the best impression on me, your sheik has potential. nice meeting you), Bam and Vwins holding it down in teams, Holy for the Bwawl friendlies, Ally's beard, Montreal's ****, acting like a ****** all day. Jarc I almost forgot about you, thanks for being my drinking buddy. We totally got robbed, I was not panicking at all until we got lamed, but oh well. Still have skills for someone who hasn't touched the game for what, 3 years? Bah, 4th in teams is still good. I'll come by to treat you soon for the smokes.

Frowned eyes upon bracket matches at 4am (easy loss), not doing combos in SSF4, Brinstar lava death grip on slow fallers.
Lols at getting carded for beer (dude thought I was 19), hitting on old ladies, Rasta getting styled on by samus while his crew talked ****, taking a game off Freddy Loco, and 47 condoms.
Funny moment: King comes up to me:
-Hey very good game earlier, you're really good!
-Hmm, thanks... did we play?
-Yeah we played earlier... didn't you beat me in Brawl?
-Hmm... no definitely not...
-Then who did I play then?
-Iunno, probably some other black guy?
-*super embarassed* Oh jeez, oh jeez...
-loloololol
-I'm SUPER SORRY!
- LOLOLOLOLOL

Oh yeah, felt good owning people again, fear my OG skills.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs later!

I don't think that either Bernard nor Vince would mind which of their names came first, really. Their names are both next to #1 any way lol.

ERayz and others: sorry about typos or if your name is just plain wrong LOL this image and the list was the one I made at Ministry's house after 2, so I wasn't exactly a stickler for perfection ;)

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Vids will be up probably tomorrow / later tonight...working with this format to upload them on the MAN channel now >___>

Great tourney guys...wish I wasn't so tired come singles but oh well, no johns; maybe I should actually take the time to practice my main loooooool.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
...awesome.

shout outs to ministry for hosting the tourny in your living room. tell your friends a 16 year old nerd from a small canadian town thinks they are good people, I'm sure they will want to hear it :)

tect

Smash Journeyman
If you really want then you can have the Brawl bracket and pool images, I was waiting for the Melee dubs to do it all at once, but you can pm me an e-mail if you're that eager.

I'm just having a really awful day

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
If you really want then you can have the Brawl bracket and pool images, I was waiting for the Melee dubs to do it all at once, but you can pm me an e-mail if you're that eager.

well you posted melee singles without the rest =/ you should just rename this for Melee we'll make a different thread lol if that's no problem, shouldnt matter. and yeah if you got the Brawl bracket, pools and results thatd be great I'll pm you so u can pm me back

idea

Smash Master

=(

*supports you over the internet somehow*

tect

Smash Journeyman
ty idea

i didn't even know the brawl results, the laptop that had the info on it isn't mine, and i couldn't keep track myself. i meant that i was going to wait until i got everything all together, but people were asking me to make a thread

so i made it so that people could make shoutouts. i'll pm you brawl in any case

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Shout-outs:

1: raynex - You're the most impressive Fox I've ever seen playing live, and you're the first player I played with that has more Techskills than me. Your Fox is incredible, I loved playing with you, even if it was for about 5 games... Our techskill dittoes were damn fun! Now I see that I have to learn how to combo spacies with Fox, cause you kinda just *****/comboed me all the time rofl. Hope I can play you again in the future!

1: vwins - Well, I think I played one or two games with you, but your Peach looks perfect.

3: bam - Le Bam, that amazing old-school Falco... You play really smart, I need to learn how to predict and do some higher level mindgames. Your Falco looks so smooth.

4: unknown - Too bad we didn't play, even though I wanted to, I was somehow shy to ask friendlies :( But I watched a few matces between you and Raynex, and wow dude, why is everybody so good at this game!!? You would have ***** me so hard if we played haha

5: idea - Never heard of you before the tourney, but I guess we'll hear more about you soon, cause winning a game against Bam is quite something. Your Jiggs really impressed me. I played my best against you, and still, I didn't win a game.

5: tect - I wanted to play you, but I didn't find a time where I could ask a friendly with you, maybe next time!

7: sauc3 - never heard of you before, but you beat Kage, great job!!!!

7: kage (The Warrior) - heh, Ça rentre le poing!

9: pest - Good job in the tournament, 2-0 on everyone in your pool, including Tect... this proves (IMO) that you are really close to pro level, if you aren't already a pro!

9: ministry - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

9: chesterr - We didn't play, this time, hope that I can play you sometimes. I think we played like one or two games counting every time we met lol.

9: europhoria - I would have liked to play you, in order to learn that Marth match-up, which I have difficulty with..

13: summonedfist - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

13: gumbot (ganonpwn) - We didn't have time to play friendlies as we wanted, but we still got to play two sets, and I can say your Falcon is very, very good... I played this match-up forever, vs Son Set Free (one of my friend), Kage and PKM, and still, you ***** me and I didn't win a single game against you! I'd love to play you sometimes!

13: jarc (the cute one!) - We didn't play, I heard you were good though

13: pikalex - Yeah good job on beating Sim! This proves you have more tourney experience than him!

17: c3 - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

17: ERayz - Hey that's me!

