• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamerz Galaxy 4 RESULTS & SHOUTOUTS [11/23/13 Austin, TX]

MT_

Smash Ace
Thank you for everyone that attended! Most everyone was cooperative with the TOs and the tournament ran in a very timely manner. I hope everyone had a great time and I want to see you guys in the future. Make an effort to attend Forte, an Austin major that will be happening on December 21-22. For the unexpectedly large turnout, the tournament ran very smoothly. Here are the results:

Singles:

(50% of the pot went to the pot bonus for Forte)

1: ARC ($54.00)
2: MT ($27.00)
3: JF ($9.00)
4: TSC
5: Spicy Mandarian
5: S.O.S. Sucks
7: GSO
7: RedShadow
9: Lumpy
9: DMT
9: Spicy Marmalade
9: Sizzle
13: JCast
13: Gentle Breeze
13: Tobias
13: Zhea
17: Kalo
17: Shocky
17: I'mDirtyDan
17: Valayntine
17: Detox
17: AC
17: ICC
17: Frisbie
25: Carlos
25: Donk
25: Otter
25: FAP
25: Ronny
25: Milligraham
25: Zceriun
25: TwoThousandThree
33: Pond Water
33: Donk (tio glitch)
33: Anthony
33: Jack Cashmere
33: Santigold

Doubles:

(50% of the pot went to the pot bonus for Forte)

1: Even Austin Hates Kyle (ARC + SOS Sucks) ($49.00)
2: Team Matt (MT + JF) ($21.00)
3: BNB retreat (TSC + Kalo)
4: teamB (joe + jose)
5: Jamal + Josh (RedShadow + Sizzle)
5: Cape and **** (DMT & Frisbie)
7: Better than the Alternative (JCast + Zhea)
7: Cat's Meow (Bryce + I'mDirtyDan)
9: HerpDerp (11 + fumble)
9: Flapjack Parade (GSO + Tasty)
9: Anthony's That Cooks Bad For Kyle (Noel + Anthony)
9: team a (AC + Lumpy)
13: Team RockSTAR (Zceriun + Ronny)
13: StoneBoulders (ICC + 2003)
13: PJs (milligraham + FAP)

MT_

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

Firstly I want to thank the community for being incredibly cooperative and helpful in helping set up and run the tournament smoothly. Seeing so many new players and just this huge turnout in general makes me very excited about the future of not just the Austin Melee scene, but for Melee in Texas as a whole. Hype!!

ARC - Thanks so much for helping set up at the beginning of the tournament. Congratulations on first. I'm going to be reevaluating my play, so don't get complacent (I know you won't). I'm gunning for you.
JF - Thanks to you also for helping set up at the beginning. Good **** in teams, dat Isai prophecy that we fulfilled. GGs in singles too.
TSC - Dude learn to play vs Falco already it's like the most played character in Texas.
Spicy Mandarian - Best pair of TOs in the history of ever??
S.O.S. Sucks - Glad you could make it out! Seems you were having an off day; we'll have to play more next tourney.
DMT - Thanks for bringing a setup!
Spicy Marmalade - I'm really thrilled to see you regularly coming to events. You're really cool and I love your Pikachu. Keep it up! You're getting better.
Sizzle - Thanks a million for helping set up! Things wouldn't have gone anywhere near as smoothly without your help. Sorry we had to meet in bracket lol, but I enjoyed our set. Let's play more in the future!
JCast - Nice placing for not being as active lately. Always good to see you man.
Tobias - Thanks for helping run bracket matches while I needed to play teams and Jose was otherwise busy. God I love this community so much. I better be seeing you more now that your car has been fixed!
Zhea - Great to see you make it down from San Antonio! I hope you enjoyed finally participating in a tournament without worrying about having to run it haha. Keep up the good **** in San Antonio and I'll be doing the best I can in Austin as well. #texasmelee
Kalo - Don't be so scared of me lol. You like burning all of your options without me having to do anything and I feel it's because you're irrationally scared of me (in singles). Good to see you though as always. Thanks for making the trip up from Houston.
Shocky - Hope you enjoyed the tournament! Have you entered one like this before? It's awesome to see you coming to more stuff and you can get good. Just keep it up.
Frisbie - So looking forward to PATS3. See you then bro.
Otter - Nice meeting you! Your enthusiasm for the game is infectious and makes me optimistic about the future of #texasmelee.
Milligraham - I like your tag. Come to more stuff in Austin! It'd be sweet to see you around more.

