• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube USB Adapter Not picking up Controller?

PKSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaltOnToast
I'm trying to set up the Gamecube USB Adapter program and it picks up all 4 ports but when I try to calibrate my controller it does nothing when I press buttons, It acts as if the controller is not there but has the ports open for one.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm trying to set up the Gamecube USB Adapter program and it picks up all 4 ports but when I try to calibrate my controller it does nothing when I press buttons, It acts as if the controller is not there but has the ports open for one.
You set device in gc pad settings to the appropriate port. Also make sure you have a standard controller set to in configure - > gamecube to appropriate ports.

PKSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaltOnToast
You set device in gc pad settings to the appropriate port. Also make sure you have a standard controller set to in configure - > gamecube to appropriate ports.
I don't mean in dolphin I mean in the Gamecube USB Program itself, It says it has all 4 ports but won't let me calibrate the controls or even pick them up.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I don't mean in dolphin I mean in the Gamecube USB Program itself, It says it has all 4 ports but won't let me calibrate the controls or even pick them up.
Tbh don't even bother using the usb program.

Y-L

Smash Champion
But I need it for my computer to recognize the USB adapter don't I?
I'm guessing you have either the Mayflash 4 port adapter or the official Nintendo one. If you have the 4 port, you can set it to pc mode and its plug and play. For the Nintendo one, you need vJoy.

However this is only if you play on Dolphin 4.0-652. If you use the latest Dolphin dev builds, you should use native support (if you have the Mayflash 4 port or the official Nintendo). It has 0 input lag and 100% accurately maps your controller for you. If you have the Mayflash, set it to Wii U mode and just follow this guide.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-qY-nEVWA

Watch that and watch it step by step, make sure you install it as administrator with the plugins etc. Make sure you also have the right USB plugged in (Do both to be sure). This video will also show you how to calibrate the buttons and what buttons correspond to each axis.

Once you've got all that sorted, you need to set it up in dolphin settings. Make sure the Wiimotes are turned off in settins aswell as anything else. In the devices section on the Gamecube pad settings, make sure you've selected the corresponding Vjoy port to the one you've plugged in. You might have to mess with the deadzones on the Cstick aswell by the way, as I had problems with the game not returning the C stick to a deadzone, so it thought it was always held down. So I'd press it once, then I could never use it again as it thought it was still being moved.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
so i may make another thread for this... but i have a similar but different problem. My ****ing adapter worked perfectly for dolphin and steam and everything, but windows 10 the piece of **** that it is forced an update which broke my drivers. Now i get the "not detected" error. Can i fix this without reinstalling everything over again? Cause installing this **** is a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom