• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: The Hitbox Quiz!

Sangoku

Smash Master
woo! did pretty good!, but

didn't say end of the attack
loses a point

mint goes up to 3rd c:
Good call you evil person!

How long after the results are posted are you going to wait to post the next round?
24 hours generally. Simply because I'm doing this at night and I'm going to sleep now (I waste already so much time writing these result posts lol). And it's more fun to make the whole game last longer as well.

M!nt

Smash Champion
nooo don't do it i was just kidding lol people shouldn't be able to affect other peoples score.

B Link

Smash Lord
I like how you post other people's complete responses. Makes for good entertainment.

EDIT: ^BTW I'm not trying to sound arrogant, I got some wrong too lol, hopefully people laugh at my guesses

DMoogle

A$
I don't know how nobody got the DK PAUNCH right. Out of everything that has been posted so far, that was the only one I had no difficulty at all figuring out. I'll try to hop in on the next round.

Maliki

Smash Ace
I don't know how nobody got the DK PAUNCH right. Out of everything that has been posted so far, that was the only one I had no difficulty at all figuring out. I'll try to hop in on the next round.
Pretty sure I got that one.

M!nt

Smash Champion
idk i just forget the b moves for some reason. I knew it was DK and i knew nair was wrong I just couldn't think of any other DK move that looks like that. Also I thought DK's punch was just one big square not like a thousand squares like in the picture.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You would've gotten the fact that is was uncharged? That's the part people missed.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I thought it was the weird hitbox when DK releases a fully charged but oh well

I thought blue meant damaging hitbox but oh well

B Link

Smash Lord
You would've gotten the fact that is was uncharged? That's the part people missed.
Don't ruin things I want A$ to be the next ballin4life

2/16 lmfao -- and the guesses...ULTRA LMFAO. If I wasn't in the library right now I'd fall to the floor from laughter and wouldn't be able to get up

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
You also gave ballin a point on number 3 when he said jiggs instead of kirby.

And dmoogle, most people got that it was dk punch, just everyone called it charged or didn't clarify at all. :p

ballin4life

Smash Hero
edit: If I were fake like ballin I would lol at the people who missed the egg, but I'm not like that.

nice that's nice

I don't get the scoring. Only 2 points for saying it was a DK giant punch but 3 points were given out liberally for saying "get up attack" without specifying whether it was a ledge get up or a missed tech get up. Also for some reason I got 3 points for saying jiggs missed tech get up attack when the write up said it was Kirby.

Edit: going through answers ... looks like supersteve got really screwed by the judging. Got 2/3 on three different ones where he was 100% correct

I felt like a good chunk of points this round just came from distinguishing jiggs and kirby. Is there any way to do that reliably on their moves that share an animation?

Anyway, 10x as much time spent on this round for 4x the points. Not sure if worth it :/

also so everyone can lol for number 3 I originally had jiggs ftilt and sneakily edited my PM to Sangoku after realizing blue meant invicibl

Vale

Smash Ace
nice that's nice

I don't get the scoring. Only 2 points for saying it was a DK giant punch but 3 points were given out liberally for saying "get up attack" without specifying whether it was a ledge get up or a missed tech get up. Also for some reason I got 3 points for saying jiggs missed tech get up attack when the write up said it was Kirby.

I thought that "get up attack" would be fine, because I call ledge attacks as so.

~~~
in other news: start of link's boomerang pwnt noobs #rekt scrubs fite me irl bonus round i knew it in like .0000001 seconds how can anyone not get it.
~~~
also would like to point this out
previous round:
Tied for 14th place:
Vale
The Star King

global rankings:
"9---------Vale, The Star King"

get set for the storm

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'm sorry :CCCCCCCCC

y sangoku I was kidding and he liked my post in social thread :C

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ballin did you even read the rules? I said I give 2 points per move (and one per character). One if the move is right and one for potential additional info. For example I think get up attack is self explanatory and doesn't need further info, hence getting 2 points.

Sencondly I said I'm not immune to making mistakes, so no need to act all confused if you think you saw one, just point it out. I will take out that jiggs/kirby point.

