• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Inferno: Doubles Discussion

Who would you rather have as a Smash Bros doubles partner?

• Mordecai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rigby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
When it comes to the competitive smash bros scene, 1v1 gets most of the spotlight. But for me, I could play any old fighting game if I wanted just 1v1s, so I'm a huge fan of doubles as it's pretty unique to Smash.

Right now there's a very limited amount of information when it comes to characters' doubles viability. I remember a former discussion mentioning the importance of "gimmick teams", but one of the biggest gimmicks, Game and Watch/Pikachu, was patched out quite a while ago. In terms of a doubles tier list, the only smasher I know to etch out even a rough list would be Max Ketchum, seen here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/juiceDoo...tter-than-marth-for-doubles-if-so-why.446854/

The thread I got this from also talks about some interesting doubles strategy with some players saying since Lucina makes a better teammate than Marth in the midst of the 4 player fray. I can't help but think of other characters who were meant to do better in an environment with multiple opponents, like Zelda and Charizard. Would we see them rise up the ranks in a doubles tier list?

So I do think it's worth it to have a thread specifically devoted to discussing the nuances of the doubles meta. And I can't think of a better title for a thread discussing 2v2 play than the greatest 2 player video game tournament of all time :)

Top Bottom