• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Yes it's possible. First you have to decompress the ROM. Then you have to find the file that contains the data you want to edit (i use a premium hex editor that lets you search multiple files simultaneously). After editing the file, you can use a vpk compressor to compress the file, then use a file inserter to put it back into the ROM. After you are done editing the ROM, be sure to update the CRC. You can use a tool called rn64crc.exe. To make compressing easier, I made a gui front end for that compressor. Just put the exe in the same directory as the compressor, as well as the edited compressed files (to simplify the process).

Keep in mind that you'll need to install python for the decompressor and file inserter. Can't remember which version they use though ;/
This short paragraph answers every question I had when I first started hacking this game all those months ago (god I should have just asked for help) and managed to prompt two more. Has anyone managed to modify textures at all and what hex editor do you use?

Madao

This short paragraph answers every question I had when I first started hacking this game all those months ago (god I should have just asked for help) and managed to prompt two more. Has anyone managed to modify textures at all and what hex editor do you use?
I don't think anyone has modified textures yet, but probably @ NOKAUBURE NOKAUBURE has gone the farthest with it. I use Hex Editor Neo.

ComJacker

Smash Rookie
Is there a way I can change certain textureless colours of models (such as Ness's cap) with Gameshark codes? I do remember a video of Mario with a custom Fire Mario palette.

Also, I think I asked before but wasn't sure whether I got an answer or not.

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way I can change certain textureless colours of models (such as Ness's cap) with Gameshark codes? I do remember a video of Mario with a custom Fire Mario palette.
Sadly, you can only achieve that iif you find the ram adress stage by stage and ONLY on training mode and bonus mode... you can see some color cheats in this video from 2010 made by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jI5OPTwJ_4

In some part of the video, you can see a yellow link with a tomato shield. The chars can also have gradient colours, you are able to do something like gold by puting scales of yellow.

If you attempt to do that in VS Mode, it will work but on game reset or even at battle restart all RAM addresses will change. Unless someone finds a way to force the game to keep the addresses we are stuck. That also explains why I am not updating the stage editor post, because It can only work on training (and bonus) so its poinless as of now.

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to play every stage of BTT and BTP with any char using codes?

edit: I mean do the challenges, not the empty stages. @ Madao Madao @ Cyjorg Cyjorg @ tehz tehz

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Sadly, you can only achieve that iif you find the ram adress stage by stage and ONLY on training mode and bonus mode... you can see some color cheats in this video from 2010 made by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jI5OPTwJ_4

In some part of the video, you can see a yellow link with a tomato shield. The chars can also have gradient colours, you are able to do something like gold by puting scales of yellow.

If you attempt to do that in VS Mode, it will work but on game reset or even at battle restart all RAM addresses will change. Unless someone finds a way to force the game to keep the addresses we are stuck. That also explains why I am not updating the stage editor post, because It can only work on training (and bonus) so its poinless as of now.
Oh my god I can and have fixed this problem (with the widescreen codes)

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
I have one for a dark blue yoshi, do any other characters have alt skin changes?

.. Particularly ness?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
how to use ultra power b:
1)must have project641.7
2)must play as player 2
3)must play at mushroom kingdom
i basically downloaded 1.7 and copied the cht. file from my 1.6 with ultra pwer b and then pasted it over the 1.7 cht. file. works.

If you need help getting 1.7 just ask :p
Got project 64 1.7 and copied over the cheat file, I'm player 2, and I'm in mushroom kingdom, what am I doing wrong??

Morin0

Smash Lord
Oh my god I can and have fixed this problem (with the widescreen codes)
wait, wait, wait... are you saying you fixed the RAM addresses constantly changing issue?

That orange/red Link from the video was COOL. I want to use orange/red Link.