17: tastygoldfish - I looked at your Samus, and you seem to have very good technical skills! Too bad we didn't do friendlies, maybe next time!

17: e4 - hehe Blackburn having the same result than I, good job!

17: cdp - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

17: linksta - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

17: leek - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

17: sim - Hope we'll meet again very soon! It's always fun playing with you and Recit

25: king - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

25: rasta - Good job in pools Rasta, you got more victories than me ! Keep it up and try to learn the match-up vs fox as much as possible!

25: recit - Hope we'll meet again very soon! It's always fun playing with you and Sim

25: sleaf - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

25: windrose - Not sure who you are, sorry :(

Thanks to Tect again for this event! It was amazingly fun to attend at this!

AllyKnight

Thank you tect, you should rename this Melee only with just melee stuff lol. I'll make another thread if you don't mind either now or when I wake up

ANDL OL Riddlebox/Summonedfist is the same person right? I SEE you logged on 2 accounts!

Only shoutout, good seeing all the melee players I know.

And man chet, you still **** ;D

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Melee Singles
7: sauc3 - heh you were so tired when we played...oh well. fun trip. not to be a ***** but.......:kirby:
13: summonedfist - i dunno, i saw you the whole time, not much else to say. sorry but i have to agree with kurtis, your ICs are kind of boring =P
LOOOOOL YES KIRBY

don't worry, i'll give my ICs style soon. i don't really know how to play them.

Shout-outs:
13: summonedfist - Not sure who you are, sorry :(
i'm the guy who told you to play your game vs pest cuz we were short on time lol and pointed to the open tv

ANDL OL Riddlebox/Summonedfist is the same person right? I SEE you logged on 2 accounts!
LOOOOL WTF? we definitely aren't...?????!!!!?? he's short and black and i'm tall and asian LOL...???!?!?!?!?

shoutouts soooooooon

vids up soon too

AllyKnight

LOOOOOL YES KIRBY

i'm the guy who told you to play your game vs pest cuz we were short on time lol and pointed to the open tv

LOOOOL WTF? we definitely aren't...?????!!!!?? he's short and black and i'm tall and asian LOL...???!?!?!?!?

shoutouts soooooooon

vids up soon too
really? WOW I got trolled. I thought one day I asked if it was riddlebox (online) and I guess I was on another thing that day maybe sorry LOL

idea

Smash Master
nah, your ICs seem pretty good, it's just...you play them in such a way that is just really begging the other player to camp you. and most people don't like to do that in friendlies.

Sim

Smash Apprentice
Lol ally.

Shout-outs

leek - Damn I gotta work on that Sheik match-up! I got destroyed no matter which character I picked or stage! (*cough* puff in brinstar *cough*) Good job man it was great playing you.

raynex - nice man haha. We only played in brackets but I would have definitely played you more in friendlies :bee:

pikalex - You beat me that was a sick set in the brackets next time I hope I'll win and get my revenge. :D I won't make bad decisions on the counterpick, you can count on it!!!!!

bam + vwins - Can't wait to play you in montreal! Good job on winning vince!

sauc3 - Wow, those friendlies in teams we played in which I couldn't handle your fox were insane! Your fox is tight dude keep it up!

kage - I would have loved ending up against you in the brackets, but I lost before that :p Still, you have someone to beat now and get revenge and I think that's perfect!

recit - we gotta train dude, we gotta train!

unknown - We played a few friendlies and I really enjoyed it, learned some things too. You offered to stay after to play but yea it was just too late so I didn't :( Oh and yea in answer to your question "How long have you been playing?" well this was my first tournament ever after a year and a half of learning the techs and it was a blast!

linksta - Nice falcon man, your mindgames are nice!

tect - I gotta work on that sheik match-up!

ERayz - Tech skill! Can't wait to play you again. :)

rasta - You man are funny as hell. We gotta play again together somewhere so we can trash talk again. :p

windrose - It was nice playing you in the brackets, I hope we'll play again at a tournament!

Ministry

Smash Ace
1: raynex/vwins -vwins, played u in doubles, u **** didnt play u in singles have fun with the new controller. gj at the tourny.
Bernard good job aswell u did well, ul get vince next time
3: bam - didnt get to play u in singles, **** in doubles, glad to see you still enjoy the game enough to play. great seeing u guys
4: unknown - ignore the stitches and sheild stabs, training mode on fd, just play better next time i guess.
5: idea - 3am tourny set, that went well, again u beat me, il get u next time hopefully
5: tect - awesome job on the toruny, dont think we played but was fun as always, we will play more when u get back from bc mikey. bams good, dont worry bout it you will get him next time
7: sauc3 - the warrior who?
7: kage (The Warrior) - projectile gannon, was fun playing you in freindlies
9: pest - didnt play you, good job in singles
9: ministry - you suck vs fox get better
9: chesterr - so much fun playing you, good job in pools and singles learned a lot about my sheik after playing you, hope you dont stay bored with smash.
9: europhoria - great freindlies and marth dittos, was fun all around, and u didnt manage to be all bloody this time
13: summonedfist -was fun as always,
13: gumbot (ganonpwn) - good match in brackets, tech chasing is gay, we didnt get to play any freindlies.
13: jarc great job in doubles, we lost to you twice :p u guys are an awesome team. was fun playing you
13: pikalex not sure?
17: c3 - sad you didnt wana play, sorry bout the sleeping arangments and wallet, hopefully we can play some ssf4 next time so i can perfect you.
17: ERayz - good matches in doubles
17: tastygoldfish alcohol.
17: e4 hmm
17: cdp dunno
17: linksta - ur getting good, get better, then get more better.
17: leek - was fun, but i still get u guys confused..
17: sim keep working at it
25: king didnt play u
25: rasta same
25: recit good matches in pools, keep working at it
25: sleaf -umm again, im confused.
25: windrose - work on those nerves, and i promise you will preform better. always fun playing with you. hopfully il be back in toronto soon to smash.
25. Riddlebox. awesome in teams, we did will i think, i carried you then you carried me, then i let us down LOL. sucks about singles, 12 bracket is gay. I HAVE UR WIII

