• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games/Consoles you grew up with as a kid

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I grew up with the Genesis with Sonic The Hedgehog 2, NBA Jam, Chakan, that mickey mouse game, street fighter II, and a whole lot of other genesis games that I don't remember. First time I even got into gaming and my brother and I would play it all the time.

My first Nintendo console was the N64 and it was bought by my dad from a pawn shop. First time I got introduced to Smash Bros and I was glad I did. Although, the game that I had the most craziest story with was Ocarina of Time. I had a copy (or maybe I still have it, but don't know where it is) that had a user named Al on it when my brother and I started it up. We opened the file and the game boot up in Ganon's castle and this dude completed everything from the Medallions, all hearts, weapons, and every song too, 100% complete. However, that wasn't the crazy thing, the crazy thing was the Triforce in the middle of the medallions was glowing yellow. My brother and I can remember this and I don't know if we were delusional because we were excited about the game, but it was glowing. Anyways, we were going through Ganon's Castle and losing lots of hearts. When we got to the stairs, I told my bro to take it while I use the washroom. When I got back, My brother was at ganondorf and he lost with the game over screen on our TV. I told him to not save it and just go back to the title screen. When we clicked on the Al file again, we were now at kokiri forest as Young Link with nothing like if we just started the game and no glowing triforce...

So that was the crazy story about a glowing triforce in OOT that I have no way to proof at all...sigh why didn't i save T_T

Last edited:

PinballWizard00

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pinballwizard00
3DS FC
3325-1688-9149
I first started out with the GameCube by my brother getting it one Christmas with both of us playing so much of Mario Party, Melee, Double Dash, Battle for Bikini Bottom, and XD: Gale of Darkness. My cousin had a PS2 where I got to play games like Kingdom Hearts and Sly Cooper. I later got a Game Boy Advance SP where I played a lot of Pokemon, Metroid, and the Mario Advance games, although I lost my original SP and got another one years later. A long while after I got my SP, I got a DS Lite for my 6th birthday along with Mario Kart DS, and I had a blast playing the Pokemon games and Mario Kart DS online (too bad the wi-fi is now shut down.) More than a year later, I got a Wii with Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, some carnival game, and Wii Play. I remember the day Brawl came out and my step-sister managed to get my brother and I a copy of Brawl and absolutely loving it. A few years later I got an N64 online along with Goldeneye, Smash 64, Banjo Kazooie, Star Fox 64,and Mario Party and I loved the system and I still have it to this day. In Christmas 2011, I got a 3ds with Star Fox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D, and Super Mario 3D Land and is one of my favorite handhelds. One year later, I got a Wii U along with New Super Mario Bros U and Nintendo Land and I love the system and I can't wait to see what is in store for Nintendo in the future.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Very, very, very early on it was whatever NES games my parents had. I remember playing Mega Man 2 and ...Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout. LOL. In fact, I most remember playing the latter.

A little later on my parents got me a SNES, and the game I most remember playing on it was SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

Later on the N64, I most remember playing Mario Kart 64. A little later on in the picture came Super Smash Bros., Kirby 64, Paper Mario, and both N64 Zelda's. Also Mario Party. Lol.

The first two generations of Pokemon were really big in my childhood, too. I had a Gameboy for a long time, but it never got serious play until Pokemon Red.

Then there was Animal Crossing. A game that pulled me in so easily with its focus on relaxation, designing, and interaction with villagers. Although I got majorly addicted to Pokemon games, Animal Crossing really screamed as being the first game I felt was really tailored to what I want to play. I got soooo obsessed with it. Like OMG, no one could ever know. I bawled when my first town corrupted. xD

The last games of my childhood (assuming we're going all of the way to 18 here, lol) would be The Sims 2, Kingdom Hearts II, and Twilight Princess. I loved all of these games, although they came after my life stopped revolving around gaming.

Top Bottom