Last edited:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
[collapse=Stage Specific Codes]
Code:
Blast Line Coordinates Training Mode
8122D688 ???? (Up)
8122D68A ???? (Down)
8122D68C ???? (Left)
8122D68E ???? (Right)

Blast Line Coordinates 1p Mode
8121BB58 ???? (Up)
8121BB5A ???? (Down)
8121BB5C ???? (Left)
8121BB5E ???? (Right)

Blast Line Coordinates VS Mode
81216A38 ???? (Up)
81216A3A ???? (Down)
81216A3C ???? (Left)
81216A3E ???? (Right)

Training Mode Stage = 80190969 00??
VS Mode Stage = 800A4D09 00??
1 Player Mode Stage = 800A4B19 00??
00 - Peach's Castle
01 - Sector Z
02 - Congo Jungle
03 - Planet Zebes
04 - Hyrule Castle
05 - Yoshi's Island
06 - Dream Land
07 - Saffron City
08 - Classic Mushroom Kingdom
09 - Dream Land Beta 1
0A - Dream Land Beta 2
0B - Level From "How To Play SSB Demo"
0C - Yoshi's Island no clouds
0D - Metal Mario Level
0E - Fighting Polygon Team Level
0F - Race to the Finish!
10 - Final Destination
11 - mario target
12 - fox target
13 - DK target
14 - samus target
15 - luigi target
16 - link target
17 - yoshi target
18 - c. falcon target
19 - kirby target
1A - pikachu target
1B - jigglypuff target
1C - ness target
1D - mario platforms
1E - fox platforms
1F - DK platforms
20 - samus platforms
21 - luigi platforms
22 - link platforms
23 - yoshi platforms
24 - c. falcon platforms
25 - kirby platforms
26 - pikachu platforms
27 - jigglypuff platforms
28 - ness platforms

No DreamLand Wind & No Hyrule Tornado
80131410 0011

Stage Hazard Stats for Tornado, Barrel, and Acid. Damage doesn't work with Barrel
Training Mode
8122D6C2 ???? (Damage)
8122D6C6 ???? (Angle)
8122D6CA ???? (Knockback Scaling)
8122D6CE ???? (Fixed Knockback)
8122D6D2 ???? (Base Knockback)

VS Mode
81216A72 ???? (Damage)
81216A76 ???? (Angle)
81216A7A ???? (Knockback Scaling)
81216A7E ???? (Fixed Knockback)
81216A82 ???? (Base Knockback)

1P Mode
8121BB92 ???? (Damage)
8121BB96 ???? (Angle)
8121BB9A ???? (Knockback Scaling)
8121BB9E ???? (Fixed Knockback)
8121BBA2 ???? (Base Knockback)

VS Mode Spawn Coordinates
DreamLand
Player 1 (Default X = 0000, Y = 0006)
81218976 ???? (X)
81218978 ???? (Y)
Player 2 (Default X = FA8B, Y = 038A)
8121897C ???? (X)
8121897E ???? (Y)
Player 3 (Default X = 0001, Y = 0609)
81218982 ???? (X)
81218984 ???? (Y)
Player 4 (Default X = 058D, Y = 038D)
81218988 ???? (X)
8121898A ???? (Y)

Peach's Castle
Player 1 (Default X = FF2B, Y = 0626)
812197AC ???? (X)
812197AE ???? (Y)
Player 2 (Default X = 02FD, Y = 061B)
812197B2 ???? (X)
812197B4 ???? (Y)
Player 3 (Default X = 012C, Y = 05EB)
812197B8 ???? (X)
812197BA ???? (Y)
Player 4 (Default X = FCB8, Y = 05F6)
812197BE ???? (X)
812197C0 ???? (Y)

Yoshi's Island (with clouds)
Player 1 (Default X = 0275, Y = FFA0)
8121BBBC ???? (X)
8121BBC0 ???? (Y)
Player 2 (Default X = 005A, Y = 0969)
8121BBC4 ???? (X)
8121BBC6 ???? (Y)
Player 3 (Default X = 02F4, Y = 05E9)
8121BBCA ???? (X)
8121BBCC ???? (Y)
Player 4 (Default X = FC22, Y = 0408)
8121BBD0 ???? (X)
8121BBD2 ???? (Y)

