• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and Watch's bair broken?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, it is nuts. It hits like 7 times and the last one almost always shield stabs. I've tried shield grabs, smashes, tilts, arials.... nothing stops this beast of an attack. It's disjointed too so it pummels through other attacks. So frustrating. Anyone else notice this?

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
u sure? it shouldnt shield stab if you hold shield the enitre duration of the attack.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'm positive, all my roomate does is bair. Full shield with any character dissipates so much that the last hit basically always hits. The last hit also has some knockback.

TheLoneDeranger

Smash Rookie
Confirmed for Brawl: Broken Game and Watch.
No matter what happens, if you get most of the hits from the Bair in it WILL shield stab (and the last hit has some mean knockback at mid to upper percentages). Also interesting, I believe it has at least a few frames of landing hitboxes, not to mention nearly no lag. Also, his Nair is pretty good at shieldstabbing too, but not nearly as great as the Bair. Not bad I say.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Man that was so frustrating, I can't the his nair/bair are so broken. You cheap bairing golden locked noob. BTW... The Game.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Its the same in melee.. Bair always got feet.. Thats why snippy(my turtles name) has a foot fetish
Zorak's right. Bair was always ****.

One of the more unappreciated moves in GaW's arsenal. Clarence(my turtle's name) is too good.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion

Lag

Smash Journeyman
Turtle dancing for teh win! Yeah that turtle just eats shields for breakfast!

I agree with Bane, it is very similar to Melee. Except that knockback power at the last hit. So basically a buff.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Woot!

Next time I do that I'm going to say this if a friend asks,

"Why is that move so cheap?"

and I'd say

Theres a turtle in that jar. Hes a snapping turtle. He snaps at your shield and always makes it.

Top Bottom