• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller

TheShyGuy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6055 0680 1532
So I recently bought a used gamecube controller and for a while it worked perfectly fine. However recently I have been having issues with the controller where even if i'm not touching the joystick, the cursor in the game and in the switch moves to the right. I've reset it by holding x+y+start/pause for couple of seconds and everything gets back to normal. However every time I turn my switch back on the same issue happens again. Does anyone have any advice on solving this issue?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Unplug the controller and plug it back in, ensuring that the stick is in a neutral position. In most cases the drifting happens because the joystick was off-center when it was plugged in for whatever reason.

TheShyGuy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6055 0680 1532
Unplug the controller and plug it back in, ensuring that the stick is in a neutral position. In most cases the drifting happens because the joystick was off-center when it was plugged in for whatever reason.
The problem would only be fixed if i reset it using the x+y+start button method. Problem wouldn't be solved if I unplug the controller and plug it back in. I can assume that the controller itself isn't the issue though right?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
In that case, no, I don't have any useful advice. Put in that situation I would just get a new one.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
A large amount of Smash Ultimate run GCN controllers shipped with stick drifting, so that could be it. From what I've heard though, these issues were immediately present out of the box and didn't pop up later. The controller calibrates a new neutral position with each plug in, so like the posts above mention make sure you've tried to plug it in with the stick resting at the neutral position. If it still does this, the controller is likely at fault.

That said, minor drift won't actually have any impact on your gameplay outside of being irritating on select screens. Major drift could pose a problem, however.

Top Bottom