• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot Monthly 3, San Antonio TX Results!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Had a great turnout this time, though I'm a bit disappointed I canceled 3rd Strike and Tekken 5DR. Brawl had a great turnout still, much better than the last one, with 39 entrants. And Puffball FINALLY beat Dr Mario Kart lol.

Guilty Gear had 8 entrants, and Marvel had 15 entrants. There were 6 Brawl teams.

Brawl Singles

1: Sethlon ($273.00)
2: Puffball ($78.00)
3: PozerWolf ($39.00)
4: Dr Mario Kart
5: Kikaioh
5: Zaiah
7: JUJ
7: K Prime
9: MorningStar
9: Suspect
9: K dawg
9: BAD
13: DSB
13: Greyfox
13: Erick
13: NESS Baby
17: ROB69
17: Over-All
17: No Casualties
17: Geoberos
17: B
17: IT
17: Joo
17: RayO
25: DiversiD
25: Jerem
25: Kyronexx
25: Red X
25: Mr. 12345
25: Jambi
25: ZA17
25: Gman
33: JEO
33: Destiny
33: FKFC
33: Infamous Mars
33: X
49: FD
49: Jipple

Brawl Teams

1: B-Spam (Puffball & Dr. Mario Kart) ($42.00)
2: JellyFish Pirates (Sethlon & Tarzan) ($12.00)
3: Reggy Kush ($u$pect & Morningstar) ($6.00)
4: Team Eddie's Mom's Hot (Superman & Ness Baby)
5: Green Team (FKFC & Rob 69)
5: Jipple (Cody & James)

Marvel vs Capcom 2

1: STFU ($105.00)
2: Jake M ($30.00)
3: Luiz ($15.00)
4: CarnEvil
5: Joey H
5: Andjita
7: Moo
7: Tony
9: Sinister-X
9: Jonny Ibanez
9: Drumliner Joe
9: DUX
13: Big Nasty
13: SDK
13: Boshe

Guilty Gear Accent Core

1: Strategic Master ($56.00)
2: Jan ($16.00)
3: PozerWolf ($8.00)
4: FD
5: Jonny Ibanez
5: SkyKing
7: MC Clusky
7: Oyashiro

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Awesome tournament KM, I really enjoyed myself at this one. Leaving the store, it being cold as hell...

****, it kicked so much arse that I'm having a hard time keeping myself from getting all excited.

Anyways, I have nothing else to do. This calls for shout-outs:

--------------------

Sethlon: Our matches in the Grand Finals were too good. It was great to play against you, and I hope you come back sometime. I want some more. I took off a set from you...next time...you never know >:D Friendlies were also good, and it was cool to just kick back and chat. Oh, and lulz, you played in Soul Calibur too.

PozerWolf: Didn't chat too much with you, but you seemed like a cool guy. Great matches in the loser's finals. I kinda wanted to play you in GG, but you'd probably rip me a new one...

Dr Mario Kart: Buahahahahahaha! j/k. Good games, it was bound to happen sometime. We keep going back and forth. It just tipped to my favor this time. Luigi's Mansion jab locks are too good.

Kikaioh: Cool MK.

JUJ: The fact that you carry around that hammer everywhere you go (I know what it's called, but I'm too lazy to spell it out)...yeah, that's exactly why you're awesome.

K Prime: You're Pikachu is as sharp as ever. Good games man, and I hope to play you soon again.

MorningStar: You got so good so fast. Kicked my *** pretty good too in the first round. Good shiz. Can't wait to see where you go from here.

Suspect: Didn't play you in tournament, but good **** getting so high up in the brackets. Gunstar Heroes after the tournament was WAY too good. Wish we had time to finish.

Greyfox: It's always awesome to hang out with you, Suspect, and Ethan's group. That fighting game you were playing, I must play it sometime soon. That match vs. Geoberos was WAY too good.

Geoberos: Not bad, not bad. You're getting there buddy, just keep your game up, and I'm sure you'll do better. Learn some naner games, but keep that BA physical-only strategy, it's too good. Oh, and that dSmash...I'm not gonna let you live it down... >:)

Ethan+Everyone in teams: Too good...just...too good.

Bear: You reak of awesome. Seriously.

KM: Again, awesome tournament. If you ever need any help, I'm always here to lend a hand next time. Oh, and I wanted to play Brawl+ too, but Gunstar Heroes called over.

-----------------------------

I can't wait for December. Melee+Brawl, and MK banned? Awesome stuff.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeauuuhhhzzz Sethlon! Sorry I couldn't make it. Otherwise we would of terrorized teams.

Good job finally beating DMK espy lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeauuuhhhzzz Sethlon! Sorry I couldn't make it. Otherwise we would of terrorized teams.

Good job finally beating DMK espy lol.
Thanks.
I wish someone recorded mine and Sethlon's set. In fact, I wish someone recorded, period.

Beat him 3-2.
Then he beats me 3-1.

Too good. The Jungle Japes match was just too awesome.

Oh, and Sethlon...two words...

GREEN GREENS.

XD

-----------

Oh, and boo Hylian for not coming. I was going to go out of my way to buy you a DP if you showed up...

but that didn't happen, now did it?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks.
I wish someone recorded mine and Sethlon's set. In fact, I wish someone recorded, period.

Beat him 3-2.
Then he beats me 3-1.

Too good. The Jungle Japes match was just too awesome.

Oh, and Sethlon...two words...

GREEN GREENS.

XD

-----------

Oh, and boo Hylian for not coming. I was going to go out of my way to buy you a DP if you showed up...

but that didn't happen, now did it?
:(.

Keep that thought for the next tournament ^_^.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol I honestly wasn't expecting Sethlon to be there but we all had tons of fun :)

Time for SHOUT-OUTS:

Suspect: Hey no problem man. Us brotha's gotta stick together in these changing times
MorningStar: your getting far better than I expected. You beat puff at least once :)
Zaiah: **** man another good show from you for your 2nd appearance.
JUJ: Hey good job in the tourney. You only lost to the ones who made top 4 :)
Sethlon: It was an Honor having you come down to our tourney like that. I'm actually glad it was you and not Dojo and Santi (no offense to San Ang >.>;;)
Pozer: Still one of the most intense Snakes in TX. I LOL'd when you said that you didn't play to that one no name
DMK: You finally got beat. But dont sweat it. Your still a really good player :)
Espy: Great job beating DMK and making it to the Grand Finals 3 straight times. Your Sonic deserves 10 Steaks :)
KM the Host: A really well ran tourney today, except for the ZSDK event. That was kinda messed up =/. But I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Too all else who were there and wasn't mentioned, I either forgot you were or i didn't have enough detail to put anything down for you (Kprime, ZSDK, and GeoBeros are one of them)

I had a lot of fun today and just had a freak'n blast

Hylian you fail for not coming to this. No matches were recorded so the epic es match btwn Sethlon and Espy will never be seen again unless you were there

And Espy the game is called Arcana Heart, and yes it is floaty but it is a good fighting game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
:(.

Keep that thought for the next tournament ^_^.
...very well then.

You come down, and I'll take a can of DP for ya.

------------

Ankoku said:
Characters.
From what I can recall:

1: Sethlon (Falco)
2: Puffball (Sonic)
3: PozerWolf (Snake)
4: Dr Mario Kart (Meta Knight)
5: Kikaioh (???)
5: Zaiah (Falco)
7: JUJ (King Dedede/Meta Knight)
7: K Prime (Pikachu)

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
SC4 Results:
Full Results...

1: Linkrkc
2: nori
3: Alpha Male
4: Moogle
5: DSB
5: ChickenWing
7: R, Nadal
7: Agustin
9: Sweet Beard
9: C.N.P
9: Sethlon
9: Slay Cruz
13: Con
13: Amarak
13: GREY FOX
13: X
17: Jerem

Will post comments later...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
2nd Gamelot Brawl Tournament, 3rd Gamelot including back in the Melee days. It just keeps getting better and better. 'K, time for my first crack at shout outs, not much since I've only recently been attending Gamelot tournaments so I don't know everyone. -_-

DMK - First time I played you. The second match was painful: At the start of the match, D-Throw, F-Air, D-Air my double jump, then repeat D-Air me as it pushes me to the side and too low for a charged Rocket Barrel. All that in the first 10 seconds, as expected from last month's champions.

Greyfox - Oh man, your Snake is just too good for me. Big come back at FD and Yoshi's Island was just too awesome. I just can't get past those Snake U-Smashes... I don't remember what I did that made me slap my head, but the final stocks at 100% was epic and suspenseful and you finished it off with a F-Smash straight to my face. (I don't know if the D-Smash that Espy mentioned about our match may had the chance to KO you if I wasn't facing backwards.)

Espy - Glad to hear that I'm improving. I was a bit surprised when I managed an off-stage KO when you were recovering; thought you were going to air-dodge. I was hoping to be eliminated by you, but the D-Smash that you talk about, I really thought I got Greyfox that time on Yoshi's Island. TT_TT Yeah, my 'naner game is still too haphazard, I need to learn to plan using them.

(From the list, other shoutouts include Rob69, DiverisiD, and I forgot the player who used ZZS.)

I would want to attend December's Gamelot monthly, but that'll depend on the day. Otherwise I need to mooch off some money received from Christmas to attend January's since I'm down to my last 20 in cash and I'm too lazy to withdraw from my account.
~Geoberos

Str4y

Smash Cadet
Ok, this tournament was my first! and i would love to say that i thoroughly enjoyed myself. shoutouts:

Sethlon- it was an honor facing you. facing you allowed me to know where i stand when i play others. so i am going to continue to use lucas and plan to really get better.

Ness baby: Very nice match, your ness was awesome. can't wait to play you again.

again thank you all for the good games and i can't wait to go to the next one!

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
Crazy tourney. Had multitudes of fun.

- Sethlon: You **** too hard. I need to figure you out.
- Espy: Those matches we played were badass. I thought I had you more than once but Puffball prevails! Let's play some casuals soon.
- ZSDK: You have a great Diddy but its that Luigi I'm worried about.
- K-Prime: Every time I was above you, I thought "please don't thunder, please don't thunder", and every time you did. >:[ Great games, I want to play you again.
- Suspect: We're cool. Reggie Kushhhhhhhh.
- DMK: GREEN GREENS! :D

(This is Morningstar)
(...)

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
I made 5th!!! :bee:

*cricket noises* :confused:

Ehhh! :chuckle: Sorry for resurrecting a long-dead topic, on a whim I thought to check if the results had been posted and was just kind of surprised I had placed a lot higher than I thought I did. There were a lot of good players that day and it was a great challenge (I think I overcame a nervousness too). I'll definitely try again if another one comes up!! :bee:

Top Bottom