Sorry I couldn't play everyone at this tournament. Was pretty busy between TOing and competing. I hope everyone had a great time and that you guys will come back for more stuff. Sorry if I left you out in the shoutouts; it's been a long day. #texasmelee

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time! Especially considering that was my first real tournament.

I still have no idea how I managed to get 5-ish Falco phantasm meteor smashes throughout the day

0tter

Smash Rookie
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot from this tourney...a lot of highly skilled players showed up. Meeting all the friendly Austin faces makes me want to attend Forte even more...it's just a question of how many more times I'm going to *sneak* out of Houston without telling mom (=_=). Nonetheless, PATS is going to be another great tourney this upcoming weekend.

Shoutouts:

ARC - Once again, your Marth really was impressive. You and MT make we want to pick him up even more. Congrats on 1st place in singles!
MT - Great TO and very friendly person, not to mention amazing Marth play in singles and teams (dat comeback). Thanks for welcoming me to the Austin scene and appreciating my hype! Congrats on 2nd place in singles. (Could you link me to the bracket software/website you used for TO-ing the event?)
JF - It was really nice finally getting to meet you in person, and it was great talking to you and watching your Puff wreck havoc. Congrats on 3rd in singles.
Gentle Breeze - Best tag in texas...No joke.
Tobias - No mercy next time. Show me the Luigi.
DirtyDan - No, I'm dirty dan. Good Sheik play, you were ruthless.
TSC - Good stuff, representing Houston the best you could...I know you wanted to beat JF really badly, you have another chance this weekend. Thanks for the ride, appreciated very much. Don't know if I'm cut out for talking trash >_> It's not my personality type.
Kalo - You are hilarious, thanks for keeping the car ride entertaining. I want to see you win another tourney, it's a bummer to see a player like you not have the same spark anymore.
Frisbie - I really appreciated the advice, thanks a lot. Please stick with Doc and get amazing with him, I want the next shroomed to emerge from Texas.
DMT - I thought you played really well, I want to learn some Fox stuff from you, I'm sticking with him and him only for a little.
ICC - I still harbor a deep hatred for Ganon, but thanks for advice and chilling with me at the tourney. We don't see each other at UoH at all, we need to chill.
Everyone else - Thanks for making this tourney great.

These were my first shoutouts ever, please critique.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament with a great turnout! It was some good practice for PATS3 and Forte is just around the corner!

Shoutouts:
1: ARC - Too good, man. Your marth is so smooth and always a pleasure to watch. We didn't play this time around so hopefully we can get some games in at PATS (you better be going!)
2: MT - You and Jose did a great job running this thing and competing at the same time. I always have fun playing you even when I'm getting scraped. I feel like I always learn a lot from you and Edgar every time. I definitely want to keep seeing improvements. Who knows? Maybe in time I'll be able to be fighting you guys in finals someday.
3: JF - Fun set! I should've had you in game 2 but I was dropping all my edgeguards; it kind of got in my head I guess. I promise it'll be closer next time! (By that I mean I'll be winning ;))
4: TSC - Nice job beating SOS! Your falcon is as smooth as ever. Now just figure out how to beat the bird. I actually wanted to play you in tournament now that I feel like I can give a challenge. Maybe next time.
5: Spicy Mandarian - What's with this tag? I always choke against you in friendlies haha. I've got that Marth's number. I promise I wont choke when we play in tourney.
5: S.O.S. Sucks - We played like half a friendly and it was about 100x closer than the last time I played you if that counts for anything.
7: GSO - I'm kind of salty about losing. You're a smart player though and you deserved it. Missing all my ledge sweetspots was pretty fraudulent though haha
7: RedShadow - Nice job on the placing you're always solid even if you get down on yourself (you seemed kind of upset towards the end of the tourney idk).
9: DMT - Shoutouts to me! Man, what do I say to you? Keep getting better, scrub. I feel like I've been making good progress. If I keep it up this placing will keep getting better.
9: Spicy Marmalade - Looks like you broke the curse of doing bad in tourney! Good placing! That pikachu is scary.
9: Sizzle - Josh! We tied again!? ALL of our matches are so fraudulent! haha It's always nerve wracking playing you in dittos. They're always excrutiatingly close regardless of who wins. TBH I'm really scared of running into you in tourney again.
17: Kalo - You suck kid. Maybe one day you'll place as high as me. JK You're solid as always. We didn't really get to play any real matches outside of teams so I'll be sure to do that at PATS if you're there.
17: I'mDirtyDan - Man, I'm really bad against Shiek. I was playing really scared the first match, because of it and almost lost haha. Then I got my **** together. You're getting better.
17: ICC - SCRUB.
17: Frisbie - Soon to be best team in Texas! We'll get there. You were off your game in singles, but don't sweat it. Shake it off and put in work at PATS.
25. Otter - I liked your old tag better! Dude, I didn't get to play you because I was trying to stay warm for tourney/playing matches, but I'm in houston for the holidays and we'll play soon. I'll give you tips and what not if that's what you want. Seems like you're doing some soul searching both in life and in smash and that's perfectly alright. Don't give your mom such a hard time, she's going through a lot and she just wants what's best for you! We'll have a long talk next time I see you this week, I promise. As for smash, keep getting better, keep practicing, and pick a main haha.
25: TwoThousandThree - The slowest Marth west of the Mississippi!!! Good job, homie. Keep coming to tournamentsp please.