Hyrule Castle
Player 1 (Default X = F6A0, Y = 0412)
8121C410 ???? (X)
8121C412 ???? (Y)
Player 2 (Default X = FBBA, Y = 0412)
8121C416 ???? (X)
8121C418 ???? (Y)
Player 3 (Default X = 00F0, Y = 040F)
8121C41C ???? (X)
8121C41E ???? (Y)
Player 4 (Default X = 05DC, Y = 0412)
8121C422 ???? (X)
8121C424 ???? (Y)
[/collapse]
[Last updated 05/03/2014]
Other than requiring different codes, What's the difference between a Training Mode Stage, VS Mode Stage, and 1 Player Mode Stage?
The only differences I know of are that Training Mode Stages have different music and backgrounds and you can control things like Items, CPU's actions, etc. Training and 1P can only be played with 1 player. while vs can have 1-4 players and you can change the rules.
What else is different between modes.

I've only played 'vanilla' Super Smash Bros. so I don't actually know.

Madao

Sorry for the late replies.
Is it possible to play every stage of BTT and BTP with any char using codes?

edit: I mean do the challenges, not the empty stages. @ Madao Madao @ Cyjorg Cyjorg @ tehz tehz
I believe so, unless there's some obscure glitches. You should be able to do so by using a code to select the desired stage.
wait, wait, wait... are you saying you fixed the RAM addresses constantly changing issue?

That orange/red Link from the video was COOL. I want to use orange/red Link.
More like you don't have to worry about it, if you're editing the ROM instead of editing RAM.
Other than requiring different codes, What's the difference between a Training Mode Stage, VS Mode Stage, and 1 Player Mode Stage?
The only differences I know of are that Training Mode Stages have different music and backgrounds and you can control things like Items, CPU's actions, etc. Training and 1P can only be played with 1 player. while vs can have 1-4 players and you can change the rules.
What else is different between modes.

I've only played 'vanilla' Super Smash Bros. so I don't actually know.
I need to go back and do more checking, but in many ways they are the same. 1P mode seems to have some unique characteristics. For instance, Yoshi team and Kirby team. Also I know for sure your partner is handicapped in the team stages. I'll have to check and see if Player 1 is also handicapped in 1P mode. I really need to check and see.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Sorry for the late replies.
I believe so, unless there's some obscure glitches. You should be able to do so by using a code to select the desired stage.
More like you don't have to worry about it, if you're editing the ROM instead of editing RAM.
I need to go back and do more checking, but in many ways they are the same. 1P mode seems to have some unique characteristics. For instance, Yoshi team and Kirby team. Also I know for sure your partner is handicapped in the team stages. I'll have to check and see if Player 1 is also handicapped in 1P mode. I really need to check and see.
Madao I missed you so much :'( I'm sorry I failed you

P D

Smash Ace
Does anyone have the multiplayer single player code? Or does anyone even remember what I'm talking about?

It allowed you to have player 1 play a regular 1p mode but the cpu's in slot 2-4 would be controlled by human(s). on the first stage for example you would fight a human player 2 who controls link and so fourth with team battles and such

Madao

Does anyone have the multiplayer single player code? Or does anyone even remember what I'm talking about?

It allowed you to have player 1 play a regular 1p mode but the cpu's in slot 2-4 would be controlled by human(s). on the first stage for example you would fight a human player 2 who controls link and so fourth with team battles and such
If you look at my OP, the codes you're looking for are under "Match Specific Codes". Player # Controlled By.
Is the PSA for 64 anywhere near complete Madao Madao ? Or do you at least have the codes for modifying moves yet?
I wouldn't call it complete. It mostly supports things like generic physical hitbox data (no grabs or projectiles). Also, moveset data has never been fully documented. Toomai did most of the documentation work afaik, but never finished. Unfortunately, gameshark codes are typically unsuitable for these kind of codes. If you want to use a memory editor or patch a ROM, then my tool may be useful. What would you like to modify about the moves? I have not been successful with finding the animation data yet. I still think it's nice that I can edit hitbox properties.