Also you're taking this whole thing way too seriously apparently. I said ten times that the grading is far from perfect, so don't pay too much importance to your grades. The goal is to have fun, not to win something big.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ballin did you even read the rules? I said I give 2 points per move (and one per character). One if the move is right and one for potential additional info. For example I think get up attack is self explanatory and doesn't need further info, hence getting 2 points.
Eh I'm just saying - if everyone who said "get up attack" meant "missed tech get up attack" and not "ledge getup attack" then that's fine; it just seems like you were much stricter on other ones.

Also you're taking this whole thing way too seriously apparently. I said ten times that the grading is far from perfect, so don't pay too much importance to your grades. The goal is to have fun, not to win something big.

wait I thought this was for money

Sangoku

Smash Master
The problem is I don't think anyone thought of something else when saying "get up attack". I hesitated to give only 2 points, but then more people would complain saying "Hey it was obviously a get up attack from a missed tech, I would have said ledge otherwise, etc.".

And I am stricter on the moves which are ambiguous. Saying DK's neutral B doesn't imply it is charged, nor does it imply it is not charged. So it's ambiguous enough to not give full points.

Concerning supersteve:
- He didn't say it was the very beginning of Fox's uair. There again, I wouldn't really mind, but since everyone else provided additional info it would be unfair for them. Because I can't give 3/3 to the one who said "end of Fox's uair", but that person gave more info, so it's seems unfair to give him less point than a person who didn't specify. That's why I decided to give 3 points only if someone said it was the beginning. Again, no solution is perfect imo.

-DK punch, that I've already explained.

-Again, the important part here was that it was the explosion of the egg and not the egg itself. And not saying anything doesn't implies anything, so I can't know for sure if he meant explosion.

M!nt

Smash Champion
ballin your percent confidence on your guesses make me laugh lol

Sangoku

Smash Master
Not really. But different hurtbox, since full punch has blue invincible frames.

Here we go with the next round!

Round 4:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Some really easy ones and some really hard ones!

M!nt

Smash Champion
for some reason i feel like the most evil one is #4, despite the existence of #5 and #6

seriously what the **** is #5 i am so confused
yeah, i feel like they can be more than one thing lol

#6 was what i completely confused on though now that I look at it i think I know what it is and I'm sad i missed it.

Vale

Smash Ace
I thought #6 was pretty easy (probably got it wrong now that I've said it). I have a feeling I overthought on #7, now that I look at it again.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it's kinda cheating, but since they know each other IRL it can't really be helped. Besides it's better to know openly they did it together, rather than they hide it from us. Especially since they don't even get first ROFL XD

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
laem. If you don't get first place I'm gonna laugh at you.
Idk about my brother, but I didn't even find out what a hit box was until like two weeks ago lol. I still don't know what the colors mean and I'm not sure what a hurt box is or if it even has anything to do with hit boxes.

I'm not exactly a reliable source lol.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Sangoku is that professor who lost the students' exams and is now hoping that everyone forgot about it.

I know, I know. I too wouldn't make a post bigger than 3 lines these days.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Everytime I'm back home on my main computer ready to post results the DDoS doesn't let me lol. I'll try to post results as soon as possible though.

Finally here's the answer to round 4!

1) Luigi's Up B, beginning! Difference with Mario: the latter's hitbox is way bigger, easily covering his whole body. Good answers: 7/17

2) Captain Falcon's U-smash! Too easy! And yeah, I posted it in the Fox thread to show how far Fox could be. Good answers: 15/17

3) Mario's third jab! What a huge foot! Good answers: 6/17

4) Luigi's dash attack! And not Ness' Fair! Good answers: 4/17

5) Yoshi's dtilt! Looks like a random bunch of boxes. Good answers: 1/17 -> no bonus because you were three on this.

6) Kirby's falling down B! Too easy! I don't really know why the hurtbox' color doesn't change, but it's definitely not an invincible state (can be knocked out and grabbed). Good answers: 11/17

7) Ness' platform drop! So hard it wasn't even fun. Guys, Yoshi's parry is GREEN invincible frames as he can get touched (hitlag+SFX+hit animation). Good answers: 0/17 :(

Now your answers:

17th place:

MrMarbles

1. pikachu get up attack?
2. i wanna say first hit of link upsmash
3. yoshi fair
4. thats the saddest little hitbox ive ever seen. i guessed this last round but luigi dash attack?
5. this is just cruel.... kinda looks like kirby in brick form but i guess that would have blue frames? i guess ill go with mario dsmash
6. either its a cloudy day in dreamland or those puffs of smoke are signifying something. all i can think of is yoshi down-B but that is probably wrong
7. I call shenanigans due to lack of hitbox in the HITBOX quiz! jk i guess its a mario standing tech?