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Special shoutout to melee players I know.

1:Vwins - Good stuff as always, probably the most consistent player Canada East in Melee. I don't think I have ever see you below top 2 lately in melee in Canada.

2:Raynex - Was awesome you could make it, otherwise it would have been to easy for Montreal to take the melee crown. ;)

3:Bam - Good job repping Montreal too, dat top 3.

4:Unknown - Good seeing you too, would have sucked if you couldn't make it.

5:Idea - Very good placing, good job to you too.

5: Tect - Great placing, also thanks for being really helpful to both community. You're a very nice person. See you another time.

7: Sauc3 - Good stuff in melee, sucks we had to play early in Brawl. See you in Toronto another time.

7: Kage - I don't know what happened, but something tells me you got gayed again by Ganondorf being bad at certain matchups. I really think you should pick up a secondary to wins those very hard matchups Ganondorf have.

9: Chesterr - Was surprised to see you back ahahaha, you're still good in both brawl and melee albeit very rusty. You should train back in both games ;)

13: Pikalex - You did very good, you probably got much better than at last tournament you hosted like 1 year ago.

25: Riddlebox - Was surprised to see you too, see you in Toronto some other time. And thanks for letting us use your wii.

linksta888

Smash Apprentice
1: raynex: You're always an inspiration for me to get better, hopefully i'll get to play you more frequently! It was fun riding in the car with you, even though it was a tight squeeze! xD
2 :vwins: I only got to play you in doubles and you did quite a number on me!
3: bam: It was nice talking to you, you're a very cool guy and your fox is extremely good! I hope everything works out for you in the future.
4: unknown: You are sooo good at this game! Always enjoy watching you beat target practice pr's and such. xD I wish I could have played you more, next time!
5: idea: I didn't get to play you, your jigglypuff is really good though, I wish I could have practiced against it.
5: tect: 3 am bracket match were a lot of fun! xD I'm depressed that I couldn't beat your fox even on Brinstar though! You're great, hopefully we play a lot more in the future.
7: sauc3: Thanks for helping me find people I didn't know, good stuff beating Kage!
7: kage (The Warrior): We didn't get to play!
9: ministry: I can't exactly recall, but I think I played your sheik, i'd recognize you by your face, but not gamertag
13: summonedfist: We still haven't played eachother!? Next time we're at the same event i'll make sure we get some friendlies in!
13: gumbot (ganonpwn): I didn't play you but I heard you have a very good Falcon. Keep it up!
13: pikalex:Hope you had fun playing Bernard second set in brackets! ;D
17: tastygoldfish: I have played many many doubles matches against you, maybe we'll play some friendlies sometime.
17: sim:Your Peach and Puff are really good! Maybe we'll play again sometime! Hopefully I can pull off a win! xD
25: windrose: My random doubles partner and falcon brother! Thank you for driving all of us for like 8 hours to get there and back! Our falcons are getting good! We'll play a lot in the future and keep ourselves from slipping, we can make it to the top eventually! (Also, our doubles bracket was hard, but if we do doubles in another tournament we will do well!)
Alan & Andrew: Good games when we played! It was fun walking arounda nd stumbling upon a wedding/funeral/awesome parade! xD
Camilllo: If you're reading this, you are a very generous guy for giving up your spot for Bernard and Ryan!

There's a lot of other guys who's gamer-tags I don't know, I would have shout outs for all of you, everyone who I played and talked to were very friendly and supportive! Keep smashing and hopefully we can all get closer and better through this game! :D

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I had an awesome time at this event. Shout outs to Gaming Ottawa for giving Melee a place in their roster. We need more of that these days!

It was a pleasure seeing both old and new faces, especially those from Quebec. GGs all around, and hopefully we'll all play again soon. Until then, keep practicing!

Windrose

Smash Lord
Did anybody leave this tournament with a black controller that is not theirs? I think I have someone else's black controller and somebody else has mine. The analog stick is kinda weird and there's this orange thing on the z button that i've never seen before so it can't be mine o_o

So ...uhh...it's probably somebody from quebec or montreal lol... if you really want your controller back I think we're gonna have to work something out...

Top Bottom