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
If you look at my OP, the codes you're looking for are under "Match Specific Codes". Player # Controlled By.
I wouldn't call it complete. It mostly supports things like generic physical hitbox data (no grabs or projectiles). Also, moveset data has never been fully documented. Toomai did most of the documentation work afaik, but never finished. Unfortunately, gameshark codes are typically unsuitable for these kind of codes. If you want to use a memory editor or patch a ROM, then my tool may be useful. What would you like to modify about the moves? I have not been successful with finding the animation data yet. I still think it's nice that I can edit hitbox properties.
Oh, I was assuming that gameshark codes could possibly edit basic things like knockback direction or damage. I would love to get a download for your tool, even in rudimentary stages it would be very interesting to use. I would like to make Fox more Falco like for my friend who mains Falco in melee. Mainly just changing the shine to send enemies upwards and dair to spike. By the way, thanks for all of the gameshark documentation!

Madao

Oh, I was assuming that gameshark codes could possibly edit basic things like knockback direction or damage. I would love to get a download for your tool, even in rudimentary stages it would be very interesting to use. I would like to make Fox more Falco like for my friend who mains Falco in melee. Mainly just changing the shine to send enemies upwards and dair to spike. By the way, thanks for all of the gameshark documentation!
I suggest you download the spreadsheet from http://smashboards.com/threads/moveset-data-thread-chart-updated-dec-04-12.329221/
It may be a little difficult to read at first. I didn't realize that I never posted the link to my tool! Be sure to read the text file. If you are playing on emulator, I strongly advise against using gameshark for these kind of changes because it would require specific addresses for different types of matches. It's much more convenient to patch the ROM or use a memory editor. If you would like a ROM patch, I can make one that has small changes to Fox, to help you get started. I wonder if you'd like Fox's dair to be like Kirby's or if you just want it to be like Falco's.

Nick Mang

Smash Rookie
I suggest you download the spreadsheet from http://smashboards.com/threads/moveset-data-thread-chart-updated-dec-04-12.329221/
It may be a little difficult to read at first. I didn't realize that I never posted the link to my tool! Be sure to read the text file. If you are playing on emulator, I strongly advise against using gameshark for these kind of changes because it would require specific addresses for different types of matches. It's much more convenient to patch the ROM or use a memory editor. If you would like a ROM patch, I can make one that has small changes to Fox, to help you get started. I wonder if you'd like Fox's dair to be like Kirby's or if you just want it to be like Falco's.
Oh wow, thank you very much. I was looking at the moveset data thread last night, but got a little lost I wasn't sure how to patch the ROM. I tried to use cheat engine with the method you provided, but I couldn't figure it out. We assumed it would be easier to make Fox's dair like Kirby's, but we were wanting Falco's dair.
By the way, are the polygon characters considered different from the actual characters? Like could you make a 'Falco' using the polygon Fox so you would also have the original Fox?

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
If someone could please help me out with some codes I would GREATLY appreciate it! I've wasted too much time going through this thread and google trying to find answers and coming up dry. Sometimes people will mention in passing but not provide the codes :/ I am using this for gameshark / console so I hope it translates over well as I know these are mostly with emulator in mind.

1.) Is there not a way to play as some of the special characters ie metal mario, giant dk, and master hand without the game crashing after the match ends or you rq?

Here are the codes I'm using for metal mario for an example if someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong (if the crashes are avoidable *fingers crossed*)

800A4D2B 000D (metal mario for player1 in vs mode)
800A4937 00FF
810A4938 0FF0 (bottom 2 codes are for "unlock everything" as I found only having the top code for some odd reason saved data on cartridge is erased while code is enabled)

2.) Someone quoted @Danny_SsB about a night time dreamland?!?! but i didn't see any codes or anything for it. OMG I have this idea I'd LOVE to make a reality where I keep stock DL as a playable stage but swap out another one I don't use or even an activator on stage select where I could alternatively go to a night time dreamland with fd or bf music and no wind for a truly trippy experience! which brings me to my final question..

