• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Characters Who Should Stop Appearing

Rizen

Smash Legend
Even in beloved franchises there are certain characters who keep appearing when they should really fade into obscurity. Here is my list of characters I'd like to disappear. This is all opinions of course. Comment or post your own.

1 Snot nosed kid from LoZ series, first appearance in Wind Waker.

https://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/k/2015/07/booger2.jpg
Eww, get away from me!

2 Beedle, Wind Waker

https://media0dk-a.akamaihd.net/72/14/02a09acd1bfcfce1cdf02bf367e05077.jpg

Of all the great LoZ characters, why'd they have to favor this dweeb? He's even crossed the toon line to Skyward Sword and BotW. Maybe I'm just urked because you have to scroll through 17 freaking text boxes in BotW if you're holding a rare beetle needed to upgrade your clothes before he sells stuff to you. Every time.

3 Tingle, Majora's Mask

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/d/d0/Tingle_(Majora's_Mask).png/revision/latest?cb=20100221233847

A 35 year old man in tights who hovers over a playground in North Clocktown. Stranger danger!

Axl, Megaman X

No one cares about this guy; stick to X and Zero.

Five nights at freddy's characters and rip-offs

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vD4Di2PlbjM/maxresdefault.jpg
The first few games were innovative, original, funny in a dark way and scary. Now their's a billion sequels, spinoffs and fan games. Can we please let the franchise die in peace?

Cloud and the FFVII cast

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...FVIIArt.png/revision/latest?cb=20110227161510

FFVII is my 2nd favorite FF game (after 12) but starting with Advent Children Cloud became a whiny little emo and what was an incredible psychological sci-fi/horror/fantasy was treated like a shallow action anime. Although I did like Crisis core :/.

This is a WiP; I'll add more later.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If anything, Tingle needs more appearances. I think he's funny and his games are so out there that they're charming.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Any character from a game I don't like.
Even the ones I've not played. I'm sure people won't mind not seeing Master Chief or Doomguy anymore. Never played Halo or Doom but they're FPSs they have to be bad.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Rosalina: since there is no reason for her to come in every new Mario game
I remember how awesome she was in Mario galaxy and I used to like her alot and how she acts like a mother and a very calm person but now she is just screaming around in every new spinoff game.

Bowser jr.'s Clown kart: LET BOWSER JR. WALK AGAIN AND BRING BACK SHADOW MARIO

andimidna

Smash Master
I feel like you might not be saying that if Geno was able to get in Mario Kart and other spinoffs

Also I’m gonna agree with Tingle. He was a mistake

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Any character from a game I don't like.
Even the ones I've not played. I'm sure people won't mind not seeing Master Chief or Doomguy anymore. Never played Halo or Doom but they're FPSs they have to be bad.
Can Lloyd Irving please stop existing? Maybe then I’ll be able to accept Namco Bandai milking Tales fo all it’s worth.

How about Marth as well, I never was a fan of FE so I may as well suggest the obvious. Especially if it effects Smash Bros. lmao

...For all seriousness though, I’m sick of the Koopalings after the Wii U era.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I feel like you might not be saying that if Geno was able to get in Mario Kart and other spinoffs

Also I’m gonna agree with Tingle. He was a mistake
I don't think Geno will ever appear in other Mario sports/racing/party game because of Square (unless if square works on another mario mix sport)
But I think it would be very cool if Geno appears in the next Mario strikers since this is the only sport game that could fit him and it looks too serious

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edited OP with a few more...
Rosalina: since there is no reason for her to come in every new Mario game
I remember how awesome she was in Mario galaxy and I used to like her alot and how she acts like a mother and a very calm person but now she is just screaming around in every new spinoff game.
^this so much. Rosalina was enigmatic and one of the few dignified Mario characters with a great backstory. Now she's thrown into every spin-off and treated like a joke. Nintendo's been "cheapening" their characters in recent gens. Metroid Other M and Fed Force for Samus, Link gets Trforce Heroes and even runs around in Tingle tights and drives a dirt bike in the main LoZ series, BotW. Paper Mario gets sticker star treatment. We used to get deep touching games like Majora's Mask, which really was about how a city reacted to the world ending, PM Thousand Year Door, Mario Galaxy story book, Metroid Fusion had a compelling story, etc. Nothing's sacred anymore.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I will always adore Rosalina for who she really is: calm, motherly, perhaps fearless too.
The one that keeps showing up in Mario spin-off games is merely an imposter who acts and sounds like Peach and she needs to go.

**** the Koopalings too.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^The koopalings are a great example of wasted potential by Nintendo, just like the Paper Mario series after the wii. They expanded their personalities slightly in PM Color splash but keep them as mostly faceless lackies.

TBH stale villains like Bowser are holding many characters back. The Kirby series had the right idea and pushed DDD aside so cool new villains and thems could blossom. Like the corporate enemies in Planet Robobot. The reason PM: TTYD was so great is because Bowser had a relatively small part. I'd like to see what the koopalings would do without bowser.

Top Bottom