• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube Controller not working with Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter for Mac

theGreatWizzardFrodo

Smash Rookie
I just got the Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter and am trying to hook up a GameCube controller to it so I can use netplay. I followed the tutorial on Smashladder on how to get the adapter to work and for the most part, I have it working. I am running dolphin on version 5.0 and it is able to detect the adapter but does not seem to receive any inputs from the controller. I am running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 if this information helps.

I am using a 3rd part controller for now until I get an official GameCube controller within the next couple of weeks but I know the controller is not faulty as I own an actual GameCube and it works 100% fine on there. The controller adapter is on the Wii U/NS mode and to the best of my knowledge, I have followed the instructions. I also have followed the tutorial on Dolphin's wiki page other than the SIP command because of the risk of doing so (Lmk if I should do this even if it is risky).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I have made a stupid mistake or send the link to the forum or page that may have this answer if the question has already been asked.

Thank you, lovely people of Smash Boards!

Dankmon

Sahdude
Yup. Super annoying. Don't have a fix as of yet
I had the same issue, I made a little ritual of sorts that seems to work for me when this happens:

-unplug adapter
-unplug GC controller
-open dolphin
-open the adapter menu where it says if the adapter is detected or not
-plug in adapter
-plug in GC controller

After it says adapter detected, close dolphin, re open dolphin, and then it should work.

You also might want to look into Ishiiruka Dolphin for Mac, it runs and works much better for me on my Mac setup.

Last edited:

Goob121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goob121
I had the same issue, I made a little ritual of sorts that seems to work for me when this happens:

-unplug adapter
-unplug GC controller
-open dolphin
-open the adapter menu where it says if the adapter is detected or not
-plug in adapter
-plug in GC controller

After it says adapter detected, close dolphin, re open dolphin, and then it should work.

You also might want to look into Ishiiruka Dolphin for Mac, it runs and works much better for me on my Mac setup.
This isn’t working for me... anything else work???

Pauer

The Pauerful
This isn’t working for me... anything else work???
I don't know much about OSX, but you could try running the windows version of dolphin or faster melee with wine. I don't know if it'll work with the drivers for the controller adapters but it's worth a shot. Apart from that, I highly recommend looking into windows virtualization or dual booting windows/macOS (this is my recommendation, look up bootcamp) since you're not going to find many people who play on regular dolphin. Almost everyone is playing on some version of faster melee, because the lag reduction there is very good and allows you to have a virtually lag-free playing experience, depending on your pc, monitor and ping.

Top Bottom