3.) I see the code for "no wind or tornado" but is there a code for just no wind and KEEP tornado? the wind in dl can be annoying sometimes but I actually like and want to keep the tornado in hyrule if possible

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me with these! <3

Madao

Oh wow, thank you very much. I was looking at the moveset data thread last night, but got a little lost I wasn't sure how to patch the ROM. I tried to use cheat engine with the method you provided, but I couldn't figure it out. We assumed it would be easier to make Fox's dair like Kirby's, but we were wanting Falco's dair.
By the way, are the polygon characters considered different from the actual characters? Like could you make a 'Falco' using the polygon Fox so you would also have the original Fox?
You're welcome. As for the cheat engine issue, either you couldn't find the right addresses (it's actually a pain to do this), or you didn't byte swap the hex (also a hassle to do). I only use cheat engine for making changes while playing. When I want more permanent changes, I patch the ROM.

Addresses are very specific to the match, such as Dream Land, VS mode, no items, Fox as P1, Kirby as P2, etc. With cheat engine, you can use pointers to simplify it. I'll see what I can do to simplify this process for you. I would love to see more people tweaking hitbox data!

As for making Fox's dair like Falco's, it's a matter of simply understanding how knockback and angle works. Once you play around with it, then it will become easy for you to make the desireable changes.

Polygon characters have their own player ID, but use the same moveset data as their counterpart. It would take a lot of work to change the game to have them use their own movesets.
If someone could please help me out with some codes I would GREATLY appreciate it! I've wasted too much time going through this thread and google trying to find answers and coming up dry. Sometimes people will mention in passing but not provide the codes :/ I am using this for gameshark / console so I hope it translates over well as I know these are mostly with emulator in mind.

1.) Is there not a way to play as some of the special characters ie metal mario, giant dk, and master hand without the game crashing after the match ends or you rq?

Here are the codes I'm using for metal mario for an example if someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong (if the crashes are avoidable *fingers crossed*)

800A4D2B 000D (metal mario for player1 in vs mode)
800A4937 00FF
810A4938 0FF0 (bottom 2 codes are for "unlock everything" as I found only having the top code for some odd reason saved data on cartridge is erased while code is enabled)

2.) Someone quoted @Danny_SsB about a night time dreamland?!?! but i didn't see any codes or anything for it. OMG I have this idea I'd LOVE to make a reality where I keep stock DL as a playable stage but swap out another one I don't use or even an activator on stage select where I could alternatively go to a night time dreamland with fd or bf music and no wind for a truly trippy experience! which brings me to my final question..

3.) I see the code for "no wind or tornado" but is there a code for just no wind and KEEP tornado? the wind in dl can be annoying sometimes but I actually like and want to keep the tornado in hyrule if possible

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me with these! <3
1.)I don't know of a way to fix the crashing.

2.)I believe that was just a texture pack, which means emulator only.

3.)Here's a code that's likely safe for console that only disables DreamLand wind
D1105C02 FFFF
81105C02 0000

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Madao! Sucks that some of them won't work but appreciate you getting back to me and supplying the dreamland wind code only!

It's removes the top platform of Dream Land. But it's all buggy to me.
I'm very intrigued by this pokemon stadium 2 in pm is my go-to stage ( Earthward Bound Earthward Bound did you see this?) what makes it buggy mixa? And is this a emulator only feature before i get too excited? (Too late)

New and improved dl mod idea! (that a few ppl according to this thread have already had apparently lol) Remove top platform of dl, remove wind, change the blast zones slightly, replace music with safron city.

Would it be possible to run a stock dl and modified version simultaneously though on the stage select screen Madao Madao ? Because as sick as this potential stage could be it would still be ideal to keep the option of playing stock dl without having to go through the hassle of turning the system off, loading the gameshark again and deselecting the code. Im going to experiment later by replacing safron city stage with dl stage and add the no wind code and see if i can play a match like that with no wind and afterwards select normal dreamland and hopefuly still have wind there. Unless anyone knows this won't work already and wants to save me time lol.

If removing the top platform of dl is too buggy is it instead easier to make the tutorial stage playable? What makes this stage so messed up? Is it as easy as just fixing the blaszones or is the camera too messed up beyond repair?

