• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Adapter Experience

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
So I got a chance to play with the Gamecube Adapter finally, the essential tool for all serious Smash players. I don't know why. I guess it's good to stick with a controller you're familiar with. Although I do have to say the Gamecube controller is overrated compared to the Switch Pro Controller (which is much more comfortable).

And... I can't say installments prior to Wii U suffer for not having 5-8 players. More than 4 feels like being a pinball in a tumble dryer. It's an explosion of colors that's hard to keep track of or get your bearings in.

It was on someone else's Switch though. Someone else had the adapter and all the characters (including Piranha Plant!!!) I would never buy one or download PP. There was wires sprawled across the table. And there have also been Playstation multi-taps that weren't designed to have them all converge into one small space so the players could spread out more.

And there's only FOUR ports? So if you want eight players, that requires having two of them. I would not recommend this if you aren't a Smash fan. I wouldn't recommend this if you are one! Play with the Pro Controller, which is better at differentiating if you want to walk or run or if you want to do a regular attack or a charged attack.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Well I'll start out by letting you know you posted this in the Smash 4 forum, you won't get a lot of replies here.

The biggest issue with the pro controller for me is the round control stick cavities. The octagonal cavities help lock in directional inputs. That, and the ABXY button layout is not very comfortable.

I think in the long run, something like the PowerA Gamecube Pro Controller may turn out to be better (Not sure how true the quality issues with the control sticks are). But for now I'm gonna stand by the tried and true.

Top Bottom