• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Builder Garage Overview Trailer revealed

game_builder_garage_2.jpg

Game Builder Garage, announced last month, now has an overview trailer. The trailer doesn't include too much, but it does give a good look at the title's several modes, including: Online sharing and local sharing for games, tutorials with lessons directly from Nintendo, free building, sprite-building features and being able to use a USB mouse instead of a joycon.

Game Builder Garage seems to be accessible to anyone who wants to make a game. It is exciting to see a full look at this game. For anyone yearning for more info, Gamersgrade got a first look at Game Builder Garage's online features, noting how the sharing games function seems to be more for sharing amongst friends and family. GameXplain have also got their hands on the game and have posted ten things they have learned about the game, along with an in-depth preview. [Thanks, Gamersgrade and GameXplain!]

Game Builder Garage will come out on Nintendo Switch on June 11th, 2021 for $29.99

Author's Note: In a bit more than a week, we can see how well this stacks up with game development. I'm probably picking this up. What about you? Let us know!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I was really expecting this game to be a discount Mario maker, but no. This is Nintendo's direct response to DREAM on the PlayStation. The ability to make your own sprites is what REALLY threw me for a loop. I still want Miis to be a playable option here, but I'm already sold on this as a concept as is. Hopefully this takes off, I REALLY want to see some frequent updates to this system.

Top Bottom