• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gametable tournament, Mineola NY, 1/09/10

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
First off, I'm not hosting this in anyway, I'm just getting the word out so there's actually a decent turn out. This is being run by the Gametable staff.

167 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, New York
(Long Island) 11501

Phone#: (516)280-7643 (their number)

Events being run are brawl singles, no doubles.

Entry: $5 for singles, $2 for venue lol.

Times:

2:00-2:30 Sign ups / registration. Feel free to come in early for friendlies, ect. After 2:30, singles will start.

Prizes are as follows: If under 20 people enter, the prize will be STORE CREDIT (Don't complain to me, that's what the guy said) and if 20+ go, the pay out will be cash, with following percents.

1st. 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

RULES (Copy pasted from KNM'rs thread lol)

3 stock
7 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. Finals will be best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
Items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Every other stages are BANNED

Also, GT only has one set up! It's really encouraged to bring Wiis/TVs.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
*already starts searching for a ride*

!@#$%^&*()_+~{}|:"<>? dabuz
you know i got you. i am gonna show with my setup. first tourney in months.

if you get over 30 people confirmed tell the Gametable staff to make it the normal 10 for singles and either 5 or 10 for venue.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I might come. dunno

never took the LIRR before and I really don't wanna spend so much :/

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
seems like a simple tourney for me to get back into Brawl with. Probably will make this.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Like they said, this wasn't started by anyone in the smash community. Just the people at Gametable deciding to have a tournament.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
ally if you go to paradigm, you team with m2k n **** anyways. and idk what happens between you guys in singles

if you go to this, you **** with anti im guessing? and **** singles lol.

idk whos tourney will be bigger tho. paradigms been hyped for a while

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ally if you go to paradigm, you team with m2k n **** anyways. and idk what happens between you guys in singles

if you go to this, you **** with anti im guessing? and **** singles lol.

idk whos tourney will be bigger tho. paradigms been hyped for a while
lol from the look of this thread, this tourney's probably gonna be a small local. Ally wouldn't even be able to cover transportation with the winnings.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea so i think i am coming to this.

also kinda cool its going to be a small local i have not been to one of those for a long time

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
do not waste your time cause if it is the store running it it will be *** like the last time they ran it. OMG this people made me play my gf first round cause we signed up at the same time and they do bracket by who signed up first no seeding .

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
then why say staff from the store is doing it cause by saying that it will significantly lower attendence.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
then why say staff from the store is doing it cause by saying that it will significantly lower attendence.
because i went to a tourney they had a few weeks ago, and me and viva only showed up. So i decided to do them a favor, and get them some advertising. I never talked to will about running it / doing brackets.

Howefver, if Will shows up with his laptop, and he asks them to do brackets with seeding, I'm sure the store owner will push over, as it's less work for him and it's better run.

@Ally... Like i said, this is only singles with like $5 entry lol go 2 paradigm

Top Bottom