1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Characters Who Should Stop Appearing

Discussion in 'Light House' started by Rizen, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Rizen

Rizen
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Legend

NNID:
    RizenFall
    Even in beloved franchises there are certain characters who keep appearing when they should really fade into obscurity. Here is my list of characters I'd like to disappear. This is all opinions of course. Comment or post your own.

1 Snot nosed kid from LoZ series, first appearance in Wind Waker.
    [​IMG]
    https://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/k/2015/07/booger2.jpg
    Eww, get away from me!

2 Beedle, Wind Waker
    [​IMG]
    https://media0dk-a.akamaihd.net/72/14/02a09acd1bfcfce1cdf02bf367e05077.jpg

Of all the great LoZ characters, why'd they have to favor this dweeb? He's even crossed the toon line to Skyward Sword and BotW. Maybe I'm just urked because you have to scroll through 17 freaking text boxes in BotW if you're holding a rare beetle needed to upgrade your clothes before he sells stuff to you. Every time.

3 Tingle, Majora's Mask
    [​IMG]
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/zelda/images/d/d0/Tingle_(Majora's_Mask).png/revision/latest?cb=20100221233847

A 35 year old man in tights who hovers over a playground in North Clocktown. Stranger danger!

Axl, Megaman X
    [​IMG]
    No one cares about this guy; stick to X and Zero.

Five nights at freddy's characters and rip-offs
    [​IMG]
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vD4Di2PlbjM/maxresdefault.jpg
    The first few games were innovative, original, funny in a dark way and scary. Now their's a billion sequels, spinoffs and fan games. Can we please let the franchise die in peace?

Cloud and the FFVII cast
    [​IMG]
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...FVIIArt.png/revision/latest?cb=20110227161510

FFVII is my 2nd favorite FF game (after 12) but starting with Advent Children Cloud became a whiny little emo and what was an incredible psychological sci-fi/horror/fantasy was treated like a shallow action anime. Although I did like Crisis core :/.

This is a WiP; I'll add more later.

#1 Rizen, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. MacDaddyNook

MacDaddyNook
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

If anything, Tingle needs more appearances. I think he's funny and his games are so out there that they're charming.

3. Substitution

Substitution
    Expand Collapse
    Deacon Blues

NNID:
    MisterVideo
    Any character from a game I don't like.
    Even the ones I've not played. I'm sure people won't mind not seeing Master Chief or Doomguy anymore. Never played Halo or Doom but they're FPSs they have to be bad.

4. Geno Boost

Geno Boost
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

Rosalina: since there is no reason for her to come in every new Mario game
    I remember how awesome she was in Mario galaxy and I used to like her alot and how she acts like a mother and a very calm person but now she is just screaming around in every new spinoff game.

Bowser jr.'s Clown kart: LET BOWSER JR. WALK AGAIN AND BRING BACK SHADOW MARIO

Rizen likes this.
  5. andimidna

andimidna
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Master

I feel like you might not be saying that if Geno was able to get in Mario Kart and other spinoffs

Also I’m gonna agree with Tingle. He was a mistake

Rizen likes this.
  6. Mario123311

Mario123311
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Ace

Can Lloyd Irving please stop existing? Maybe then I’ll be able to accept Namco Bandai milking Tales fo all it’s worth.

How about Marth as well, I never was a fan of FE so I may as well suggest the obvious. Especially if it effects Smash Bros. lmao

...For all seriousness though, I’m sick of the Koopalings after the Wii U era.

#6 Mario123311, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  7. andimidna

andimidna
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Master

Marth hasn’t had a game in a long time but go off ig

8. Geno Boost

Geno Boost
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

I don't think Geno will ever appear in other Mario sports/racing/party game because of Square (unless if square works on another mario mix sport)
    But I think it would be very cool if Geno appears in the next Mario strikers since this is the only sport game that could fit him and it looks too serious

Rizen likes this.
  9. Rizen

Rizen
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Legend

NNID:
    RizenFall
    Edited OP with a few more...
    ^this so much. Rosalina was enigmatic and one of the few dignified Mario characters with a great backstory. Now she's thrown into every spin-off and treated like a joke. Nintendo's been "cheapening" their characters in recent gens. Metroid Other M and Fed Force for Samus, Link gets Trforce Heroes and even runs around in Tingle tights and drives a dirt bike in the main LoZ series, BotW. Paper Mario gets sticker star treatment. We used to get deep touching games like Majora's Mask, which really was about how a city reacted to the world ending, PM Thousand Year Door, Mario Galaxy story book, Metroid Fusion had a compelling story, etc. Nothing's sacred anymore.

Geno Boost likes this.