Last edited:

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Im going to experiment later by replacing safron city stage with dl stage and add the no wind code and see if i can play a match like that with no wind and afterwards select normal dreamland and hopefuly still have wind there. Unless anyone knows this won't work already and wants to save me time lol.

If removing the top platform of dl is too buggy is it instead easier to make the tutorial stage playable? What makes this stage so messed up? Is it as easy as just fixing the blaszones or is the camera too messed up beyond repair?
The "Stage Replace" codes don't replace one stage with another; they only redirect which stage is loaded. Basically, the game is saying "I want to load Saffron City (really, the stage data indexed by 0x07)".The gameshark "looks" for that request and changes it to say "I want to load Battlefield (the stage data indexed by 0x0E) or "I want to load FD (indexed by 0x10)". Then the game loads the data indicated by the value in the gameshark code.

So, when you "replace" saffron city with dreamland, you're not creating a second dreamland. You're making a second path to the same dreamland stage. And since dreamland is the same, there is no way for the gameshark to tell them apart either. (or, more accurately, there's no way for the gameshark to tell them apart with it's very limited list of active codes).

As for "How to Play", it has a hilarious number of issues that gameshark won't be able to correct. Eventually, (hopefully) we can decode the way the stages are structured in memory, and then you can easily (well, more easily than with a gameshark) make changes to a stage and roll a new romhack

rosetta_stoned

Smash Apprentice
Figured as much thank you, doesn't really matter anyway because removing the top platform doesn't work for gs either.

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
8013A789 0080 (I made this code to display correct number of stocks) Time & Stock Modifier (T = Time, S = Stock) 810A4D0E TTSS Sudden Death (If you don't have equal stocks, the match ends instead) 800A4D19 0007
I tried to get stock time codes to work printed on first page including sudden death code on console with no luck. Instead as soon as I selected stage went straight to sudden death and then game crashed - not the result i was hoping for.

I triple checked to make sure they were all entered right, the only thing i can think of is the code line for the modifier 810A4D0E 0805 (TTSS) which might be a calculated hex value and not as simple as 0805 for 8 minutes 5 stock. I also noticed that the game defaulted to 6 stocks in the ingame menus when to reiterate I wanted 5.

Last edited:

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
Love how everyones oundlandish requests get entertained and my perfectly reasonable questions always go unanswered in this thread. Nevermind noobs i figured it out.. sorta. Now the game crashes at 7:40 but by the time someone by some miracle tries to help me I'll have figured that out too by then. Get rekt.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
good luck. I've never looked into how these codes work (as the gameshark is really awful for doing things like this, and we now have ROM hacks that are far better suited to this work, and is probably the real reason why no one has responded), but you might want to see what each line of those codes is doing.

The first line (8013A789 0080) looks like it could be CPU instruction (just based on the address that's being modified). If so, this will need to be conditional wrapped (a D0/D1 code) to ensure it is active only when it is necessary for stock display. If it's active all the time, it's probably improperly overwriting another instruction, which could cause the game to crash.

The second line (810A4D0E TTSS) should just be changing the bytes that are read for time and stock (presumably it's stock is n-1 based on what you wrote). This should be fine as it is, but you can never change the time/stock in game, as the game shark will constantly change it back to whatever you entered in the code. (The gameshark is awful). You could try using "F10A4D0E TTSS" to write the stock/time value just once on boot, but i don't think that'll work.

The third line, I have no idea about. It looks to be a flag in memory (like the second line), but I'd find it really odd if it's constantly used for the very specific function of avoiding "Sudden Death". If that's the case, then you'll be improperly changing that value too.

These are just my guesses; idk if this is correct. Madao would know more since he made these codes (if he remembers from a couple of years ago.)

Last edited:

Madao

I tried to get stock time codes to work printed on first page including sudden death code on console with no luck. Instead as soon as I selected stage went straight to sudden death and then game crashed - not the result i was hoping for.