0tter

Smash Rookie
Fun tournament with a great turnout! It was some good practice for PATS3 and Forte is just around the corner!

Shoutouts:
1: ARC - Too good, man. Your marth is so smooth and always a pleasure to watch. We didn't play this time around so hopefully we can get some games in at PATS (you better be going!)
2: MT - You and Jose did a great job running this thing and competing at the same time. I always have fun playing you even when I'm getting scraped. I feel like I always learn a lot from you and Edgar every time. I definitely want to keep seeing improvements. Who knows? Maybe in time I'll be able to be fighting you guys in finals someday.
3: JF - Fun set! I should've had you in game 2 but I was dropping all my edgeguards; it kind of got in my head I guess. I promise it'll be closer next time! (By that I mean I'll be winning ;))
4: TSC - Nice job beating SOS! Your falcon is as smooth as ever. Now just figure out how to beat the bird. I actually wanted to play you in tournament now that I feel like I can give a challenge. Maybe next time.
5: Spicy Mandarian - What's with this tag? I always choke against you in friendlies haha. I've got that Marth's number. I promise I wont choke when we play in tourney.
5: S.O.S. Sucks - We played like half a friendly and it was about 100x closer than the last time I played you if that counts for anything.
7: GSO - I'm kind of salty about losing. You're a smart player though and you deserved it. Missing all my ledge sweetspots was pretty fraudulent though haha
7: RedShadow - Nice job on the placing you're always solid even if you get down on yourself (you seemed kind of upset towards the end of the tourney idk).
9: DMT - Shoutouts to me! Man, what do I say to you? Keep getting better, scrub. I feel like I've been making good progress. If I keep it up this placing will keep getting better.
9: Spicy Marmalade - Looks like you broke the curse of doing bad in tourney! Good placing! That pikachu is scary.
9: Sizzle - Josh! We tied again!? ALL of our matches are so fraudulent! haha It's always nerve wracking playing you in dittos. They're always excrutiatingly close regardless of who wins. TBH I'm really scared of running into you in tourney again.
17: Kalo - You suck kid. Maybe one day you'll place as high as me. JK You're solid as always. We didn't really get to play any real matches outside of teams so I'll be sure to do that at PATS if you're there.
17: I'mDirtyDan - Man, I'm really bad against Shiek. I was playing really scared the first match, because of it and almost lost haha. Then I got my **** together. You're getting better.
17: ICC - SCRUB.
17: Frisbie - Soon to be best team in Texas! We'll get there. You were off your game in singles, but don't sweat it. Shake it off and put in work at PATS.
25. Otter - I liked your old tag better! Dude, I didn't get to play you because I was trying to stay warm for tourney/playing matches, but I'm in houston for the holidays and we'll play soon. I'll give you tips and what not if that's what you want. Seems like you're doing some soul searching both in life and in smash and that's perfectly alright. Don't give your mom such a hard time, she's going through a lot and she just wants what's best for you! We'll have a long talk next time I see you this week, I promise. As for smash, keep getting better, keep practicing, and pick a main haha.
25: TwoThousandThree - The slowest Marth west of the Mississippi!!! Good job, homie. Keep coming to tournamentsp please.
Otter is here to stay forever, I'm sorry :D