1) 0/3
2) 0/3
3) 0/3
4) 3/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 0/3 (The very first round had 3/7 images without hitbox. But I agree it would be less confusing to call it the "hitbox and hurtbox game")

Tied for 13th place:

asianaussie

1) beginning of luigi's grounded up-b
2) falcon u-smash
3) seems like a yoshi f-air but i doubt it
4) ness f-air, but that seems way too simplistic and probably wrong
5) probably the late frames of a wakeup attack, but...who the flipping **** is this? let's go with jiggs
6) i am honestly stumped, gonna go with yoshi down-b because i think kirby down-b has invinci and you wouldnt bother shopping link out if it was a downwards bomb throw, and im probably wrong on all of those >_<
7) mario's frame of invulnerability when jumping (OOS)

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 0/3

6/21

Vale

1) mario get up attack
2) falcon upsmash
3) luigi uair
4) ness fair
5) jigglypuff dtilt
6) kirby downb
and i don't feel like losing a point like on link upb so where the move was super obvious so:
kirby aerial downb middleish before the shockwave happens when you hit the ground
7) i demand a refund. there is no hitbox here."hitbox quiz" confirmed for fraud
it has to be that frame you get when jumping out of shield. can i get points for figuring that out
let's go with link
link - jump out of shield (start)

1) 0/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3 (The very first round had 3/7 images without hitbox. But I agree it would be less confusing to call it the "hitbox and hurtbox game")

6/21

supersteve

1 Yoshi's dash
2 Falcon usmash
3 The third hit of mario's jab
4 Ness' fair
5 Jigg's bair
6 Yoshi's downb
7 Mario's usmash after the hitbox fades

1) 0/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 0/3

6/21

Crusader8389

1. Ness getup attack
2. Falcon usmash
3. Going to go with a jiggle punch, at beginning. My other thought was kirby uair while spinning but im completely unsure on how the hitboxes work on that one and im pretty sure jiggle angles a bit at beginning of punch.
4. Ness fair
5. Kirby d tilit, while squished into a pancake at beginning or end before the toe comes out. Once again confused between this and jiggle, but im pretty sure jiggle does a wierder body contortion during her
6. No idea really b/c the smoke, can't rember that in any downwards attacks. Going to guess kirby downb. My runner up was yoshi downb this time.
7. Tech of yoshi? Runner up is getup attack, also could be ness.

1) 0/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

6/21

Tied for 10th place:

DMoogle

No idea who that even is. Yoshi get-up attack?CF up-smash.Hmmm, Mario forward smash, up-angled?Luigi dash attack.Uhhh Jigglypuff down tilt.Second part of Fox's up-air?Yoshi get-up?
1) 0/32) 3/33) 1/34) 3/35) 0/36) 0/37) 0/3
7/21
Ezzee

1.) Ness' get up attack?2.) Falcon's Up-B (from the ground)3.) 3rd hit of Mario's jab4.) Ness F-air5.) Jigglypuff D-tilt6.) Kirby brick/Down-B7.) Mario's roll?

1) 0/3
2) 1/3
3) 3/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

7/21

KnitePhox

1. luigi 1st frame upb
2. falcon usmash
3. jiggs dash attack
4. ness fair
5. kirby get up attack
6. link dair
7. ness upb

1) 3/3 (technically 1st frame of every attack is nothing lol)
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 1/3

7/21

Tied for 8th place:

SuPeRbOoM

1) hmm beginning mario/luigi upb.....LUIGI upb
2) falcon upsmash
3) 3rd A jab from luigi
4) fairy ness uptilt
5) SOME wakeup
6) yoshi djc uair
7) jump oos yoshi(2 frame thing)

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 2/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 0/3
7) 0/3

8/21

KoRoBeNiKi

1. Kirby's get up attack, beginning.
2. Falcon u-smash, mid?
3. Yoshi's b(utt)-air
4. The sourspot of the back of Mario's(?) up air
5 Kirby's d-air, non-cancelled (the mini hits at the end)
6. THE ROCK...Kirby's down b
7. Yoshi's shield drop? (When the egg disappears)

