• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer survey

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Hey all. I'm doing an intro stat project for a workshop as a grad student. Part of what I'm doing is collecting real world data samples from ideas that kids are interested in (hence, video games). So I'm doing a basic survey through various gaming forums tallying up posts. Yes, I am now aware of survey monkey but I am almost done lol. I need as many data values as possible by the end of the hour (Min = 40. I'm currently at 34). Thanks!

I just need:

1. Your age.
2. How many games (on average) you purchase in a year. You may include new and used. Please do not include iOS or Droid games (or "mobile" games. 3DS, PSP, etc do count). Note: I know that some years are better than others. Try to average those out and give me a solid number.

Thanks!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
It will definitely be bias but the most important part is getting a large sample of "random" data that may have a decent correlation without fudging numbers too terribly. My goal is moreso to show some high school teachers examples that kids would be more interested in. Simply mentioning video games might drag them into wanting to do something similar. I also want them to be able to take this and try to build a better sample from a population.

I'm doing it in such a lengthy way for one reason. Interest in some of my own inferences based on some hypothesis tests. Right now all of my personal collection of data comes from GFAQs. SWF will (hopefully) be on a separate list. I don't know what I'm looking for but what I do know is that SWF is a "competitive" community (in general) and GFAQs is a "casual" (in the sense of gaming style, not necessarily a non-hardcore gamer) community (in general; opinions vary of course). The commonalities of course being that both communities are beyond your typical "casual" (non hardcore) gamer that might partake in mobile gaming or etc.

Once I run some various things, it'll be sorta interesting. :)

D0N

Smash Ace

unless cheap (less than 10$) psn games need to be counted. then i'll say about 12

Wumbo105

Smash Ace

If you could label me as something between 0 and 1, that'd be best. I buy a game every few years or so, and emulators help me with the rest.

:phone:

Top Bottom