Sizzle

I paint controllers
1: ARC - We didn't play, but its always fun chatting and hanging out with you. Grats.
2: MT - Thanks for all the Marth practice, even though we had to play in bracket. I'm glad we got such a nice turnout.
3: JF - Good job on 3rd dude, you're so close to breaking into that next tier. Clutch teams play too!
5: Spicy Mandarian - I'm salty we lost to you in doubles lol. I'm glad we didn't have to play in singles XD
5: S.O.S. Sucks - You took my dollar qq lol
7: GSO - Rob why don't we ever play ><
7: RedShadow - I had fun teaming with you Jamal. You beat me pretty solidly in singles too.
9: DMT - I'm glad we managed to dodge each other in tourney again too. I always have a heart attack whenever we play lol.
9: Spicy Marmalade - Why did you gimp me so much in teams XD. You are really fun to play against, I love playing you.
9: Sizzle - lol
13: Tobias - Nice chatting with you a bit.
13: Zhea - Glad to see you guys made it down. I hope to make the SA monthly if there is one in January.
17: Shocky - We gotta train as much as we can since we live so close. I think you're picking things back up really well.
17: I'mDirtyDan - Keep playing Clay, I feel like you get a little better every time we play.
17: ICC - You had a solid Ganon. I think FD is a tough counterpick vs Fox because he's so much faster than Ganon, and Ganon doesn't really have his normal platform movement on FD. Plus Fox has lasers and forces Ganon to approach a lot.
25: Otter - We played a couple friendlies, and you have a really contagious enthusiasm for the game. I'm glad to see new players like you in the scene.

Ethan - I don't know your tag, but nice hanging out with you at dinner afterwards. We gotta play again at the next meeting!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
So, I'm usually lazy and don't post shoutouts, but this tournament was awesome, and the people deserve it.
1: ARC - Scrub. Getting 1st? Is that really the best you can do?
2: MT - Keep being amazing, but be more amazing because I know you can. I love teaming with you and I'm glad we pulled off the sick **** we did. Also, amazing job running the tournament.
3: JF - Scrub. Claims Marth is his best matchup, still loses to Marth. Step your **** up.
4: TSC - You are really so good, man. Our matches are always really close. I will beat your Falcon with someone other than puff one day, and good job beating my bird with the Capn.
5: Spicy Mandarian - Unlike MT, I'd rather you stop being amazing because you're scary <3
5: S.O.S. Sucks - Man, what can I even say? I didn't see any of your matches, but good job in teams, and it's always great seeing you. I will shake your hand one day.
7: GSO - It's always a pleasure to see you even though we didn't get to talk or play much.
7: RedShadow - 7th at a tourney like this is pretty good, man! You are so much better at this game than you think you are, just gotta work on your attitude. I know you're capable of a lot :)
9: DMT - Good stuff in our set. You played a lot smarter that 2nd match, and I probably should have lost. I like that you can make me play seriously now. I can definitely see you becoming a threat in the future!
9: Spicy Marmalade - I had never played you before, but you really impressed me in teams. Pikachu is not easy, but you make it look like it is.
9: Sizzle - Thanks for the ride and it's always great talking and chilling with you. I have a feeling you're close to stepping it up soon too.
13: JCast - Didn't get to talk to you, but I'm glad you made it out! Haven't seen you very often, but I see you still got it. Idk if you've given up on Peach or not, but if you have, you should give her another shot. She's stupid.
13: Tobias - My old school bro <3 Good job helping out with the tourney and hopefully next time we'll get to chat more. Your Falcon is stepping it up, but never give up the weegee.
13: Zhea - I'm glad you were able to make it up here. You are another I have my eye on for the future. Falcon scares me, even though I play characters that are supposed to beat him badly. :(
17: I'mDirtyDan - I love your persistence. You are getting better very quickly and I would be more than happy to teach you whatever sheik and puff stuff you'd like to know.
17: Valayntine - We didn't even talk at all at this :( I'm glad you made it out though! Come play with Austin and me sometime :)
17: ICC - Ganon is a really tough character to succeed with. He's one of my favorite characters to use, and it can be done, it just takes a lot of work. I'll see you at PATS I think?
17: Frisbie - Frisbie! One of the coolest guys in the scene. I can't wait for PATS! This placing doesn't accurately reflect your skill imo, and I'm sure you'll step it up in the near future :)
25: Otter - <3 It was so great to meet you, too, man... but like Phil said, you gotta find a balance in what matters in your life. I know it's not easy, but you're an amazing kid and I know you can do it. I love your enthusiasm for the game, and I appreciate your support and praise, even if I don't deserve it :p Also, you will be good one day. For only 2 months of playing, you did well. We'll chill more at PATS.