I triple checked to make sure they were all entered right, the only thing i can think of is the code line for the modifier 810A4D0E 0805 (TTSS) which might be a calculated hex value and not as simple as 0805 for 8 minutes 5 stock. I also noticed that the game defaulted to 6 stocks in the ingame menus when to reiterate I wanted 5.
Forget about the sudden death code, it was something I messed around with, but never completely figured out. As for the time stock #, the game adds 1 stock to the number. Iirc the default value was 0302 which = 3 min and 3 stocks. I know I probably replied too late for this question, but at least others will see it.

Anyway, using gameshark on console is a hassle and you have to be more careful. I need to start using more activator codes, so that people on console can safely use some of the codes I posted.
Now the game crashes at 7:40 but by the time someone by some miracle tries to help me I'll have figured that out too by then.
Which code(s) were you using?

The third line, I have no idea about. It looks to be a flag in memory (like the second line), but I'd find it really odd if it's constantly used for the very specific function of avoiding "Sudden Death". If that's the case, then you'll be improperly changing that value too.

These are just my guesses; idk if this is correct. Madao would know more since he made these codes (if he remembers from a couple of years ago.)
I basically jumped to conclusions in my earlier days. I think it's really just a code to end the match, but obviously it's not even good to freeze. Not sure why I even posted it, rofl! I really need to go through and update my code l

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
I can now play the first match working properly but for the second match after players have selected their chars it freezes before stage select is loaded. I assume its something to do with the gs getting confused and wanting to revert back. These are the codes I'm currently using;

800A4D0B 0003
8013A789 0080
810A4D0E 0804

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
Hey now that we have blast zone coordinate hacks I just realized we could start using Race to the Finish as a playable stage (not saying it would be good for tournies or whatever). I was thinking the blast zones could be the "box" of the entire stage.

Also late reply but I got the multiplayer 1p mode to work. Dunno if it's interesting enough to do a rom hack of, but I'm guessing speedrunners might like it for variety (they could do team speedruns, lel).

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Yes it's possible. First you have to decompress the ROM. Then you have to find the file that contains the data you want to edit (i use a premium hex editor that lets you search multiple files simultaneously). After editing the file, you can use a vpk compressor to compress the file, then use a file inserter to put it back into the ROM. After you are done editing the ROM, be sure to update the CRC. You can use a tool called rn64crc.exe. To make compressing easier, I made a gui front end for that compressor. Just put the exe in the same directory as the compressor, as well as the edited compressed files (to simplify the process).

Keep in mind that you'll need to install python for the decompressor and file inserter. Can't remember which version they use though ;/
You actually don't have to re compress the file. The file inserter does this for you. I believe it recalculates CRC as well (it shows up in the command box) but I'm not 100% sure.

Madao

I can now play the first match working properly but for the second match after players have selected their chars it freezes before stage select is loaded. I assume its something to do with the gs getting confused and wanting to revert back. These are the codes I'm currently using;

800A4D0B 0003
8013A789 0080
810A4D0E 0804
Sorry for the late reply. You'll probably need to use activator codes to fix the problem. I can try taking a look this week.
Hey now that we have blast zone coordinate hacks I just realized we could start using Race to the Finish as a playable stage (not saying it would be good for tournies or whatever). I was thinking the blast zones could be the "box" of the entire stage.
Interesting idea. I never thought of doing that.
You actually don't have to re compress the file. The file inserter does this for you. I believe it recalculates CRC as well (it shows up in the command box) but I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks, that greatly simplifies the process.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Thanks, that greatly simplifies the process.
I was actually wrong. While you don't need to recompress the file to get a working, the file is not recompressed by the file inserter. Compressing files is probably a good idea especially if you're going to be editing mass amounts of files

Madao

I was actually wrong. While you don't need to recompress the file to get a working, the file is not recompressed by the file inserter. Compressing files is probably a good idea especially if you're going to be editing mass amounts of files
Oh ok, still nice to know that I don't have to compress the files, when making small changes. What I will probably do is skip the compressing process when experimenting, but when I actually want to make a hacked rom for regular play, I'll probably compress those files.

Top Bottom