1) 0/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 2/3

8/21

Tied for 6th place:

M!nt

1.ness getup attack?
2.falcon upsmash
3.third hit of mario jab
4.ness fair
5.jigglypuff dtilt?
6.kirby down b?
7.yoshi parry

1) 0/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

9/21

1.) Luigi Up-b OoS
2.) Doug Usmash Near the beginning
3.) Yoshi Fair
4.) Wild Guess Ness Up B
5.) Jigglypuff Weak Nair
6.) Kirby Down B right before hitting the ground
7.) Fox Tech

1) 3/3 (OoS doesn't change anything past the point where an attack's animation comes out, but I'll be nice and count it as correct)
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

Tied for 4th place:

cobr_evolution

1. beginning of luigi upb
2. falcon usmash
3. mario 3rd jab
4. pika grab?
5. kirby platdrop fair
6. kirby brick/downb
7. fox getup attack UNDER 100%

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

12/21

Combo Blaze

1) Luigi up b, dat lil hit box. if yall gonna take points off for not clarifing then GROUNDED up b cus w/e
2) FALCON UP SMASH, didnt you link this in a thread? :v
3) mario jab fat kick
4) ness fair!?
5)I wanna say kirby but the lack of hurtbox makes me think something else. Jiggly dair ground hit w/e?
6) KIRBY STONE? (from air)
7)yochi parry?

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3
4) 0/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

12/21

Tied for 2nd place:

The Star King

1) Mario up-b. Didn't know it had invinicibility but pretty sure about pose and the low little hitbox.

Of course, there's always the question "is that actually Luigi"? I think maybe Mario should be default unless it's a move unique to Luigi, because having to choose between the two and hope you're right is pretty... uninteresting. Well, you can always look at their body lengths, I guess.
2) Falcon USmash. Last time I lol'd at one this easy was the DK Giant Punch one, which nobody ended up getting full points for. But I don't see how there could possibly be a trick here.
3) Luigi 3rd part of Jab combo. Saying Luigi because head looks a little elongated. See comments on 1.
4) Luigi dash attack. This seems like a suspicious amount of Mario/Luigi but I don't see what else it could be. Especially with the raised legs and the ****ty hitbox :)
5) Uh, well, it seems to be going out on the z-axis, so probably a spinning move of some sort. I thought Kirby dsmash at first because of the way the body looked, but it's only hitting one one side. I'm gonna pull a ballin and say Pika DSmash though that might be a bad guess.
6) Kirby Down-B. Clouds above head, body shape, hitbox, pretty unmistakable. Only thing that gives me pause is that he's yellow, when maybe it should be green. But there is that thing where it counts up to 38% damage, so I guess that's why it's yellow...
7) wtf I have no idea. Yoshi roll, 0% confident

1) 2/3 (cf. my comment above concerning the difference with Mario)
2) 3/3
3) 2/3 (as you said, default should be Mario >=])
4) 3/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 0/3

13/21

Maliki + Stranded + KeroKeroppi

1. Beginning of Luigi up b
2. Falcon up smash
3. Yoshi forward air
4. Ness fair
5. Yoshi down tilt while turning around
6. Kirby rock starting in air
7. Ness get up

1) 3/3
2) 3/3
3) 0/3
4) 0/3
5) 3/3
6) 3/3
7) 1/3

13/21

1st place:

mixa

1) Mario - up B - beginning AND reversed, i.e. Mario up-B'd left, but is actually gonna go right (I look so confident in this one huh, inb4 0/3)
2) Falcon - Upsmash - beginning
3) Mario - third jab
4) Luigi - Dash atk - not beginning, at least.
5) Kirby - Nair's 2nd hit when you don't Z-cancel it? (haha, I'm thinking of a million things for this one)
6) Kirby - down B - descending animation
7) Shield-drop by... Luigi (if a taunt had blue frames, I'd have gone with taunt. hope it's not a taunt)

1) 2/3
2) 3/3
3) 3/3
4) 3/3
5) 0/3
6) 3/3
7) 2/3

16/21

Too lazy to do proper formatting, sorry (it took me long enough to write that post). Congratulations to mixa once again! I'll update the general ranking another day.

Tell me if you notice mistakes.

Top Bottom