Everyone else - Thanks for coming out! It was awesome seeing SO MANY people at what has typically just been a small local tournament. I hope all the new players continue to play, become more involved with Austin Melee, and help the Texas scene. Thanks guys!

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Wow, I haven't been on Smashboards in a long time. But yeah, this is JCast.
I didn't play a lot of people, but I had a great time!

Shoutouts to:
MT - Great tournament! Hopefully I can attend Forte, because this tournament made me really eager to play more Melee. It was great seeing you and Jose again too. JESTER TRIO! LOL
Spicy Mandarin/Jose - I just realized I didn't play you or MT! What's that about? haha
Zhea - Thanks for being my last-minute teams partner, it was awesome teaming with you! I'm pretty sure we traded our fair share of knees and downsmashes haha. Hopefully I can make it to a SA tourney in the near future!
JF - I'm sorry if I didn't say anything to you throughout the tournament (I was shocked by how many people attended), but thanks! Definitely still playing Peach, and not hearing the end of how stupid she is, haha.
GSO - It was cool playing you in doubles! Hopefully we'll get to play more against each other soon!
RedShadow - Jamal! You just had to stop me and Zhea's doubles momentum, haha. It was good seeing you again!
Spicy Marmalade - Dat Pikachu! I think we got to play one good game, but you've definitely gotten better since we last played. We should play some friendlies next time, Joe!
Sizzle - Nice meeting you, Josh! You and Jamal were pretty good in teams, and you were so on-point against me in singles. Good stuff, man!
Lumpy - Good games in both doubles and singles! I wish we could've played against each other more, because I need more Falco practice, haha.
Shocky - Holy crap, our set was super tight, haha. Like, the pressure was definitely on during that last stock, especially on the big TV with quite a few people watching. I had fun playing against your Sheik though! Thanks for the great set, and hopefully we get to play against each other again!
Kalo - I'm pretty sure I played more friendlies with you than every other person combined at the tourney, haha. Good games, man! If you have any advice for me, I would appreciate it! Thanks!
Zceriun - I had fun playing against you! For someone who started two months ago, you make some good decisions! Just keep at it with Marth!
Everyone else - Sorry if I forgot you, or if I didn't get to play you. I'm glad everyone had fun though!

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, and I hope I can make it out to Forte! :bee:

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Wow, I haven't been on Smashboards in a long time. But yeah, this is JCast.
I didn't play a lot of people, but I had a great time!

Sizzle - Nice meeting you, Josh! You and Jamal were pretty good in teams, and you were so on-point against me in singles. Good stuff, man!

Oh sorry, I forgot to give you a shoutout >< I think when we were striking stages, we had Dreamland and BF left on the list and it seemed like you were a little surprised that I didn't strike it. I'm actually really comfortable there, so when you counterpicked it I was ready haha. It's kind of a fox stage with the platforms combined with his speed and lasers XD. It was nice to meet you, hope to see you at Forte.

MT_

Smash Ace
(Could you link me to the bracket software/website you used for TO-ing the event?)[/COLOR]
I borrowed a laptop in order to run a program called tio tournament organizer. The main website is down but if you google it hard enough I'm sure you can find a mirror to download it. Should be free.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Oh sorry, I forgot to give you a shoutout >< I think when we were striking stages, we had Dreamland and BF left on the list and it seemed like you were a little surprised that I didn't strike it. I'm actually really comfortable there, so when you counterpicked it I was ready haha. It's kind of a fox stage with the platforms combined with his speed and lasers XD. It was nice to meet you, hope to see you at Forte.
It's cool, haha.
Yeah, I'm starting to realize how bad Dreamland can be for Peach. =/

Top Bottom