• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameBoy Micro???

Holy Ji

Smash Apprentice
Well we all now how excited everyone was about the release of the Wii. How come word never spread about the GameBoy Micro's release? And what happened to it anyway? Is it still being sold?

I asked this question earlier but no one responded...:(

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Game Boy Micro is pretty worthless to buy, anyway. I mean, it can't even play GB or GBC games. All it could play was GBA games. You might as well just buy a DS or used GBA (for cheaper, even).

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Whoa! I totally forgot those existed. XD
It was never too popular. In fact, it was never popular at all.
They're pretty worthless.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I still wanted the Classic Micro that looked like a Famicom controller. Those are supposedly "a limited edition" but I still see them in places like Fry's and Gamestop. I totally forgot the existed ever since the Wii got closer and closer to launch, so yeah, overshadowing wins.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
My local Walmart still sells them for about 50 or 70 bucks, I think. But still nobody buys them. I expect to see them with a retail price of maybe $10 at the most in a few years.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I saw a few parents picking them up during Christmastime. Apparently Nintendo is trying to sell them to people who never tried gaming before and want to first try something inexpensive and with a large library of games from which to choose.

Top Bottom