• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Over - Return of Ganon! Support Thread of the classic Demon King! - (OP stepping down, thread open for take over)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd prefer Ganondorf to match the other 3 characters entirely in design. Even if it's still TP, it just makes more sense to me. Doesn't help his last appearance was a spin-off. Although HW designs isn't a bad thing, and they could just give him a few more sword moves to replace his regular A moves as long as his core gameplay isn't actually modified, but I can't think of how to incorporate two swords without hard-changing his moveset. One sword is easy. For instance, his Up Air is done with his two feet. You could have him swing his sword with the near same effect, with maybe slightly more range at best.

As for Ganon, I want him as a bipedal pig man. I wouldn't mind if they combined the BOTW Blight versions together to make a unique design, though. As long as he's bipedal. Weapons aren't an issue, and he should still use some.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think a new design based on botw would be that hard, I'm gonna copy paste what I said else where

Ganondorf may not appear in human form, but the game gives plenty to offer a new design
His arm sleeves and pants could resemble a more armoured Voe outfit. His hair would have a similar look to the phantoms and himself. But about the length of the barbarian outfit if it didn't have braids. His armour can definitely have subtle guardian stuff on it like his current one has Twilight stuff. Calamity Ganon actually has a somewhat Ganondorf face. It would likely be unchanged. Throw in the cape seen on the phantom Ganon doc armour from oot and some Yiga stuff and you get a pretty solid BOTW Ganondorf.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Botw Ganondorf might be a mix between his Calamity Ganon head with Sheika technology attached around him.

Like this
Though perhaps with a more human like face and less techno skeleton face.

Botw bipedal Ganon might be a mix between his Beast form with the proportions of his OoT design along with some armor parts based off the Blight Ganon's. Trident might be an alternative version of the one hit obliterator. Don't exactly have an example of that one though.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hmm this is an interesting idea, it would help Ganon be more unique but smash Ganon also has his own style at the point that people love.

It is tricky to work with existing characters and making larger changes.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Put me down as a supporter, imo Ganon is like one of the two Zelda newcomers that makes sense.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
After Impa, Ganon is my most wanted Zelda newcomer. With Link sporting his Breath of the Wild design, I wonder what that means for the rest of the Triforce trio. Zelda will likely have her BOTW design, but what about Ganondorf? I can't see him ever being cut. Maybe he's gets a BOTW style design like Sheik had for TP. Ganon would be a great way to pay homage to the classics.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, i can't believe i forgot about him for a second.

Count me in for this, this is my ideal Zelda newcomer.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
I'd be happy to see original Ganon in the next Smash, or at the very least a revamped Ganondorf with an original moveset befitting one of Nintendo's most important antagonists. I do still have a bit of an affinity for his old moveset so I'd also like it if they gave something like it to F-Zero's Black Shadow as a newcomer!

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
We have two Links, two Zeldas but only one Ganon. And Beast Ganon is as iconic as Ganondorf himself. I can see him using a trident, sending out flaming bats. Plus more villains is always a plus.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Ganon, Ridley, and K. Rool are among my top 3 most-wanted characters.

I highly doubt we'll see any Zelda newcomers, but I'll support this.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Ganon is in my top 5 wants for this game. He'd be a great choice to represent the 2D Zelda games and would have a very unique, fun moveset while rounding out the Triforce. I don't suspect we'll ever get decloned Ganondorf, so this is the next best thing for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Great to see more supporters on board, thanks a ton, I've added you all onto the list!

I wish someone ripped Ganon's model from A Link Between Worlds, I wouldn't mind doing some things with it, such as making hypothetical palette swaps and all.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The way I always thought of it, Ganondorf is just the the birth name of his human form that he burdens himself with while he feels incomplete or weak, while Ganon is the true name of whatever form he's most comfortable with, either through attaining ultimate power or accepting his station in life.

Note how in Wind Waker, they never once refer to him as "Ganondorf" and his usual pig transformation was applied to a puppet rather than himself. Ganon in that game is much mellower and introspective than other incarnations and as such could reasonably accept his humanity.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
While the two are one in the same, the way they are used in the series is different. For example, Ganondorf is usually treated more as a cunning villain, manipulating others/tricking them to do what he wants (Eg. Ingo & Zant). Whereas Ganon goes more out of his way to outright possess them and making them do what he wants. (Eg. Agahnim & the Guardians) Although in later installments they made him into more of a mindless beast...

Eitherway, I don't think Sakurai has much issues with including both Ganon and Ganondorf as separate characters. If he did, then he wouldn't have included Young Link and Dr.Mario as separate characters, nor separated Sheik and Zero Suit Samus into their own spot on the Smash 4 roster.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It'd be great see the classic blue Ganon from the 2D games represented in the game. If Link and Zelda can have another version of them that's playable, so should Ganondorf.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I've been watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure recently when I had a thought.

Stands are supernatural beings bound to a human that are incredibly powerful. Despite that, Stands themselves are almost always subservient to their master, and typically depend on their user's quick wit and cunning to give them directions and carry out plans.

What if Ganon was a Stand and Ganondorf was its user?

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I fully support this, I would like both a classic Link AND classic Ganon. The other Link and Ganondorf would be based on breath of the wild. That way we get representation of the classic and the new era of Zelda.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
These look great Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt very well done!

If I wasn't crammed with a ton of projects already I would have loved to make a 3D model for Ganon based off your design. Keep it up!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
upload_2018-5-6_3-39-27.png

Drew some characters I want.

Funnily enough, I think Ganon is even bigger than Ridley.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive been meaning to come in here and say i support him we have two links two zeldas (technically) so why not to gannons put me down as a supporter

mind you seeing as ridley being to big was a thing we're in trouble oh well its fun to imagine how itd be

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters! Also here's a list of Zelda games I've played:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U) (This was the only Zelda game, I actually beat 100%)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)

Yeah, I haven't Breath of the Wild yet. Mainly, because I don't have the Switch.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ridley's issue isn't so much his size as is his overall proportions and wingspan. His current design doesn't really work well within the environment of Smash. At least from what I understood.

Ganon on the other hand is no different from the likes of Bowser, Donkey Kong, K.Rool etc as he has more of a bulky looking frame. Even in the Zelda series he's always portrayed as a slow but strong and heavy fighter.

I have no interest in RTC but if anyone wants to give their two cents for Ganon, be my guest.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This isn't the Ridley thread so I won't go too in-depth, but Samus Returns did a lot of favors to him in terms of tweaking his proportions for potential playability.
Anyway, the Ganon side view is old but I redrew some other characters I want playable so they're at a profile, scaled relatively to Bowser.
line.png

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I think Zelda's redesign actually makes this slightly more likely. And since there are now three(!) Links, I don't think Ganondorf's Beast Ganon final smash deconfirms anything in regards to a classic pig ganon making an appearance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
At least people can no longer use the "Too big" meme on Ganon anymore now that the biggest (no pun intended) target of that argument is finally playable.:ultridley:
Also thank goodness Ganondorf didn't get a trident in his moveset either and just got the sword from the old Spaceworld tech demo instead. So the trident can still be Moblin Ganon's bread and butter for Smash.

Overall, I don't think he will likely make it in the base game, but we can still push for him for now as either DLC or the next game, especially now that the Zelda cast are more diverse in terms of their design's rather than just generally sticking to one game.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Ganon vs. Bowser would be a dream matchup. While I can't say I am confident in his chances, I can say I would love to see him in the game.

Top Bottom