• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube controller help

toptext

Smash Rookie
so I just bought a new GameCube (old on broke) and new memory card...
I also got a new controller with it.
I've been playing it for 10 days or so, and today my controller's analog stick doesn't work. I can only go down, but not up or side. It always seems to be going to the right, no matter what. I have tried everything, rebooting, recalibrating... Please help me, I'm having a friend over tomorrow and he wants to play it.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Its and old console and an old controller. If you tell me where you got it, I might be able to help

toptext

Smash Rookie
The controller, memory card were both brand new ones from Amazon... The console is also from amazon, but it was slightly used...
And sorry for bad english, english is my main languag but I am really bad with it.

toptext

Smash Rookie
Okay, so... The analog stick only seems to work for sideways just barely. Like, they can walk, but can not f-tilt, u-tilt, tap jump, f-smash, u-smash (not counting the C-stick, never use it at all), side-b, up-b. For my main (roy) it works fine, but. Fmash is really useful to me (really strong sweetspot) and I can't use c-stick because it hurts my hands.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
May not be a controller problem. Tell me is there any stickiness or resistness on the analog stick itself (like is it hard to move). If yes then it’s a controller problem and you need to buy a new one. If not it’s a console thing, and maybe try a different port?

toptext

Smash Rookie
Sorry for late reply. It is slightly sticky and very lightly resistance, I guess that menas I may have to buy a new one. Sucks cuz finding a brand new one is hard..
edit: And i did try all other ports.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
The controller, memory card were both brand new ones from Amazon... The console is also from amazon, but it was slightly used...
And sorry for bad english, english is my main languag but I am really bad with it.
Just curious, does this controller have any sort of logo in the front of the controller? Because if they don't have a logo then you bought a 3rd party controller, which are known to feel cheap and break easily. I'm just assuming considering you said it's brand new and I know originals can be pretty steep on prices for brand new.

toptext

Smash Rookie
Just curious, does this controller have any sort of logo in the front of the controller? Because if they don't have a logo then you bought a 3rd party controller, which are known to feel cheap and break easily. I'm just assuming considering you said it's brand new and I know originals can be pretty steep on prices for brand new.
Sorry for late reply agai.
It had the nintendo logo on it, and felt perfectly real when i got it.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Sorry for late reply agai.
It had the nintendo logo on it, and felt perfectly real when i got it.
That's odd. Not much I can say to help other than maybe pressing Y + X + Start together to reset your controller and see if that works.

Top Bottom