• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer-Tag/Smash-Tag/Username Origin Story Thread

Hemwick

Fox <3
My tag I use for everything else is too difficult to pronounce and I wanted to start with something fresh when I got into Melee. Splatoon is dope and everyone loves a good meme so I chose Woomy as my tag. Kind of a boring story tbh, but oh well.

Last edited:

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
My tag I use for everything else is too difficult to pronounce and I wanted to start with something fresh when I got into Melee. Splatoon is dope and everyone loves a good meme so I chose Woomy as my tag. Kind of a boring story tbh, but oh well.
Woomy is a very sick and unique tag and I like that about you. Thanks for sharing!

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Yo Cup! Just stumbled upon this thread so thought I'd share. My first experience with Smash was in 2014, when I went to a party and some guys were playing Brawl on an LCD with Wii Remotes. Pretty casual, to say the least. I don't remember much of the encounter, but I remember after a Fox player got a Final Smash and rekt the other 3 players with it, my first thought about Smash was, "This game is unfair".
In early 2016 I got re-introduced to the game through a friend. We were playing Project M 3.6. In July I picked up Melee, and in August I attended my first tournament. I wondered and wondered for a tag, not quite sure what to choose. In the end I chose Big Boss, as I was (and still am) obsessed with MGS. As for my smashboards name, Big Boss was taken, so I just went with bboss.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Been a fan of Nintendo for a long time and decided to use the name of one of my favorite obscure Nintendo heroes, Sky Skipper from the Japan-only game Sky Skipper. I followed the Smash Bros series from the very beginning in 1999. In fact I first heard about the series from EGM!

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
Been a fan of Nintendo for a long time and decided to use the name of one of my favorite obscure Nintendo heroes, Sky Skipper from the Japan-only game Sky Skipper. I followed the Smash Bros series from the very beginning in 1999. In fact I first heard about the series from EGM!
Hm, interesting, I'll have to check this game out!

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
Yo Cup! Just stumbled upon this thread so thought I'd share. My first experience with Smash was in 2014, when I went to a party and some guys were playing Brawl on an LCD with Wii Remotes. Pretty casual, to say the least. I don't remember much of the encounter, but I remember after a Fox player got a Final Smash and rekt the other 3 players with it, my first thought about Smash was, "This game is unfair".
In early 2016 I got re-introduced to the game through a friend. We were playing Project M 3.6. In July I picked up Melee, and in August I attended my first tournament. I wondered and wondered for a tag, not quite sure what to choose. In the end I chose Big Boss, as I was (and still am) obsessed with MGS. As for my smashboards name, Big Boss was taken, so I just went with bboss.
It's so wonderful to see we're still getting new players

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
It's so wonderful to see we're still getting new players as early as 2016! I love the fact that the scene is still growing. My local scene didn't start growing until 2012-13 ish, but I joined the SC Smash scene in like August of 2014! I've been play 2 years 6 months 18 days off and on. I have OCD/ADHD/and people swear I have depression, idk though! But I've had to quit for various reasons but I'm back now and ready to play!
Hahaha that's better than mine... My scene started in 2014, and gradually the tournaments got bigger as time progressed. I went to the first big tournament so I didn't really miss out on much!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Back in 2007 or 2008, aura was the one weird obsession I was tied too. My favorite magical element came to be dark (before it was thunder), it was during elementary school. I was also afflicted to two other forums; Chao Island (Aurachao 2009) and YoshiArt Forums (DarkAuraYoshi 2008). I adapted and became better. I took a break off of forums in general around 2011 when high school happened. I don't even go on these forums ever since 2012.

Just that, I was particularly hyped up for Super Smash Bros. Wii U. I also found out during that time that people play this game competitively. Since I was obsessed with rising up my skill with my mains, well, here I am! From this day forth, I stand as DarkAuraful, a user-name that I eventually though up at some point in 2011; and a user-name that I officially stand by.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
I've always stuck with usernames that reflect my interest in Pokemon, starting with ilovepokemon when I was ten years old. (If you see someone named PlatinumUmbreon, UmbreonRogue, CrazyUmbreonLady, or FloofyIncineroar, that's me.)

You see, I'm a Terraria player. And I enjoy the alchemy part of the game, even though it's not that complex. I'm a crazy hoarder of alchemy ingredients such as fish and herbs (and their respective seeds). So I jokefully called myself an insane alchemist in my signature on the official Terraria forums.

So then I discover Smashboards. At first, I consider one of my typical Pokemon inspired names. But I realized, I could use a more original name. Then I remember my signature at the Terraria forums.

So now here I am, going by InsaneAlchemist.

Top Bottom