• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game and watches neutral edge guard

Noodles n' stuff

Smash Rookie
I wanted to start this thread to talk about game and watches neutral air edge guard game. This is a move ive seen Qerb in particular , do on characters such as falcon. When grabbing the ledge and you notice that you wont be able to ledge hog a falcon ( falcon I beleive is the easiest target), the falcon player will attempt to recover on the stage. You noticing that the falcon will recover above you, will need to ledge hop ( I press down on the control stick and y quickly). then neutral air (parachute) but make sure you fade onto the stage . The back part of the parachute should launch falcon back off stage and thanks to its great knockback kill depending on the %.if it doesnt kill you can probably follow up with another nair since you probably have more time to judge the situation. This is a great move for when you realize that your edge hog wont work and the character will recover on stage. Some of you game and watch veterans may already know this, so if you have any info to add ( or If im completely wrong) please do so. I dont want to be responsible for hurting anymore game and watch players with my bad info :-).
Edit: I made this thread for a game and watch beginner. I know its pretty simple, but its a great move to have.

Last edited:

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot to add.

-You can n-air quickly enough to regrab ledge.
-a N-air thats landed on the stage will cover mose sweetspots. It doens't cover magnet-hand sweetspots.
-N-air is the best edgeguarding move GnW has for almost every situation. Weak f-air for gimping purposes and d-air for style purposes.
-Drop down -> bucket stall -> jump n-air works surprisingly well when your opponents start getting used to GnW shenanigans.
-GnW's aerial movement allows him to be able to edge cancel his n-air (and all other aerials) from the ledge. I don't think this is useful, which is why I've never made a post about it, but it could set up for swag turtle to key combos on people DIing in (which they will because they are expecting to be hit by a n-air or reverse f-air).

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Drop zone fair is a monster that eats anyone who has to recover lower like crap all off watch in the ditto xD

Love weak fair strong fair combos

Top Bottom